Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to
indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Early humans saw a variety of natural colours around them, from the browns and greens of the soil and plants to the deep blues and red of the sky. They painted their bodies with colours from nature to signal aggression toward an enemy, or to make themselves attractive to a mate.
A girl and a rainbow of crushed ice flavors at Chowpatty Beach, India. Over the centuries, the sources of colours such as blue, purple, and red were high valued and they were often worth as much as gold. In the 19th century, a young chemistry student manufactured the first synthetic dye, and suddenly the world became a much more colorful place. In the 20th century, scientists discovered the psychological effects of colours, and people found ways to use this discovery to influence our feelings and behaviors.
Red, colour of blood, symbolises fire, love and anger. In Eastern cultures, people believe it brings luck, wealth and success. In humans, the color red can send different messages. Some people redden, for example, when they are angry or embarrassed. Researchers have discovered that in sports the team that is wearing red is more likely to win. Why? Because red seems to be the color that signals dominance, giving those dressed in red an advantage in sporting events. In many animal species (including humans), contact with this bold color causes the heart rate to increase. However, one of red’s lighter shades, pink, can have the opposite effect on people. Man in prisons are less agressive when the walls are a specific shade of pink.
Yellow, the colour that comes to mind when we think of sunshine, is found throughout nature and the man-made world as a colour that commands attention; indeed, it is one of the easiest colours to see. This highly visible shade is found on everything from school buses to traffic signs and pens that we use to highlight important information in a text. The colour is also used to caution people; football players, for example, are shown a yellow card as a reminder to behave. It can be used as a stimulant as well: in a number of studies, yellow has been found to help children focus on their work and do better at school.
Blue, the colour of the sky and sea, is associated in many cultures with water, religious objects, and protection against evil. Its darker shades represent calm, stability and power. Dark blue, for example, is the colour of the business suit or police uniform; it tells others, ‘I am in control,’ or ‘I am trustworthy.’ Blue is also associated with sadness. It’s common in English, for example, when you are feeling sad or depressed, to talk about ‘feeling blue,’ while in Iran, blue is the colour of mourning, worn when a person dies. Like pink, blue has a calming effect on people. Rooms painted blue help people to relax or sleep. Sleeping pills are often coloured blue to suggest exactly this idea. This colour also seems to reduce feelings of hunger. Blue food is rarely seen in nature, and when it is, such food is usually no longer healthy to consume. It’s just one more example of the power that colour can hold over us.Câu hỏi:
According to the pasage, the colour red______.
- A. is believed to embarrass people
- B. gives an advantage to team members who wear it
- C. symbolises bad luck
- D. makes people less aggressive
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Đáp án B
Kiến thức: Đọc hiểu
Theo đoạn văn, màu đỏ
A. được tin rằng làm cho người ta xấu hổ
B. mang lại lợi thế cho các thành viên trong nhóm mặc nó
C. tượng trưng cho sự không may mắn
D. làm cho người ta ít hăng hái
Thông tin: Researchers have discovered that in sports the team that is wearing red is more likely to win. Why? Because red seems to be the color that signals dominance, giving those dressed in red an advantage in sporting events.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Halley’s comet, viewing through a telescope, was quite impressive.
- There are a car and two vans in front of my house.
- All her children have graduated from university, that is the reason for her to be proud.
- The more you practise your English, _______.
- Mrs. Brown was the first owner _______ dog won 3 prizes in the same show.
- If she _______ a car, she would go out in the evening.
- You are old enough. I think it is high time you applied _______ a job.
- Because of the_______ of hospital employees at the hospital, the head of administration began advertising job openings in the newspaper.
- Friendship is a two-sided_______ , it lives by give-and-take.
- Do you _______ your new roommate, or do you two argue?”
- The majority of Asian students reject the American _______ that marriage is a partnership of equals.
- Bob has a bad lung cancer and his doctor has advised him to _______ smoking.
- According to FAO, Vietnam is _______ second largest coffee producer in the world after Brazil.
- When she came home from school yesterday, her mother _______ in the kitchen.
- We were made _______ hard when we were at school.
- – Kate: “How lovely your cats are.” – David: “ ___________ .”
- – Geogre: In my opinion, action films are exciting.” – Frankie: ________ .”
- Edwards seems like a dog with two tails this morning.” – Haven’t you hear the news? His wife gave birth a baby boy early this morning.”
- The whole village was wiped out in the bombing raids.
- The president expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
- Ann has always made good in everything she has done.
- It was nice of you to give me the present. Thank you.” Mary said to Helen.
- We last went to that cinema 2 months ago.
- In spite of his poverty, he led a devoted life to the revolutionary cause.
- The song says about the love of two young students. She is studying the song.
- He didn’t hurry. Therefore, he missed the plane.
- The passage is mainly about________
- The four boys of the Beatles
- The word 'sensational” is closest in meaning to
- The first songs of the Beatles were_________
- What is not true about the Beatles?
- The Beatles stopped their live performances because
- The word 'they” is closest in meaning to
- What word might describes the attitudes of the writer?
- According to the pasage, the colour red______.
- Yellow is used to highlight information in a text because
- What is this text mainly about?
- The word “they” refers to
- What are English speakers refering to when they talk about feeling blue”?
- The first man-made colors were produced.
- The phrase 'this idea” refers to _____________.