Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
After two decades of growing student enrollments and economic prosperity, business schools in the United States have started to face harder times. Only Harvard's MBA School has shown a substantial increase in enrollment in recent years. Both Princeton and Stanford have seen decreases in their enrollments. Since 1990, the number of people receiving Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degrees, has dropped about 3 percent to 75,000, and the trend of lower enrollment rates is expected to continue.
There are two factors causing this decrease in students seeking an MBA degree. The first one is that many graduates of four-year colleges are finding that an MBA degree does not guarantee a plush job on Wall Street, or in other financial districts of major American cities. Many of the entry-level management jobs are going to students graduating with Master of Arts degrees in English and the humanities as well as those holding MBA degrees. Students have asked the question, "Is an MBA degree really what I need to be best prepared for getting a good job?" The second major factor has been the cutting of American payrolls and the lower number of entry-level jobs being offered. Business needs are changing, and MBA schools are struggling to meet the new demands.Câu hỏi:
What is the main focus of this passage?
- A. jobs on Wall Street
- B. types of graduate degrees
- C. changes in enrollment for MBA school
- D. how schools are changing to reflect the economy
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
Chọn đáp án C
Trọng tâm chính của bài đọc là gì?
A. công việc ở phố Wall
B. các loại bằng tốt nghiệp
C. thay đổi trong tuyển sinh cho các trường MBA
D. cách trường học thay đổi để phản ánh nền kinh tế
Đáp án C
Dựa vào câu đầu của các đoạn:
Đoạn 1: "After two decades of growing student enrollments and economic prosperity, business schools in the United States have started to face harder times." (Sau hai thập niên gia tăng số sinh viên nhập học và sự thịnh vượng kinh tế, các trường kinh doanh ở Hoa Kỳ đã bắt đầu phải đối mặt với thời gian khó khăn hơn.)
Đoạn 2: "There are two factors causing this decrease in students seeking an MBA degree." (Có hai yếu tố gây ra sự sụt giảm này trong sinh viên tìm kiếm bằng MBA.)
=> bài đọc nói về"changes in enrollment for MBA schools"ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- It takes me 15 minutes to get ready.
- Few businesses are flourishing in the present economic climate.
- According to paragraph 1, the author of the passage argues that _______
- The word doubtless” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- According to the passage, writing _______ .
- In order to show that learning to write requires effort, the author gives the example of _______ .
- The word 'acquire” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- The word 'disparage” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- In the authors judgment _______ .
- According to the author, one mark of a civilized society is that if _______ .
- What is the main focus of this passage?
- The phrase 'two decades' in line 1 referes to a period of _________.
- The word 'prosperity' in line 1 could be best replaced by which of the following?
- Which of the following business schools has NOT shown a decrease in enrollment?
- As used in paragraph 2, the word 'seeking' could best be replaced by which of the following?
- According to the passage, what are two causes of declining business school enrollments?
- Which of the following might be the topic of the next paragraph?
- We left New York when I was six, so my recollections of it are rather faint.
- I can’t stand people who treat animals cruelly.
- Because the highway system was built 40 years ago , most of the roads now need to repair.
- Pointing in someone is usually considered impolite but it is acceptable when a teacher wants to get someone’s attention in class.
- It is vitally important that she takes this medication night and morning.
- If it hadn’t been for his carelessness, we would have finished the work.
- Neil always forgets his wife’s birthday.
- 'I'll drop you from the team if you dont train harder,” said the captain to John.
- He was exhausted after a long trip. However, he helped me to repair my broken chair.
- She wasn’t wearing a seat-belt. She was injured.
- - Jack: Excuse me, but could I trouble you for some change?”- Alex: _______ . Will pennies do?”
- - Waiter: May I take your order now, sir?”- Mr. Smith: _______ .”
- Children who are isolated and lonely seem to have poor language and _______
- He managed to win the race _______ hurting his foot before the race.
- Only when you become a real parent _______ the real responsibility.
- Mrs. Pike was so angry that she made a______ gesture at the driver.
- By the end of the 21st century, scientists _______ a cure for the common cold.
- Why are you still here? You _______ been helping Dianne in the yard.
- More than ten victims _______ missing in the severe storm last week.
- The greater the demand, _______ the price.
- A lot of different conservation efforts have been made to _______ endangered species.
- This woman has _______ her whole life to helping others.
- He asked me _______.
- _______ ten minutes earlier, you would have got a better seat.