Circle the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following sentences.Câu hỏi:
When we were children we were very close, but as we grew up we just drifted apart.
- A. became less hospitable
- B. became less generous
- C. became less friendly
- D. became less serious
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
Đáp án C
Kiến thức: Từ vựng, từ đồng nghĩa
drift apart: xa cách, ít gần gũi thân thiết
became less hospitable: trở nên ít hiếu khách hơn
became less generous: trở nên ít hào phóng hơn
became less friendly: trở nên ít thân thiết hơn
became less serious: trở nên ít nghiêm trọng hơn
=> drift apart = became less friendly
Tạm dịch: Khi chúng tôi còn nhỏ chúng tôi đã rất thân nhau, nhưng khi chúng tôi lớn lên, chúng tôi đã ít thân hơn.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The boy waved his hands to his mother, who was standing at the school gate, to_________her attention.
- A(n) _________child means a child who behaves badly and saddens his parents.
- They agree that a wife should maintain her _________ and appearance after marriage.
- He rose from his chair and _________ her warmly.
- David has just sold his _________ car and intends to buy a new one.
- Christopher Columbus _________ America more than 500 years ago.
- Joe has stopped _________ football. He thinks he’s too old.
- The people _________ live in this town are very friendly.
- Fee-paying schools are often called 'independent schools', 'private schools' or '___________ schools'.
- More and more investors are pouring _________ money into food and beverage start-ups.
- The trees _________.
- The academic year in England is _________ 3 terms.
- - David: 'Good morning, Mr.Deakin. How are you?' - Mr. Deakin: '__________. And you?'
- - Anna: Congratulations! You did great. - Susan: _________________.
- When we were children we were very close, but as we grew up we just drifted apart.
- The student service centre will try their best to assist students in finding a suitable part-time job.
- Sorry, I can’t come to your party. I am snowed under with work at the moment.
- He found the course difficult so he had to spend most of his time on study.
- What does the passage mainly discuss?
- The word
- According to paragraph 1, women died even sooner than men because of __________.
- According to paragraph 2, richer girls were more likely to __________.
- The author mentions all of the following in the passage EXCEPT __________.
- The word 'bridegroom' in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to __________.
- The phrase 'let go of' in paragraph 3 mostly means __________.
- According to the passage, 42 is ______.
- The word them in the paragraph 2 refers to
- The author mentions 'to design a website or a computer game' in paragraph 2 to illustrate.
- According to Ms Bir, 42’s graduates will be able to improve ______.
- What do 42’s graduates receive on completion of their course?
- Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
- The word 'notorious' in paragraph 5 can be best replaced by __________.
- It can be inferred from the passage that ______.
- Mr. Ha is very interested in working as a teacher because he enjoy teaching children.
- Many living organisms depend largely on the environment for the satisfaction of its needs.
- Her fiancé is said to graduate from Harvard University five years ago.
- 'It’s nice of you to put me up for the night. Thank you,” Jane said to Mrs. Brown.
- Somebody will call Mr. Watson tonight.
- David last visited Paris five years ago.
- My mother is good at dancing. My father is bad at it.
- Joe does a lot of exercise. He’s still very fat.