Read the following passage and mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each question.
Louisa May Alcott, an American author best known for her childrenʹs books Little Women, Little Men, and Joʹs Boys, was profoundly influenced by her family, particularly her father. She was the daughter of Bronson Alcott, a well‐known teacher, intellectual, and free thinker who 5 advocated abolitionism, womenʹs rights, and vegetarianism long before they were popular. He was called a man of unparalleled intellect by his friend Ralph Waldo Emerson. Bronson Alcott instilled in his daughter his lofty and spiritual values and in return was idolized by his daughter.
The financial situation of the Alcott family during Louisa’s childhood was not good, mainly due to the fact that her father made unsound investment in projects that reflected his idealistic view of the world. As a result, Louisa had to begin helping to support her family at a young age, by taking variety of low paying jobs as a seatments, a maid, and a tutor.
Her novel Little Women was patterned after his own family, and Louisa used her father as a model for the impractical 10 yet serenely wise and adored father in Little Women, and with the success of this novel she was able to provide for her family, giving her father the financial security that until then he had never experienced.Câu hỏi:
This passage maily discuss .
- A. Louisa May Alcott’s famous books.
- B. How Bronson Alcott implemented hs educational philosophies.
- C. The success of Little Women.
- D. Bronson Alcott’s influence on his daughter.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: DADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The university scientist ___________ did research in the Amazon River basin found many previously unknown species of plans.
- After he________his English course, he went to England to continue his study.
- You are old eniugh to _________ responsibility for what you have done.
- The man_________along the corridor is our boss.
- If you want to be healthy, you should________your bad habits in your lifestyles.
- You went on a picnic last week, _________?
- Does Dr. John mind ________ at home if his patients need his help?
- He was_________when I had those problems and said whatever I did he would stand by me.
- As a millionaire who liked to show off her wealth, Mrs. Smith paid________we asked.
- These quick and easy_________can be effective in the short term, but they've a cost.
- If Jun_______the plane, he__________here by now.
- It is generally believed that Men make________house and women make it _________ home.”
- – I am getting married next week. _________
- – Janet: Do you feel like going to the cinemas this evening?”
- The major goals of the primary education is to achieve basic literacy and numeracy among all students.
- It was not until he was 30 that he got married, had a job and lived independently of his parents.
- This class has cancelled because too few students had registed before registration closed.
- They come and give me a hand with cooking.
- He didn’t bat an eye when he realized he failed the exam again.
- The Earth is being threatened and the future looks bad.
- Sorry, I can’t come to your party, I’m snowed under with work at the moment.
- Many people think Steve stole the money.
- We didn’t go on holiday last year because we didn’t have enough money.
- It is you that stole my purse.” Mrs Pike said to the young man.
- We had painted the room carefully. It needed some bright colors.
- No one but the experts was able to realize that the painting was resembled the original.
- What is human’s perception of ocean so far?
- How many species are listed as dangerous from marine life families?
- All of the following are true EXCEPT
- Which of the followings is CLOSEST in meaning to vunerable”?
- What is the reason for the difficulty in understanding threats to marine life?
- What does 'flourished” mean?
- The word 'they” indicates _______.
- This passage maily discuss__________
- The word particularly” is CLOEST in meaming to
- Which of the following is NOT implied as something that Louisa did to earn money as a youth?
- It can be inferred from the passage that Louisa May Alott used the success of Little Women to ________.
- The word unsound” is CLOSEST in meaning to __________
- The passage implies that vegetarianism ________.
- The author’s purpose in the passage is _______.
- The antonym of experienced” is _________.