Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.Câu hỏi:
After many years of unsuccessfully endeavoring to form his own orchestra, Glenn Miller finally achieved world fame in 1939 as a big band leader.
- A. offering
- B. deciding
- C. requesting
- D. trying
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Đáp án D
Kiến thức: Từ vựng, từ đồng nghĩa
endeavor (v): cố gắng, cố
offer (v): đề nghị decide (v): quyết định
request (v): thỉnh cầu, yêu cầu try (v): cố gắng
=> endeavor = try
Tạm dịch: Sau nhiều năm nỗ lực thành lập dàn nhạc riêng không thành công, Glenn Miller cuối cùng đã nổi tiếng thế giới vào năm 1939 với tư cách là đội trưởng của một ban nhạc lớn.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The world work is developing very quickly. If you don’t self-learn continuously, we will not_____social movements.
- She ______ on her computer for more than two hours when she decided to stop for a rest.
- The teacher recommended that Tom_____his composition as soon as possible.
- He has been waiting for this letter for days, and at_______it has come.
- I’m sorry I haven’t got any money. I’ve______my wallet at home.
- There’s a list of repairs as long as_______.
- I tried to talk to her, but she was as high as a______.
- Not only______to determine the depth of the ocean floor, but it is also used to locate oil.
- ______advised on what and how to prepare for the interview, he might have got the job.
- Determining the mineral content of soil samples is an exacting process; ______,experts must perform detail tests to analyze soil specimens.
- John lost the______bicycle he bought last week and his parents were very angry with him because.
- The jury_____her compliments______her excellent knowledge of the subject.
- Miranda still has trauma from the tragic accident, that took away her closest friend.
- The office furniture that was ordered last month have just arrived, but we’re not sure whether the manager likes it.
- Don’t go up to your hotel room because the maid is making the beds, cleaning the bathroom, and vacuum the carpet.
- After many years of unsuccessfully endeavoring to form his own orchestra, Glenn Miller finally achieved world fame in 1939 as a big band leader.
- My uncle, who is an accomplished guitarist, taught me how to play.
- The Red Cross is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to reducing the sufferings of wounded soldiers, civilians and prisoners of war.
- They are launching a campaign to promote awareness of environmental issues.
- – I passed the TOEFL test, Mom.” – _______.”
- - Roger: Wow! You look terrific in that new dress!” - Tina: ________”
- When the unemployment rale is high, the crime rate is usually also high.
- You will get a rise in salary after six months.
- The captain said to his men: Abandon the ship immediately!”
- Mr.Smith is a professor. His car was stolen yesterday.
- I never received the letter. It was sent to the wrong address.
- The word ‘indigenous’ in paragraph 5 is closest in meaning to
- Which of the following does Chris Parrott believe?
- In the first paragraph we learn that Discovery Initiatives
- Which of the following best summarizes the view of Earthwatch?
- The word ‘courtesy’ in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to
- What does Matthews say in paragraph 3 about cameras and camcorders?
- What is Matthews keen for clients to realize?
- What does the passage mainly discuss?
- The word 'critical” is closest in meaning to
- The author mentions the extinction of the dinosaurs in the 2nd paragraph to emphasize that
- The word 'jolting” is closest in meaning to
- The author mentions all of the following as examples of the effect of humans on the world’s ecosystems EXCEPT
- With which of the following statements would the author be most likely to agree?