Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Contrary to popular belief, one does not have to be a trained programmer to work online. Of course, there are plenty of jobs available for people with high-tech computer skills, but the growth of new media has opened up a wide range of Internet career opportunities requiring only a minimal level of technical expertise. Probably one of the most well-known online job opportunities is the job of Webmaster. However, it is hard to define one basic job description for this position. The qualifications and responsibilities depend on what tasks a particular organization needs a Webmaster to perform.
To specify the job description of a Webmaster, one needs to identify the hardware and software the website the Webmaster will manage is running on. Different types of hardware and software require different skill sets to manage them. Another key factor is whether the website will be running internally or externally (renting shared space on the company servers). Finally, the responsibilities of a webmaster also depend on whether he or she will be working independently, or whether the firm will provide people to help. All of these factors need to be considered before one can create an accurate webmaster job description.
Webmaster is one type of Internet career requiring in-depth knowledge of the latest computer applications. However, there are also online jobs available for which traditional skills remain in high demand. Content jobs require excellent writing skills and a good sense of the web as a “new media’.
The term “new media” is difficult to define because it compasses a constantly growing set of new technologies and skills. Specifically, it includes websites, email, internet technology, CD-ROM, DVD, streaming audio and video, interactive multimedia presentations, e-books, digital music, computer illustration, video games, virtual reality, and computer artistry.
Additionally, many of today’s Internet careers are becoming paid-by-the-job professions. With many companies having to downsize in tough economic items, the outsourcing and contracting of freelance workers online has become common business practice. The Internet provides an infinite pool of buyers from around the world with whom freelancers can contract their services. An added benefit to such online jobs is that freelancers are able to work on projects with companies outside their own country.
How much can a person make in these kinds of careers? As with many questions related to today’s evolving technology, there is no simple answer. There are many companies willing to pay people with Internet skills salaries well over $70,000 a year. Generally, webmasters start at about $30,000 per year, but salaries can vary greatly. Freelance writers working online have been known to make between $40,000 to $70,000 a year.Câu hỏi:
Which of the followings is true about the job of the freelance writers?
- A. They may work with others in the company.
- B. It is considered a “content” job.
- C. They manage hardware and software.
- D. They require in-depth knowledge of applications.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Đáp án B
Kiến thức: đọc hiểu
Tạm dịch: Điều nào sau đây là đúng về công việc của các nhà văn tự do?
A. Họ có thể làm việc với những người khác trong công ty.
B. Nó được coi là một công việc "nội dung".
C. Họ quản lý phần cứng và phần mềm.
D. Họ yêu cầu kiến thức chuyên sâu về các ứng dụng.
Thông tin: Content jobs require excellent writing skills and a good sense of the web as a “new media’.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- I __________the garden. No sooner had I finished watering it than it came down in torrents.
- A true relationship is thought to be a friendship that may__________through changes in the lives of the friends.
- I’m not going to go ice skating! I’d only fall over and __________ a fool of myself.
- Silence __________ the theatre as the audience awaited the opening curtain with expectation and excitement.
- The scientists __________on this project try to find the solutions to air pollution.
- If Nam had passed the GCSE examination, he __________to take the entrance examination to the university.
- When the kids asked him about his girlfriend, he’d go as red as a __________.
- My brothers are often very __________to what I say. They are really lovable.
- I must warn you I am not used to __________so rudely
- He is tired now. He __________the gardening for hours.
- Let me explain everything to you, __________?
- The trouble with James is that he never __________on time for a meeting.
- As orders are becoming more and more, we’ve been rushed off our feet all week.
- The atomic bomb annihilated the whole city, so nothing was left standing.
- The minister came under fire for his rash decision to close the factory.
- Those who advocate for doctor-assisted suicide say the terminally ill should not have to suffer.
- Mr. Collin is speaking to his student, Brian.Mr. Collin: You’ve been making very good progress. I’m proud of you!” Brian: ___________”
- Peter: Could you fill it up, please?” Ivan: __________”
- People say that at least ten applicants have been selected for the job interview.
- Eating with chopsticks feels strange to Jonathan.
- Why don’t you have your room repainted?” said Robert to Lan.
- In your country, schools are open to all. The accept children of any race, color or creed.
- He felt very tired. He was determined to continue to climb up the mountain.
- Thomas refused to join the school basketball team, this was not good news at all.
- I am now in my attempt winning a place at the same university to my brother.
- However type of raw materials is used in making paper, the process is essentially the same.
- According to the passage, Porter’s Father was ___________.
- Why did the author write the passage?
- The word imprisonment” in paragraph 2 is closet in meaning to _________.
- What is the passage primarily about?
- The author implies which of the following is true?
- Which of the following is true, according to the passage?
- The word pseudonym” in the passage refers to ___________.
- Which of the followings is true about the job of the freelance writers?
- The word vary” in paragraph 6 can be best replaced by ___________.
- It can be inferred from the passage that ___________.
- According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE of webmasters?
- What is the purpose of the passage?
- According to the passage, all of the followings are TRUE except ___________.
- Which of the followings is not mentioned as part of the new media”?
- The word identify” in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to___________.