The word “doubtless” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- A. “almost uncertainly”
- B. “almost certainly”
- C. “almost impossibly”
- D. “almost doubtly”
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Chọn đáp án B
Từ "doubtless" trong bài đọc gần như có nghĩa là ______
A. “almost uncertainly”: gần như không chắc chắn
B. “almost certainly”: gần như chắc chắn
C. “almost impossibly”: gần như là không thể
D. “almost doubtly”: gần như nghi ngờ
doubtless: không nghi ngờ gì ~ “almost certainly”: gần như chắc chắn
Dịch nghĩa: Con người đã viết trong ít nhất 5000 năm; nhưng họ đã nói chuyện lâu hơn, không nghi ngờ gì cả kể từ khi có con người.ADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- It takes me 15 minutes to get ready.
- Few businesses are flourishing in the present economic climate.
- According to paragraph 1, the author of the passage argues that _______
- The word doubtless” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- According to the passage, writing _______ .
- In order to show that learning to write requires effort, the author gives the example of _______ .
- The word 'acquire” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- The word 'disparage” in the passage mostly means _______ .
- In the authors judgment _______ .
- According to the author, one mark of a civilized society is that if _______ .
- What is the main focus of this passage?
- The phrase 'two decades' in line 1 referes to a period of _________.
- The word 'prosperity' in line 1 could be best replaced by which of the following?
- Which of the following business schools has NOT shown a decrease in enrollment?
- As used in paragraph 2, the word 'seeking' could best be replaced by which of the following?
- According to the passage, what are two causes of declining business school enrollments?
- Which of the following might be the topic of the next paragraph?
- We left New York when I was six, so my recollections of it are rather faint.
- I can’t stand people who treat animals cruelly.
- Because the highway system was built 40 years ago , most of the roads now need to repair.
- Pointing in someone is usually considered impolite but it is acceptable when a teacher wants to get someone’s attention in class.
- It is vitally important that she takes this medication night and morning.
- If it hadn’t been for his carelessness, we would have finished the work.
- Neil always forgets his wife’s birthday.
- 'I'll drop you from the team if you dont train harder,” said the captain to John.
- He was exhausted after a long trip. However, he helped me to repair my broken chair.
- She wasn’t wearing a seat-belt. She was injured.
- - Jack: Excuse me, but could I trouble you for some change?”- Alex: _______ . Will pennies do?”
- - Waiter: May I take your order now, sir?”- Mr. Smith: _______ .”
- Children who are isolated and lonely seem to have poor language and _______
- He managed to win the race _______ hurting his foot before the race.
- Only when you become a real parent _______ the real responsibility.
- Mrs. Pike was so angry that she made a______ gesture at the driver.
- By the end of the 21st century, scientists _______ a cure for the common cold.
- Why are you still here? You _______ been helping Dianne in the yard.
- More than ten victims _______ missing in the severe storm last week.
- The greater the demand, _______ the price.
- A lot of different conservation efforts have been made to _______ endangered species.
- This woman has _______ her whole life to helping others.
- He asked me _______.
- _______ ten minutes earlier, you would have got a better seat.