Bài tập trắc nghiệm Language Focus Unit 7 Economic Reforms nhằm củng cố và luyện tập về cách sử dụng mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ sự tương phản. Hi vọng qua một số câu hỏi trắc nghiệm các em sẽ nắm vựng được nội dung bài học sâu sắc hơn. Chúc các em học tốt.
Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (15 câu):
Exercise 1: Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
- A. Mary was too disappointed to keep calm.
- B. Disappointed as she was, Mary tried to keep calm.
- C. Mary lost her temper because of her disappointment.
- D. Feeling disappointed, Mary tried to keep calm, but she failed.
- A. It rained so heavily that the explorers could not continue their journey.
- B. The explorers put off their journey due to the heavy rain.
- C. The heavy rain could not prevent the explorers from continuing their journey.
- D. If it had rained heavily, the explorers would not have continued their journey.
- A. It was his ability that helped him do the job and get the position.
- B. Although he was able to do the job, but he was not offered the position.
- C. He was not offered the position, regardless of his ability to, do the job.
- D. If he had enough ability to do the job, he would be offered the position.
- A. Hard as he worked, he failed.
- B. Thanks to his hard work, he failed.
- C. He did not succeeded because of his being hard working.
- D. Even though being hard working, he failed.
- A. Unless I knew it was my friend, I would not answer the door.
- B. I knew it was my friend, but I did not answer the door.
- C. Only when I answered the door did I knew it was my friend.
- D. I answered the door since I knew it was my friend.
Exercise 2: Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
- A. Despite
- B. Even if
- C. Even though
- D. In spite
- A. of he was at his age
- B. he was at his old age
- C. of his age
- D. his age
- A. but
- B. although
- C. though
- D. in spite of
- A. of working overtime last night
- B. to work overtime last night
- C. working overtime last night
- D. I worked overtime last night
- A. Even though felling sharply in sales last month
- B. In spite of there was a sharp fall in sales last month
- C. Despite the sharp fall in sales last month
- D. Even if falling sharply in sales last month.
- A. and he decided to quit his job.
- B. but he still decided to quit his job
- C. but he decided to quit his job
- D. he decided to quit his job
- A. In spite of their salaries are increased
- B. Although they has got the increase in their salaries
- C. As their salaries have been increased salaries
- D. Even though their increasing salary salaries
- A. even as my qualifications salaries
- B. in spite of I had some qualifications salaries
- C. without my qualifications salaries
- D. despite my qualifications
- A. In spite
- B. Despite
- C. Even though
- D. Even if
- A. In spite
- B. In spite of
- C. Despite the fact that
- D. Despite