All of the following statements are true of the American postal service in the second half of the 19th century EXCEPT________
- A. Delivery service distinguishes cities from the countryside.
- B. People paid more to get their letters delivered to their home.
- C. Small towns did not provide delivery service.
- D. About 55 million people had to get to the post office to receive their mail.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Đáp án B
Các Đáp án A, C, D đều lần lượt được đề cập trong: cuối dòng 2 đoạn 3 (But this delivery service was at first confined to cities, and free home delivery became a mark of urbanism -> chỉ giới hạn cho đô thị); dòng 4 đoạn 3 (a town had to have 10,000 people to be eligible for free home delivery -> thị trấn nhỏ dưới 10000 dân không có dịch vụ này); từ dòng 4 đoạn 3 (In 1890, of the 75 million people in the United States, fewer than 20 million had mail delivered free to their doors. The rest, nearly three-quarters of the population, still received no mail unless they went to their post office -> chỉ 20 triệu trong 75 triệu người được phân phát miễn phí; 55 triệu còn lại phải tự đến bưu điện lấy) => chỉ có Đáp án B không được đề cậpYOMEDIA
Vui lòng xem Đáp áp trong phần học của em!
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- I’m sure the Whitleys were involved.” They___________have since they know nothing about the business.”
- Candy’s an excellent pianist, isn’t she?” She___________to win the prize if she plays this well during the competition.”
- ___________, the balcony chairs will be ruined in this weather.
- His friends offered to___________the next time he was in town so that he wouldn’t have to pay for a hotel.
- Susan became so tired of city life that she decided to buy a piece___________of land.
- The___________of our cruise includes stops at six ports in three different countries.
- My mind went___________when the official asked me my phone number – I couldn’t remember it at all.
- The life___________of individuals in developed countries increases dramatically every decade.
- She believes that all countries should___________the death penalty as it is inhumane.
- Although the journey was___________with danger, it turned out to be a rewarding experience for everyone.
- One way to let off___________after a stressful day is to take some vigorous exercise.
- I’m amazed that this game ever___________– it is so silly!
- They avoid the usual tourist attractions in favour of places that are off the_______ track.
- Their research into the causes of cancer promises to break new___________in the field and possibly lead to a cure.
- The___________of the building of the new shopping centre are doing everything they can to prevent the project from even starting.
- After three days in the desert, his mind began to play___________on him.
- Finding the gorillas alive had been___________his wildest dreams.
- He has been___________to supporting his nephews.
- She worried___________about her exam and couldn’t focus on her revision.
- Different measures have been___________to help the homeless.
- The noisy music___________the students from their test.
- Health food is now___________in popularity.
- ___________fire, please break the glass and ring the bell.
- Left-handed children are said to be___________to accidents in the kitchen.
- It was___________of Harry to arrive late and then try to dominate the meeting.
- During their first date, Jane had nervously peppered the conversation with _______talk.
- The match will be screened on ITV with___________commentary by Andy Gray.
- The job creation scheme is still in its________.
- I am subjected to___________smoking in the office and at home.
- Dr. Chen advised me to use this remedy in___________as it is extremely potent.
- I’m___________my brother is.
- Reports are coming in that a flood has hit a heavily-_______ area in the south of India.
- It was___________a victory that even Smith’s fans couldn’t believe it.
- I always clean the flat before my mom comes round, but she always finds at least one___________of dust.
- Everyone _________around the old woman on the floor, but no one offered her any help.
- I do agree there___________simple solution to this problem.
- I know you didn’t want to upset me but I’d sooner you _________me the whole truth yesterday.
- As the drug took___________, the patient became quieter.
- The dawn redwood appears___________some 100 million years ago in northern forests around the world.
- His comments___________little or no relation to the facts and the figures of the case.
- Asteroids may be fragments of a planet shattered long ago or from material the nuclei of old comets.
- Between the ages of nine and fifteen, almost all young people undertake a rapid series of psychological changes.
- Ponds are noted for their rich and varied types of plant and animal life, all maintain in a delicate ecological balance.
- The explorers said that they could make the round trip shorter if the weather had not been that bad.
- The Pinebrook Inn has a courtesy bus which runs every thirty minute both to and from the downtown area.
- Most authorities consider both dreaming while sleep and daydreaming to be forms of fantasy.
- Antique auctions are getting more and more popular in the United States because of increasingly public awareness of the value of investing in antiques
- An X-ray microscope enables a person to see on solid materials such as metal and bone.
- The growth rate of the Pacific Rim countries is twice faster than other comparable areas during the Industrial Revolution.
- Computers have made access to information instantly available just to push a few buttons.
- What does the passage mainly discuss?
- It can be inferred from the first paragraph that in the USA in the early 19th century.
- Which of the following was seen as a disadvantage of the postage stamp?
- Why does the author mention the city of Philadelphia?
- In the 1950s, _____________
- The word ‘they ’ refers to
- The private postal services of the 19th century claimed that they could do which of the following better than the government?
- In 1863 the United States government began providing which of the following to mail carriers?
- All of the following statements are true of the American postal service in the second half of the 19th century EXCEPT________
- The word ‘confined’ is closest in meaning to