Why did the author write the passage?
- A. to outline the career of a famous American
- B. because of his fame as America’s favorite short story writer
- C. because it is a tragic story of a gifted writer
- D. to outline the influences on O. Henry’s writing
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: A
Đáp án A
Kiến thức: đọc hiểu
Tạm dịch: Tại sao tác giả viết đoạn văn này?
A. để phác thảo sự nghiệp của một người Mỹ nổi tiếng
B. bởi vì danh tiếng của ông như là tác giả truyện ngắn yêu thích của Mỹ
C. bởi vì đó là một câu chuyện bi thảm của một nhà văn tài năng
D. để phác hoạ các ảnh hưởng trong lối viết của O. Henry
Giải thích: Đoạn văn nêu lên các mốc thời gian trong sự nghiệp của O.HenryADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- I __________the garden. No sooner had I finished watering it than it came down in torrents.
- A true relationship is thought to be a friendship that may__________through changes in the lives of the friends.
- I’m not going to go ice skating! I’d only fall over and __________ a fool of myself.
- Silence __________ the theatre as the audience awaited the opening curtain with expectation and excitement.
- The scientists __________on this project try to find the solutions to air pollution.
- If Nam had passed the GCSE examination, he __________to take the entrance examination to the university.
- When the kids asked him about his girlfriend, he’d go as red as a __________.
- My brothers are often very __________to what I say. They are really lovable.
- I must warn you I am not used to __________so rudely
- He is tired now. He __________the gardening for hours.
- Let me explain everything to you, __________?
- The trouble with James is that he never __________on time for a meeting.
- As orders are becoming more and more, we’ve been rushed off our feet all week.
- The atomic bomb annihilated the whole city, so nothing was left standing.
- The minister came under fire for his rash decision to close the factory.
- Those who advocate for doctor-assisted suicide say the terminally ill should not have to suffer.
- Mr. Collin is speaking to his student, Brian.Mr. Collin: You’ve been making very good progress. I’m proud of you!” Brian: ___________”
- Peter: Could you fill it up, please?” Ivan: __________”
- People say that at least ten applicants have been selected for the job interview.
- Eating with chopsticks feels strange to Jonathan.
- Why don’t you have your room repainted?” said Robert to Lan.
- In your country, schools are open to all. The accept children of any race, color or creed.
- He felt very tired. He was determined to continue to climb up the mountain.
- Thomas refused to join the school basketball team, this was not good news at all.
- I am now in my attempt winning a place at the same university to my brother.
- However type of raw materials is used in making paper, the process is essentially the same.
- According to the passage, Porter’s Father was ___________.
- Why did the author write the passage?
- The word imprisonment” in paragraph 2 is closet in meaning to _________.
- What is the passage primarily about?
- The author implies which of the following is true?
- Which of the following is true, according to the passage?
- The word pseudonym” in the passage refers to ___________.
- Which of the followings is true about the job of the freelance writers?
- The word vary” in paragraph 6 can be best replaced by ___________.
- It can be inferred from the passage that ___________.
- According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE of webmasters?
- What is the purpose of the passage?
- According to the passage, all of the followings are TRUE except ___________.
- Which of the followings is not mentioned as part of the new media”?
- The word identify” in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to___________.