Wealthy as they were, they were far from happy.
- A. They were as wealthy as they were happy.
- B. They were not happy as they were wealthy.
- C. Even if they were wealthy, they were not unhappy.
- D. Although they were wealthy, they were not happy.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Đáp án D
Cấu trúc câu tương phản, đối lập: Adj as S tobe, S V O = Although S V O, S V O (Mặc dù…, nhưng…).
Dịch: Mặc dù họ giàu có, nhưng họ không có được hạnh phúc.
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The history of the United States is not long. It is interesting.
- Some economists argue that new technology cause unemployment. Others feel that it allows more jobs to be created.
- We should participate in the movement _____ to conserve the natural environment.
- Some snakes lay eggs, but ______ give birth to live offspring.
- A number of prisoners ______ on the occasion of the Independence Day this year.
- Jack found it hard to ______ the loss of his little dog.
- Housework is less tiring and boring thanks to the invention of ______ devices.
- The more ______ and positive you look, the better you will feel.
- Theyll be able to walk across the river______.
- Granny is completely deaf. You will have to ______ allowances for her.
- Many people are still in ____ habit of writing silly things in ____ public places.
- Since 1950 the world ______ nearly one-fifth of the soil from its agricultural land and one-fifth of its tropical forests.
- _____the distance was too far and the time was short, we decided to fly there instead of going there by train.
- Students are______less pressure as a result of changes in testing procedures.
- Helen Keller, blind and deaf from an early age, developed her sense of smell so finely that she could identify friends by their personal odors.
- The device is very sophisticated and should only be operated by someone who is familiar with it.
- It was careless of you to leave the windows open last night.
- Wealthy as they were, they were far from happy.
- The boy was too fat to run far.
- What does the passage mainly discuss?
- The word 'this' in bold type in paragraph 1 refers to______
- It can be inferred from paragraph 2 that advertisers must______.
- According to paragraph 2, market research includes______.
- The author implies that the advertising industry requires______.
- According to the passage, most advertising used to be directed at______.
- The phrase 'in a new light' in bold type in paragraph 5 is closest in meaning to _________ .
- Where in the passage does the author give an example of a new development in advertising?
- A persons body postures, movements but positions more often tell us exactly what they mean.
- I believe that only very self-confident, knowledge and attentive students will prefer 100% of eye co
- The major goals of primary education is to achieve basic literacy and numeracy among all students.
- What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
- Where do students call their instructors Professor Smith,” Mrs Jones,”?
- Which of the following statements is TRUE ?
- What does the phrase business clothes in paragraph 2 mean?
- Where do students and teachers discuss their ideas?
- What can’t students do at most American colleges and universities?
- Which of the following statements is NOT true about schools in American?
- Jane: 'Would you rather have coffee or orange juice?” Susan: ______”.
- Khanh: I’d like the blue jacket, please! Can I try it on?” Tien: Yes, ______”.
- I prefer secure jobs because I don’t like keeping on moving and changing all the time.
- The format allowed me to offer constructive criticism and ensure that their conversation remained on track during the project.