Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question
In Britain, children are required to be in full-time education between the ages of 5 and 16. Different areas of Britain have different school systems. In some areas, children receive their primary education at an infant school and then a junior school, or at a primary school that combines the two. At about 11 they begin their secondary education at a comprehensive school, a grammar school or a high school. In other areas children go to a first school at age 5, a middle school at 8 and an upper school from 13 onwards.
Most children go to state schools. Until 1988 these were all responsible to a Local Education Authority (LEA). LEAs obtain their funding from central government and the council tax. In 1988 secondary schools and larger primary schools were encouraged to opt out of LEA control and become grant-maintained.
Some children go to independent school run by private organizations, for which their parents have to pay fees. A few go to public schools, such as Eton and Harrow. Younger children may attend a private preparatory school until the age of 13. Some parents may send their children to private schools, even if this is against their principles, because they think that their children will receive a better education.
The British education system aims to educate the whole person, so that each child develops his or her personality as well as gaining academic knowledge. Most primary and secondary schools offer a range of extra-curricular activities,· including sports, music, community service and trips to places of interest. Secondary schools also give careers advice and help student to prepare for having a job by arranging short periods of work experience with local businesses.Câu hỏi:
According to the passage, English children__________.
- A. start their compulsory education at the age of 5
- B. are required to go on to comprehensive schools
- C. don't go to nursery schools
- D. receive different school education
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: AADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Education is ……….a subject that the whole society cares about deeply.
- The parents had been warned (again and again) = _______ about their son’s misbehavior.
- Vietnamese students have to take an ……….exam to go to a college or university.
- The work ……by the time you ……here.
- Did Bob take the test ?” Yes, and …………….., he passed it easily”.
- Keeping calm is the secret of passing the driving test.
- The little girl wouldn’t go on the trip ……her father went, too.
- What exactly …………… when I came into your office yesterday?
- He was_____ in his final attempt. What a pity for him!
- They travelled across India and then flew on to Japan.
- They…….the refrigerator for fifteen years.
- He was the only ________ that was offered the job.
- Ken…………….anything about machines.
- ……I ask him for the money he owes me, he says he will bring it in a few days, but I don’t think he has got it at all.
- Application ………admission will not be processed without a high school diploma.
- If he knew the facts, he ………..us what to do.
- Most discipline problems caused by students start ……… their families.
- Students_____________ to participate in the after school activities.
- If / our school / access / the Internet / we / learn / better.
- More colleges / universities / recently/ help / students prepare / having a job.
- higher / rank / the person facing you/ lower you bow.
- I / regret / not / study / enough / pass / final exam
- Peter said / he / me he / stop / smoke.
- However / there / several certain difficulties / most students / study / abroad have to encounter.
- Works wrote by Vladimir Nabokov often contain heroes and heroines who have lived in many places
- If you had tried harder, you might succeed in the examination last month.
- Stuart stopped to write his letter because he had to leave for the hospital.
- Watching a film, especially an education one, helps broaden our knowledge.
- According to the passage, English children__________.
- Since 1988, state schools _________ .
- Some people believe _________.
- What is the purpose of the British education system?