Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.Câu hỏi:
The only members of the cat family that can roar are lions, leopards, tigers and jaguars, but lions are by far the loudest.
- A. Lions, leopard, tigers and jaguars are the only four cats that can roar; however, the others can’t roar as loudly as lions.
- B. Like leopard, tigers, and jaguars, lions are among the members of the cat family that can roar.
- C. Lions, leopard, tigers and jaguars can roar, however the roar of a lion is not as frightening as that of the others.
- D. Since lions come from the same cat family as leopards, tigers and jaguars do, they can roar as loud as the others.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: A
Kiến thức: Câu đồng nghĩa
Các thành viên duy nhất trong họ nhà mèo có thể gầm lên là sư tử, báo, hổ và báo đốm, nhưng sư tử là loài to nhất.
A. Sư tử, báo, hổ, và báo đốm là bốn loài mèo duy nhất có thể gầm lên; tuy nhiên, những con khác có thể gầm rú lớn như sư tử.
B. Giống như báo, hổ và báo đốm, sư tử là một trong những thành viên của gia đình mèo có thể gầm lên. C. Sư tử, báo, hổ và báo đốm có thể gầm lên, tuy nhiên, tiếng gầm của một con sư tử không đáng sợ như những con khác.
D. Vì sư tử đến từ cùng một họ mèo như báo, hổ và báo đốm, chúng có thể gầm to như những con khác.
Câu B, C, D không phù hợp về nghĩa.
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- In the passage, the word 'root” is closest in meaning to _______.
- Why was the policy introduced?
- What can we infer about the policy on no speaking Spanish?
- What will the district do?
- In the passage, the word 'it” refers to _________.
- In Molie Hunter’s opinion, one sign of a poor writer is ________.
- What does its” in paragraph 3 refer to?
- How does Mollie feel about what has happened to her birthplace?
- What do we learn about Mollie Hunter as a very young child?
- In comparison with children of earlier years, Mollie feels that modern children are _____.
- What does Mollie Hunter feel about the nature of a good book?
- What is the writer’s purpose in this text?
- Mollie’s adult visitors generally discover that _____.
- The children are extremely excited about the visit to the town where their grandparents were born in.
- Some of the jobs described in the job interview were writing essays, correcting papers, and reports typing.
- She always wishes to be chosen for the national ballet team, just alike her mother.
- - Ben: You didn’t go to school yesterday, did you?”- Jasmine: _______. I saw you, but you were talking to someone”.
- - Mother: How come you didn’t tell me that you would quit your job?”- Lisa: __________.
- The renovation of the national museum is now nearing completion.
- The problem of salary didn’t come up in the meeting last week.
- Although not essential, some prior knowledge about the company when applying is desirable.
- Your suggestions are not in harmony with the aims of our project.
- The biologists have found more than one thousand types of butterflies in the forest, ______ its special characteristics.
- If you are ______ of hearing, these hearing aids will be invaluable.
- _______ Steve to help, I’m sure he would agree. He is so kind a person.
- Jenny has an _______ command of Japanese cuisine.
- The new airport has ______ a lot of changes on this island.
- The new secretary is really asking for trouble, ______ the boss’s requests like that.
- The way in which we work has _______ a complete transformation in the past decade.
- He was accused to theft, but then he ______ as the real thief confessed to the police.
- The government has made a big effort to tackle the two most important _______ issues of our country.
- The only members of the cat family that can roar are lions, leopards, tigers and jaguars, but lions are by far the loudest.
- The likelihood of suffering a heart attack rises as one becomes increasingly obese.
- It seems to me that we’ve taken the wrong train.
- My sisters used to get on with each other. Now they hardly speak.
- We should quickly find a solution to the problem. Otherwise, its impact on those concerned will increase.