Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (50 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 33235
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
- A. pedal
- B. petrol
- C. pretty
- D. petty
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 33236
- A. around
- B. south
- C. souvenir
- D. thousand
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 33237
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
- A. postpone
- B. product
- C. postcard
- D. purpose
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 33242
- A. economics
- B. material
- C. unpopular
- D. delicious
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 33244
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following question.
Many citizens say that they are _____ of the political policies of the candidates in a local election.
- A. ignorance
- B. ignorantly
- C. ignorant
- D. ignoring
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 33245
If he _____ the lesson yesterday, he could do the test better today.
- A. has reviewed
- B. had reviewed
- C. will review
- D. reviewed
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 33246
Many people hate Mondays, saying that they really _____.
- A. get over them
- B. get down them
- C. get them over
- D. get them down
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 33247
Their children _____ lots of new friends since they _____ to that town.
- A. made/ have been moving
- B. made/ are moving
- C. have made/ moved
- D. were making/ have moved
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 33248
Sometimes in a bad situation, there may still be some good things. Try not to “throw out the _____ with the bathwater”.
- A. fish
- B. duck
- C. baby
- D. child
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 33249
There is no reason to _____ his honesty; he is absolutely sincere.
- A. doubt
- B. ask
- C. inquire
- D. search
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 33250
Ann hoped _____ to join the private club. She could make important business contact here.
- A. being invited
- B. to invite
- C. to be invited
- D. inviting
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 33251
Before I send this article to the editor, I’d be grateful if you could _____ it for me.
- A. go through
- B. break through
- C. take over
- D. look up
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 33252
By next year, my son will have _____ his education at Cambridge University.
- A. realized
- B. completed
- C. graduated
- D. terminated
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 33253
The problem needs to be _____ urgently, otherwise it will be too late.
- A. addressed
- B. focused
- C. monitored
- D. checked
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 33254
Tom looks so frightened and upset. He _____ something terrible.
- A. should have experienced
- B. must experience
- C. can have experienced
- D. must have experienced
Câu 16: Mã câu hỏi: 33255
There are so many _____ names now that it is impossible to remember them all.
- A. brand
- B. model
- C. trademark
- D. logo
Câu 17: Mã câu hỏi: 33256
Mark the letter A, B, C or D in your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
The Oxford Dictionary is well known for including many different meanings of words and to give real examples.
- A. The
- B. well known
- C. meanings
- D. to give
Câu 18: Mã câu hỏi: 33257
All the candidates for the scholarship will be equally treated regarding of their sex, age, or nationality.
- A. candidates
- B. scholarship
- C. regarding
- D. nationality
Câu 19: Mã câu hỏi: 33258
The assumption that smoking has bad effects on our health have been proved.
- A. The
- B. that
- C. effects on
- D. have
Câu 20: Mã câu hỏi: 33259
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
In remote communities, it’s important to replenish stocks before the winter sets in.
- A. remake
- B. refill
- C. repeat
- D. empty
Câu 21: Mã câu hỏi: 33260
Friendship changed to antipathy when the settlers took the Indian’s land.
- A. hostility
- B. amity
- C. hatred
- D. fright
Câu 22: Mã câu hỏi: 33261
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Talking about your feeling can help you get clear about what you feel.
- A. control
- B. banish
- C. get rid of
- D. figure out
Câu 23: Mã câu hỏi: 33262
The government has launched a new road safety campaign in an attempt to reduce the number of road accidents.
- A. to try to
- B. to aim to
- C. to intend to
- D. to plan to
Câu 24: Mã câu hỏi: 33263
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Daniel: “Do you think it’s bad to keep all the candy to yourself?”
- A. You are absolutely right. I’m crazy about candy.
- B. I’m so sorry. Sometimes I’m too aggressive.
- C. I’m sorry. I should not be so selfish.
- D. You’re right. I’m a bit jealous.
Câu 25: Mã câu hỏi: 33264
Mary: “Let me bring something to your party, won’t you?”
- A. In my opinion, you’re right.
- B. That really surprises me.
- C. It’s enough, just to have you come.
- D. Sorry, I’ve ready had plan for tonight.
Câu 26: Mã câu hỏi: 33266
Read the following passage and mark A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the blanks.
Over the next 20 to 50 years, it will become harder to tell the (26) _______ between the human and the machine. All, body part will be replaceable. Computers will function like the human brain with the ability to recognize feelings and respond in a feeling way. They will then produce fake people. We will then be able to create a machine duplicate of ourselves (27) _______ we will appear to be alive long after we are dead. Maybe a few decades later, a way will be found to transfer our spirit, including our memories and thoughts, to the new body. Then we can choose to live for as long as we want. It might be expensive. When it becomes possible to do a spirit transfer, they will find (28) _______ to do them automatically. So we will be able to reside within whichever duplicate we want, whenever we want.
Miniature robots will be built (29) _______ through your blood stream and repair damage. Also, larger robots will be used when you are sick. When you have an upset stomach, you will swallow a very small cherry tasting robot which will travel through your stomach taking video of the mess. It will be set up like a video game, so you can control the exploring and the selection of images. Then you can replay the video to help a doctor (30) _______ your illness, or to prove to your employer that you really, were sick.
- A. change
- B. difference
- C. appearance
- D. variety
Câu 27: Mã câu hỏi: 33267
- A. because
- B. soon
- C. but
- D. so
Câu 28: Mã câu hỏi: 33268
- A. over
- B. out
- C. down
- D. up
Câu 29: Mã câu hỏi: 33269
- A. travelling
- B. to be travelled
- C. to travel
- D. travel
Câu 30: Mã câu hỏi: 33270
- A. watch
- B. observe
- C. notice
- D. diagnose
Câu 31: Mã câu hỏi: 33271
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Continents and ocean basins represent the largest identifiable bodies on Earth. On the solid portions of the planet, the second most prominent features are flat plains, elavated plateaus, and large moutain ranges. In geography, the term "continent" refers to the surface of continuous landmasses that together comprise about 29.2% of the planet's surface. On the other hand, another definition is prevalent in the general use of the term that deals with extensive mainlands, such as Europe or Asia, that actually represent one very large landmass. Although all continents are bounded by the water bodies or high mountain ranges, isolated mainlands, such as Greenland and India-Pakistan areas are called subcontinents. In some circles, the distinction between continents and large islands lies almost exclusively in the size of a particular landmass.
The analysis of compression and tension in the earth's crust has determined that continental structures are composed of layers that underlie continental shelves. A great deal of disagreement among geologists surrounds the issue of exactly how many layers underlie each landmass because of their distintive mineral and chemical composition. It's also quite possible that the ocean floor rests on top of unknown continents that have not yet been explored. The continental crust is believed to have been forrmed by means of a chemical reaction when lighter materials separated from heavier ones, thus settling at various levels within the crust. Assisted by the measurements of the specifics within crust formations by means of monitoring earthquakes, geologists can speculate that a chemical split occured to form the atmosphere, sea water and the crust before it solidified many centuries ago.
Although each continent has its special features, all consist of various combinations of components that include shields, moutain belts, intracratonic basins, margins, volcanic plateaus, and blockvaulted belts. The basic differences among continents lie in the proportion and the composition of these features relative to the continent size. Climatic zones have a crucial effect on the weathering and formation of the surface features, soil erosion, soil deposition, land formation, vegetation, and human activities.
Mountain belts are elongated narrow zones that have a characteristic folded sedimentary organization of layers. They are typically produced during substabtial crustal movements, which generate faulting and moutain building. When continental margins collide, the rise of a marginal edge leads to the formation of large moutain ranges, as explained by the plate tectonic theory. This process also accounts for the occurrence of mountain belts in ocean basins and produces evidence for the ongoing continental plate evolution.
What does this passage mainly discuss?
- A. Continental structure and crust.
- B. Continental drift and division.
- C. Scientific analyses of continental crusts.
- D. Various definitions of the term "continent".
Câu 32: Mã câu hỏi: 33272
According to tha passage, how do scientists define continents?
- A. As masses of land without divisions.
- B. As extensive bodies of land.
- C. As surficial compositions and ranges.
- D. As the largest identifiable features.
Câu 33: Mã câu hỏi: 33273
The word "bounded" is closest in meaning to
- A. covered
- B. convened
- C. dominated
- D. delimited
Câu 34: Mã câu hỏi: 33274
The author in the passage implies that the disagreement among scientists is based on the fact that __________.
- A. Continents undergo compression and experience tension.
- B. Continents have various underlying layers of crust.
- C. Each continent has several planes and shelves.
- D. Continents have different chemical makeup.
Câu 35: Mã câu hỏi: 33276
According to the passage, what are the differences in the structure of continents?
- A. The distinctive features of their elements.
- B. Ratios of major components and their comparative size.
- C. Climatic zones and their effect on the surface features.
- D. The proportional size of continents to one another.
Câu 36: Mã câu hỏi: 33280
The phrase "This process" refers to ______________.
- A. The rise of margins
- B. Mountain ranges
- C. Plate tectonic theory
- D. Continental collision
Câu 37: Mã câu hỏi: 33282
The word "evidence" in the last line is closest in meaning to _____.
- A. confirmation
- B. eventuality
- C. challenge
- D. exemplification
Câu 38: Mã câu hỏi: 33289
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
In many experience, freshmen today are different from those I knew when I started as a counselor and professor 2 years ago. College has always been demanding both academically and socially. But students now are less mature and often not ready for the reponsibility of being in college.
It is really too easy to point the finger at parents who protect their children from life’s obstacle. Parents, who handle every difficulty and every other responsibility for their children writing admission essays to picking college courses, certainly may contribute to their children’s lack of coping strategies. But we can look even more broadly to the social trends of today.
How many people do you know who are on medication to prevent anxiety or depression? The number of students who arrive at college already medicated for unwanted emotions has increased dramatically in the past 10 years. We, as a society, don’t want to “feel” anything unpleasant and we certainly don’t want our children to “suffer”.
The resulting problem is that by not experiencing negative emotions, one does not learn the necessary skills to tolerate and negotiate adversity. As a psychologist, I am well aware of the fact that some individuals suffer from depression and anxiety and can benefit from treatment, but I question the growing number of medicated adolescents today.
Our world is more stressful in general because of the current economic and political realities, but I don’t believe that the college experience itself is more intense today than that of the past 10 years. What I do think is that many students are often not prepared to be young “adults” with all the responsibilities of life.
What does this mean for college faculty and staff? We are required to assist in the basic parenting of these students – the student who complains that the professor didn’t remind her of the due date for an assignment that was clearly listed on the syllabus and the student who cheats on an assignment in spite of careful instructions about plagiarism.
As college professors, we have to explain what it means to be an independent college student before we can even begin to teach. As parents and teachers we should expect young people to meet challenges. To encourage them in this direction, we have to step back and let them fail and pick themselves up and move forward. This approach needs to begin at an early age so that college can actually be a passage to independent adulthood.
According to the writer, students today are different from those she knew in that they are ___________.
- A. not so academic
- B. too ready for college
- C. responsible for their work
- D. not as mature
Câu 39: Mã câu hỏi: 33293
The word “handle” in paragraph 2 mostly means ______.
- A. point at
- B. deal with
- C. gain benefits from
- D. lend a hand to
Câu 40: Mã câu hỏi: 33298
According to the writer, students’ difficulties to cope with college life are partly due to _________.
- A. the absence of parents’ protection
- B. the over – parenting from parents
- C. the lack of parental support
- D. the lack of financial support
Câu 41: Mã câu hỏi: 33300
The phrase “on medication” in paragraph 3 is similar in meaning to ___________.
- A. studying medicine at college
- B. receiving medical treatment
- C. suffering anxiety or depression
- D. doing medical research
Câu 42: Mã câu hỏi: 33301
Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
- A. Our world is more stressful because of the current economic and political situation.
- B. Our society certainly doesn’t want our children to experience unpleasant things.
- C. The college experience itself is more intense today than that of the past 10 years.
- D. College faculty and staff are required to help in the parenting of problematic students.
Câu 43: Mã câu hỏi: 33302
Students who are not well – prepared to be young “adults” with all the responsibilities of life will need ______.
- A. to be assigned more housework from adults
- B. to be encouraged to meet challenges
- C. daily coaching from their teachers
- D. to be given more social responsibilities
Câu 44: Mã câu hỏi: 33303
According to the writer, failure in life and less support from parents will ______.
- A. help students to learn to stand on their own feet
- B. defeat students from the very beginning
- C. allow students to learn the first lesson in their lives
- D. discourage students and let them down forever
Câu 45: Mã câu hỏi: 33304
What is probably the writer’s attitude in the passage?
- A. Indifferent
- B. Critical
- C. Praising
- D. Humorous
Câu 46: Mã câu hỏi: 33305
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
It was not until after I got home that I realized I had not set the burglar alarm in the office.
- A. I didn’t turn the burglar alarm on before I left the office, but I only became aware of this after I’d arrive home.
- B. On the way home, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to turn on the burglar alarm in the office.
- C. I wish I had realized before I arrived home that I hadn’t turn on the burglar alarm in the office, then it would have been easier to go and set it.
- D. Fortunately, I realized that I hadn’t set the burglar alarm just before I left for home; otherwise, I would have had to travel all the way back to the office.
Câu 47: Mã câu hỏi: 33306
Only with careful environmental planning can we protect the world in which we live.
- A. Planning the environment carefully, we can protect the world in which we live.
- B. Careful environmental planning protects the world we live in.
- C. We can protect the world we live in only with careful environment planning.
- D. Protecting the world we live in, we plan the environment carefully.
Câu 48: Mã câu hỏi: 33307
The warning was ignored. It was given to the players about their behavior on the pitch.
- A. The warning was ignored given the players about their behavior on the pitch.
- B. The warning giving to the players about their behavior on the pitch was ignored.
- C. The warning given to the players about their behavior on the pitch was ignored.
- D. The warning it was given to the players about their behavior on the pitch was ignored.
Câu 49: Mã câu hỏi: 33309
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
The plan may be ingenious. It will never work in practice.
- A. The plan is as impractical as it is ingenious.
- B. Ingenious as it may be, the plan will never work in practice.
- C. Ingenious as may the plan, it will never work in practice.
- D. The plan may be too ingenious to work in practice.
Câu 50: Mã câu hỏi: 33312
He held the rope with one hand. He stretched it out.
- A. Holding the rope with one hand, he stretched it out.
- B. Stretching the rope out, he holds it with one hand.
- C. He stretching the rope with one hand and held it.
- D. The rope is held with one hand then he stretched it out.