Read the following passage and mart the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 40 to 47.
If you enjoy water sports, Hawaii is the place for you. You can go swimming all year round in the warm water. You can go sport fishing from the shore or from a boat. If you like boats, you can go sailing, canoeing, or windsurfing. Or, you can also try some other water sports that are especially popular in Hawaii: surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Surfing is a sport which started in Hawaii many years ago. The Hawaiians called it “he’e nalu”, which means “to slide on a wave”. If you want to try surfing, you need, first of all, to be a good swimmer. You also have to have an excellent sense of balance. You must swim out from the beach with your surfboard under your arm. When you get to where the waves begin to break, you wait for a calm moment. Then you try to stand up on the board. The wave will begin to rise under you. You must try to steer the board with your feet so you stay on top of the wave. The important thing is to keep your balance and not fall down. If you can manage this, you will have an exciting ride all the way in to the shore.
Scuba diving and snorkeling are two ways to get a close look at the beauty lying below the surface of the ocean. The waters off the Hawaiian Islands are clean, clear and warm. They contain hundreds of kinds of colorful fish. The undersea world is made even more colorful by the coral reefs of red, gold, white and light purple. Among these reefs there may be larger fish or sea turtles.
Scuba diving allows you to see the most interesting undersea sights. “Scuba” means “Self-contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus”, that is, equipment for breathing and swimming around far under water. In Hawaii, you can take special courses to learn how to scuba dive. After the courses, you can get a certificate that will allow you to dive alone. Since it can be dangerous, proper instruction and great care are always necessary when you are scuba diving.
If you are adventurous, you might try snorkeling instead of scuba diving. Less equipment is needed, just a face mask, a breathing tube (snorkel) and flippers for your feet. It only takes a few minutes to learn how to snorkel. Although you cannot dive deep into the water, you can swim with your face below the surface. Breathing through the tube, you float on the surface, and keep yourself moving with your flippers. Even from the surface like this, there will be plenty of color and beauty to see.Câu hỏi:
Which statement is supported by the information in the passage?
- A. Snorkeling requires much more equipment and training than scuba diving.
- B. When you are snorkeling you can go deep under water.
- C. Snorkeling involves breathing through the tube, floating on the surface and moving with flippers.
- D. Snorkeling is a sport started in ancient times.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
Kiến thức: Đọc hiểu
Câu nào sau đây được ủng hộ bởi các thông tin trong đoạn văn?
A. Lặn với ống thở yêu cầu nhiều thiết bị và luyện tập hơn lặn với ống thở.
B. Khi bạn lặn với ống thở, bạn có thể lặn sâu xuống biển.
C. Lặn với ống thờ liên quan đến việc thở qua ống, nổi trên bề mặt và di chuyển bằng chân chèo.
D. Lặn với ống thở là môn thể thao có từ thời cổ đại.
Thông tin: If you are adventurous, you might try snorkeling instead of scuba diving. Less equipment is needed, just a face mask, a breathing tube (snorkel) and flippers for your feet.
Tạm dịch: Nếu bạn thích mạo hiểm, bạn có thể thử lặn bằng ống thở thay vì lặn bằng bình khí. Cần ít thiết bị hơn, chỉ cần một mặt nạ, một ống thở (lặn) và chân vịt cho chân của bạn.
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- After graduation, she found ______ with a local travel company in Ninh Binh.
- Though ________, he prefers to teach his children in mother tongue.
- If the weather _______ so bad, we would have gone out.
- I clearly remember _______ to the nearby zoo when I was small.
- If you do what you tell others, they _______ in you.
- They exchanged letters for 15 years, but they never _______ met in person.
- In order to _______ your goals, you need to invest the maximum amount of time, effort and energy in your studies.
- Peter _______ opened the door of cellar, wondering what he might find.
- Although they tried to hide it, it was _______ that they didn’t like their unwelcome guest.
- Larry was so _______ in his novel that he forgot about his dinner cooking in the oven.
- Park Hang-seo, who is the head coach of _______ Vietnam national football team, is a new idol of many people.
- _______, she fainted and it was half an hour before she came round again.
- Do you have any objections _______ this new road scheme?
- _______ New York is not the capital of the USA, it is the home of the United Nations.
- Mary and her friend, Ann is at the café.Mary: Would you like matcha ice-cream or caramen with jam?Ann: _______.”
- John and Mike are talking about Mike’s new car. John: “_______” Mike: “Thanks. I’m glad to hear that.”
- Many organizations have been involved in drawing up the report on environmental campaigns.
- Everyone in my community joined hands to help those impacted by the flood.
- Unless you get your information from a credible website, you should doubt the veracity of the facts until you have
- On Saturday wearing uniforms is optional so I often choose T-shirt and shorts.
- It is believed that in the near future, robots will use to do things such as cooking.
- The policeman warned the tourists not walking alone in empty streets at night.
- In China, Japan and other Oriental countries, where tea is national drink, people almost add never sugar to their tea.
- I accepted the new job after all. It is making me feel exhausted.
- He spent all his money. He even borrowed some from me.
- The word conversely” is closest in meaning to _______.
- The passage is mainly concerned with _____.
- The author mentions skates and rays as examples of fish that _______.
- The word this” refer to _______.
- According to the passage, the ability of a bony flatfish to move its eyes around is _______.
- Which statement is supported by the information in the passage?
- Which of the following is NOT true about surfing?
- The water around the Hawaiian Islands is ____.
- According to the passage, scuba diving ____.
- It can be inferred from the passage that _______.
- The passage is mainly about _______.
- The word proper” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to _______.
- The word this” in the second paragraph refers to _______.
- Do you watch television every evening, Jane?”, said Peter.
- As television programmes become more popular, they seem to get worse.
- I regret not going to the airport to see her off.