Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 43 to 50.
During the nineteenth century, women in the United States organized and participated in a large number of reform movements, including movements to reorganize the prison system, improve education, ban the sale of alcohol, grant rights to people who were denied them, and, most importantly, free slaves. Some women saw similarities in the social status of women and slaves. Women like Elizabeth Candy Stanton and Lucy Stone were feminists and abolitionists who supported the rights of both women and blacks. A number of male abolitionists, including William Lloyd Garrison and Wendell Phillips, also supported the rights of women to speak and to participate equally with men in antislavery activities. Probably more than any other movement, abolitionism offered women a previously denied entry into politics. They became involved primarily in order to better their living conditions and improve the conditions of others.
When the civil war ended in 1865, the Fourteen and Fifteen Amendments to the Constitution adopted in1868 and 1870 granted citizenship and suffrage to blacks but not to women. Discouraged but resolved, feminists worked tirelessly to influence more and more women to demand the right to vote. In 1869, the Wyoming territory had yielded to demands by feminists, but the states on the East Coast resisted more stubbornly than before. A women’s suffrage bill had been presented to every Congress since 1878, but it continually failed to pass until 1920, when the Nineteenth Amendment granted women the right to vote.Câu hỏi:
With what topics is the passage primarily concerned?
- A. The Wyoming Territory
- B. The Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments
- C. Abolitionists
- D. Women’s suffrage
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Chủ đề mà đoạn văn đặc biệt quan tâm đến là quyền lợi bầu cử của phụ nữ. đáp án D. women’s suffrage (quyền bầu cử của phụ nữ)ADSENSE
Mã câu hỏi: 39207
Loại bài: Bài tập
Môn học: Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- These exercises look easy, but they are very relatively difficult for us.
- The sun releases large amounts of energetic every day.
- Life began on our planet about 3,500 million years before.
- Kay: I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” John: _______”
- Lucy: You look really nice in that red sweater!” Sue : _______”
- The lost hikers stayed alive by eating wild berries and drinking spring water.
- Everything was in a thorough mess.
- Henry has found a temporary job in a factory.
- Why are you being so arrogant?
- Sam speaks Chinese well and his Japanese is good, too.
- It’s a bad line. Do you want me to give you a ring later?
- Had she read the reference books, she would have been able to finish the test.
- We’d better leave them a note. It’s possible they’ll arrive later.
- She prefers going to the library to staying at home.
- Deborah is going to take extra lessons to ___ what she missed when she was away.
- My class has three……...taking part in this year’s competition.
- In spite of her abilities, Laura has been _____ overlooked for promotion.
- This is the school………I used to study.
- Don’t ________ the kettle; it’s still hot.
- Policemen are sometimes on ________ at night.
- George won five medals at the competition. His parents ____very proud of him.
- I’d rather you …………..a noise last night; I couldn’t get to sleep.
- This is the third time James ________ the volunteer program to the village.
- The higher the content of carbon dioxide in the air is,_____.
- By the time you got her letter, she………………in Paris.
- …….you help me to send this document to my office by fax?
- What aspect of computer animation does the passage mainly discuss?
- According to the passage, in computer- assisted animation the role of the computer is to draw the…………..
- The word they” in the second paragraph refers to………………….
- According to the passage, the frame buffers mentioned in the third paragraph are used to…………..
- According to the passage, the positions and colors of the figures in high- tech animation are determined by…………
- The word capture” in the fourth paragraph is closest in meaning to………
- According to the passage, how do computer- animation companies often test motion?
- With what topics is the passage primarily concerned?
- The word ban” in line 3 most nearly means to…………….
- The word supported” in line 6 could best be replaced by…………..
- According the passage, why did women become active in politics?
- What had occurred shortly after the Civil War?
- What does the nineteenth Amendment guarantee?
- The word it” in line 17 refers to……………
- When were women allowed to vote throughout the United States?