Exercise 2: Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Consider activities that most take for granted, particularly those who live in industrialized nations: drinking a glass of water; driving a car or traveling by mass transportation; living in a decent house or apartment; using modern household appliances; using tools to build, fix and repair; even breathing fresh air. These activities improve our quality of life. Have you considered that to do all of the above requires the availability of natural resources, whether used as raw materials or in finished products?
The United Nations predicts that the global population will increase from the present 6.65 billion to 7.95 billion by the year 2025. At the same time, the world is becoming more prosperous. The average person is consuming more food, water, energy and metals. Multiple millions in nations that were once poor are now moving into the middle class. They are driving cars, acquiring household appliances, using electronic gadgets and adopting high-protein diets, similar to Western industrialized nations. The subject of natural resources has been in the news for years. The media has long reported that the world's supply of oil, minerals, fresh water, and lumber are in danger of running out. Yet very few people take this seriously.
Within the next 50 years, the world's population is projected to rise by 40%. This growth, coupled with increasing industrialization and urbanization, will result in greater demand for water. Water will become much scarcer. The United Nations figures suggest that there are around 300 potential conflicts over water all over the world. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about one-sixth of the world's population lacks access to clean water, while 40% are without access to proper sanitation services.Câu hỏi:
Which future problems are referred in the text?
- A. industrialization and transportation
- B. natural resources and water
- C. household appliances and food
- D. cars and tools
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: BADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- People used to know more or less =______ how their children would live
- Our children should be educated and trained well enough to perform the _______ jobs of contemporary society
- Peter is so _____ that he never thinks of anything bad and unsuccessful
- In case of _______, you can call me at the office
- I sometimes read _______ fictions in my spare time
- _______ surely leads to the loss of many factory jobs
- We needed some more money for the _______ work and Peter promised to help us
- _______ United States is _______ worlds biggest consumer of energy
- _______ we have worked overtime for weeks, we have not completed the project
- I had my sister take care _____ my children while I was _____ business
- Which future problems are referred in the text?
- The first paragraph means that _______
- According to the second paragraph, _______
- Natural resources _______
- According to the text, _______.