Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (40 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 20603
Choose A, B, C or D that best completes each unfinished sentences, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
Education is ……….a subject that the whole society cares about deeply.
- A. admittedly
- B. allegedly
- C. expectedly
- D. repeatedly
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 20604
The parents had been warned (again and again) = _______ about their son’s misbehavior.
- A. allegedly
- B. decidedly
- C. markedly
- D. repeatedly
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 20606
Vietnamese students have to take an ……….exam to go to a college or university.
- A. entrance
- B. application
- C. institution
- D. education
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 20608
The work ……by the time you ……here.
- A. will have been done/ will get
- B. had done/ got
- C. will have been done/ get
- D. had been done/ were got
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 20610
“Did Bob take the test ?” “Yes, and …………….., he passed it easily”.
- A. surprisingly
- B. surprised
- C. surprising
- D. surprise
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 20612
Keeping calm is the secret of passing the driving test.
- A. Keep calm or you will pass the driving test.
- B. As long as you keep calm, you will pass the writing test.
- C. Unless you keep calm, you will pass the writing test.
- D. If you keep calm, you won’t pass the writing test.
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 20614
The little girl wouldn’t go on the trip ……her father went, too.
- A. unless
- B. also
- C. but
- D. except
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 20617
What exactly …………… when I came into your office yesterday?
- A. did you do
- B. were you do
- C. were you doing
- D. are you doing
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 20618
He was_____ in his final attempt. What a pity for him!
- A. unsuccessful
- B. successful
- C. success
- D. successive
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 20620
They travelled across India and then flew on to Japan.
- A. Before travelling across India, they flew on to Japan.
- B. After they had travelled across India , they flew on to Japan.
- C. As soon as they flew on to Japan , they travelled across India.
- D. They travelled across India as soon as they flew on to Japan.
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 20623
They…….the refrigerator for fifteen years.
- A. used
- B. have used
- C. are using
- D. use
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 20624
He was the only ________ that was offered the job.
- A. apply
- B. application
- C. applicant
- D. applying
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 20626
Ken…………….anything about machines.
- A. isn’t knowing
- B. isn’t know
- C. doesn’t know
- D. haven’t known
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 20627
……I ask him for the money he owes me, he says he will bring it in a few days, but I don’t think he has got it at all.
- A. However
- B. Whenever
- C. Whatever
- D. Wherever
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 20628
Application ………admission will not be processed without a high school diploma.
- A. about
- B. to
- C. for
- D. with
Câu 16: Mã câu hỏi: 20629
If he knew the facts, he ………..us what to do.
- A. will tell
- B. would tell
- C. tells
- D. told
Câu 17: Mã câu hỏi: 20630
Most discipline problems caused by students start ……… their families.
- A. at
- B. with
- C. in
- D. from
Câu 18: Mã câu hỏi: 20632
Students_____________ to participate in the after school activities.
- A. encourage
- B. is encouraged
- C. are encouraged
- D. encouraged
Câu 19: Mã câu hỏi: 20635
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the words given
If / our school / access / the Internet / we / learn / better.
- A. If our school has access to the Internet, we will learn much better.
- B. If we will learn much better, our school has access to the Internet.
- C. If our school has much access, we will learn better to the Internet.
- D. If we will learn better to the Internet, our school has much access.
Câu 20: Mã câu hỏi: 20638
More colleges / universities / recently/ help / students prepare / having a job.
- A. More colleges and universities have recently helped students prepare for having a job.
- B. More colleges and universities has recently helped students prepare for having a job.
- C. More colleges and universities have recently helped students preparing for having a job.
- D. More colleges and universities have recently helped students prepare in having a job.
Câu 21: Mã câu hỏi: 20640
higher / rank / the person facing you/ lower you bow.
- A. The higher the rank of the person facing you, the lower you bow.
- B. The rank of the person facing you the higher, you bow the lower.
- C. The higher facing you the rank of the person, you lower the bow.
- D. The higher you facing the rank of the person, the lower you bow.
Câu 22: Mã câu hỏi: 20641
I / regret / not / study / enough / pass / final exam
- A. I had not studied hard enough and I passed the final exam.
- B. I regret not studying enough hard to pass the final exam.
- C. I regret not studying hard enough passing the final exam.
- D. I regret not studying hard enough to pass the final exam.
Câu 23: Mã câu hỏi: 20643
Peter said / he / me he / stop / smoke.
- A. Peter said if he were me he would stopped smoking.
- B. Peter said if he were me he will stop smoking.
- C. Peter says if he were me he would stop smoking.
- D. Peter said if he were me he would stop smoking.
Câu 24: Mã câu hỏi: 20644
However / there / several certain difficulties / most students / study / abroad have to encounter.
- A. However, there is several certain difficulties that most students studying abroad has to encounter.
- B. However, there are several certain difficulties that most students study abroad has to encounter.
- C. However, there are several certain difficulties that most students studying abroad have to encounter.
- D. However, there were several certain difficulties the most students studying abroad have to encounter.
Câu 25: Mã câu hỏi: 20646
There is a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence. Find the mistake (A, B, C, or D)
Works wrote by Vladimir Nabokov often contain heroes and heroines who have lived in many places.
- A. wrote
- B. often
- C. who
- D. have lived
Câu 26: Mã câu hỏi: 20648
If you had tried harder, you might succeed in the examination last month.
- A. If
- B. had tried
- C. harder
- D. might succeed
Câu 27: Mã câu hỏi: 20649
Stuart stopped to write his letter because he had to leave for the hospital.
- A. to write
- B. because
- C. leave
- D. for the hospital
Câu 28: Mã câu hỏi: 20650
Watching a film, especially an education one, helps broaden our knowledge.
- A. Watching
- B. especially
- C. education
- D. broaden
Câu 29: Mã câu hỏi: 20653
Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question
In Britain, children are required to be in full-time education between the ages of 5 and 16. Different areas of Britain have different school systems. In some areas, children receive their primary education at an infant school and then a junior school, or at a primary school that combines the two. At about 11 they begin their secondary education at a comprehensive school, a grammar school or a high school. In other areas children go to a first school at age 5, a middle school at 8 and an upper school from 13 onwards.
Most children go to state schools. Until 1988 these were all responsible to a Local Education Authority (LEA). LEAs obtain their funding from central government and the council tax. In 1988 secondary schools and larger primary schools were encouraged to opt out of LEA control and become grant-maintained.
Some children go to independent school run by private organizations, for which their parents have to pay fees. A few go to public schools, such as Eton and Harrow. Younger children may attend a private preparatory school until the age of 13. Some parents may send their children to private schools, even if this is against their principles, because they think that their children will receive a better education.
The British education system aims to educate the whole person, so that each child develops his or her personality as well as gaining academic knowledge. Most primary and secondary schools offer a range of extra-curricular activities,· including sports, music, community service and trips to places of interest. Secondary schools also give careers advice and help student to prepare for having a job by arranging short periods of work experience with local businesses.
According to the passage, English children__________.
- A. start their compulsory education at the age of 5
- B. are required to go on to comprehensive schools
- C. don't go to nursery schools
- D. receive different school education
Câu 30: Mã câu hỏi: 20655
Since 1988, state schools _________ .
- A. were all responsible to a Local Education Authority
- B. have been under the control of the local government
- C. have received money direct from central government
- D. have received money from a Local Education Authority
Câu 31: Mã câu hỏi: 20658
Some people believe _________.
- A. tuition free of private schools is rather expensive
- B. private schools provide a better education than state schools
- C. the quality of education in state schools is higher
- D. it's not necessary to send children to private schools
Câu 32: Mã câu hỏi: 20660
What is the purpose of the British education system?
- A. To offer children a range of extra-curricular activities
- B. To encourage children to develop their personality
- C. To provide academic knowledge for children
- D. b & c are all correct
Câu 33: Mã câu hỏi: 20663
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
- A. average
- B. indicate
- C. application
- D. grade
Câu 34: Mã câu hỏi: 20664
- A. choice
- B. achieve
- C. each
- D. chemistry
Câu 35: Mã câu hỏi: 20665
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest
- A. requirement
- B. previous
- C. condition
- D. amount
Câu 36: Mã câu hỏi: 20666
- A. procedure
- B. chemistry
- C. transcript
- D. finally
Câu 37: Mã câu hỏi: 20667
Read the text below and decide which word (A,B,C or D) best fits each gap.
When I was a child, my parents always said “chew your food slowly.” Of course, I always bit off more than I could chew and ended up licking it all down with glasses of milk or orange juice. As an adult, I’m paying for those very poor eating habits. I’ve had to deal …37…..stomach aches all my life. You see, I’m a very impatient person and if I’m hungry, I can’t seem to stop myself from eating quickly in order to satisfy my hunger. I’ve …38……….been to see several doctors, but no matter what they advise me to do or take, I haven’t yet been able to find a way to stop eating quickly. One of my friends …39….. that I put only a little food on my plate and then add some more only when I’d finished. But what I end up doing is ……40………… over the cooking pot shovelling food into my mouth.
- A. about
- B. for
- C. on
- D. with
Câu 38: Mã câu hỏi: 20668
- A. still
- B. yet
- C. already
- D. just
Câu 39: Mã câu hỏi: 20669
- A. persuaded
- B. convinced
- C. said
- D. suggested
Câu 40: Mã câu hỏi: 20671
- A. standing
- B. reaching
- C. climbing
- D. passing