Exercise 3: Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The primary attraction of snorkeling is the opportunity to observe underwater life in a natural setting, such as coral reefs, fish, starfish, and mollusks. Other organisms that can be seen while snorkeling include various forms of seaweed, jellyfish, shrimp and $ea turtles. Snorkeling requires no special training, only the ability to swim and to breathe through the snorkel. However, it is considered advisable that one get some instruction from a tour guide, dive shop, or equipment rental shop, any of which often can be found around popular snorkeling locations. Instruction generally covers equipment usage, basic safety, what to look for, and what to look out for, including how not to damage fragile organisms such as coral. As with scuba diving, it is always recommended that one, should not snorkel alone, but rather with a friend, a guide, or a tour group.
Swim fins used in snorkeling are usually longer than those used in diving. Snorkel is a tube about thirty centimeters (twelve inches) long, usually J-shaped, fitted with a mouthpiece, and constructed of rubber or plastic. It is used for breathing air from above the water surface when the mouth and nose are submerged, either when snorkeling or during a surface swim before or after scuba diving. The snorkel usually has a piece of rubber that attaches the snorkel to the outside of the strap of the diving mask, as sticking the snorkel in between the strap and the mask could cause the mask to leak, or risk losing the snorkel should the diver choose to switch to scuba.
Typically, the diving mask also serves to prevent breathing through the nose, so that one is forced to breathe through the snorkel. This also provides some negative pressure which helps keep the .mask sealed against the face, though attempting to breathe out through the nose can break this seal and fog the mask.Câu hỏi:
- A. offers divers an opportunity to observe marine life
- B. needs a very special training
- C. does not require an ability to swim
- D. is too dangerous for everybody to enjoy
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: A
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Scuba diving is swimming underwater or taking part ________ another activity while using a scuba set
- Can you tell me some sports which are closely related ________ water?
- We can reduce the risk of many diseases ________ swimming
- I often read books and newspapers for ________ entertainment
- When we were in Hawaii, we often spent ________ time walking along the beach and enjoying the fresh air
- Swimming produces both ________ and physical benefits
- We were really impressed by the ________ of the synchronized swimmers. They were dancing very attractively
- Sports and festivals form an integral = ________ part of every human society
- Books are a primary means for dissemination = ________ of knowledge and information.
- Summer is coming. It gets ________
- The residents ________ that there is a crocodile at large in the area
- These boxes ________ with care
- Reading is an important skill that benefits children in many way, and can turn into an extremely rewarding hobby later in life
- Reading can be a way to escape from a bad day, a way to self- entertain, and a tool which students can use to succeed for many other subjects
- Although to some people reading is a favored way to spend time, but others just do not like reading.
- One of the best ways to encourage your children to read are to provide interesting titles for them to enjoy
- Everyone likes reading more better than usual when they like the subject.
- Snorkeling ________
- We cannot get instructions for snorkeling from ________
- A snorkeler should not ________.
- The snorkel ________
- The snorkeler breathes through his ________