What is the modern-day view of the Luddites?
- A. They managed to protect their jobs.
- B. Their refusing to adapt to change is seen in a negative way.
- C. Their adapting to new technology saved their jobs.
- D. Their actions are inspiring many workers today.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Đáp án B
Kiến thức: đọc hiểu
Tạm dịch: Quan điểm hiện đại về “Luddites” là gì?
A. Họ cố gắng bảo vệ công việc của họ.
B. Việc từ chối thích ứng với sự thay đổi của họ được nhìn nhận một cách tiêu cực.
C. Việc họ thích nghi với công nghệ mới đã cứu được công việc của họ.
D. Hành động của họ là truyền cảm hứng cho nhiều công nhân ngày nay.
Thông tin: This group was textile workers who feared being displaced by machines and resorted to violence, burning down factories and destroying industrial equipment – their rejection of inevitable progress has come to symbolize mindless ignorance.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The Dutch are playing the Italian first, and then the Spanish and the Portuguese play.
- So extensive the lakes are that they are viewed as the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.
- Each of the musicians in the orchestra were rehearsing daily before the concert tour began.
- The factory is fined for discharging dangerous chemicals into the river.
- Thanks to her regular workouts and sensible diet she certainly strikes me as in the pink.
- If you are at a loose end this weekend, I will show you around the city.
- The problem is due to discipline, or, more precisely, the lack of discipline, in school.
- On her birthday she had only her cat for company.
- I never thought that I could win a prize.
- The mistake in the accounts was not noticed until the figures were re-checked.
- Mr. Smith is very interested in our plan. I spoke to him on the phone last night.
- The new restaurant looks good. However, it seems to have few customers.
- Her first flight as the captain of a plane was an important _____ in her professional life.
- An inspiring speaker, Reverend Jackson always manages to _____ the best in his congregation.
- The bed-ridden old man objected _____ as a burden on his family.
- We are _____ considering having a swimming pool built as the summers are so long and hot.
- ______ anything, she was unable to help the police.
- Michelle is a(n) _____ worker who always takes great care not to make any mistakes.
- The moment you _____ him, you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
- Why should I throw the milk away? It _____.
- Mike has quickly established himself _____ the National Football League’s most valued players.
- Why did you waste your money on going to see that movie?” I know. It’s the ____ film I’ve ever seen.”
- Danielle would still be our best defender _____ an accident.
- ____ are poised to change the face of the construction industry in the coming year.
- She is an excellent actress!” You _____ again!”
- Do you know who else is going to be running for governor?” _____ that Mr. Jones is planning to.”
- What is the main concern associated with technological advances in the workplace?
- What do optimists predict technology will allow?
- What can be inferred from the comments made by Bill Gates?
- Why is the example of the Industrial Revolution given?
- What is the modern-day view of the Luddites?
- Which of the following is closest in meaning to crux in paragraph 4?
- According to the article, which quality will technology never be able to replace?
- What is the main idea of this article?
- According to the text, what is the importance of candles?
- Why dose the writer mention ancient Romans and Egyptians in the text?
- Why was stearin used in candles?
- According to the text, what dose the increase of candle sales illustrate?
- According to the text, what is needed to succeed at candle-making?
- What dose the passage warn readers not to do?
- Which of the following best expresses the main idea of this passage?