Exercise 2: Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
A trend in women's change in attitude to work and home life roles has launched because more and more women begin to feel the stress and exhaustion when they play multiple roles.
The image for women of the 1950s was the domesticated housewife and mother who cooked, cleaned, and sewed. The vogue woman of today is proud while possessing the role as career woman and mother, wife, and domestic organizer. Yet, the main thing that has really changed for the modern woman is the fact that her workload has doubled from the duality of her role. The effects of this duality are being felt through stress, and unfairness.
A recent study has shown that that 68% of women see a conflict between working and raising a family. It is no wonder since large amounts of stress stem from a woman's professional career in collaboration with her role as housekeeper and mother. A study in 1997 by the Canadian Review of Sociology and Anthropology found said, "Stress appears to be strongly related to being employed outside found said, "Stress appears to be strongly related to being employed outside the home and is more strongly felt by women working more hours, especially those working full-time." The 2001 U.S. Current Population Survey found that many women wish to have fewer office hours. More and more women want to cut work hours because they find it difficult to take care of household responsibilities while maintaining a career. The Female Lifestyle Survey of Great Britain 2004 found that 86% of full time working women did most of the housework and 77% did most of the child rearing, which; has made them quite exhausted.Câu hỏi:
The text is about _______.
- A. women's difficulties when they have to work both outside and at home
- B. women's stress caused by her children
- C. women's exhaustion caused by her boss
- D. women's preference of multiple roles
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: AVDOC
Mã câu hỏi: 3347
Loại bài: Bài tập
Môn học: Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Although men may know more about diapering babies and vacuuming floors than his father did, but women are still doing most of housework and child rearing
- When men and women are asked who is spending long hours cleaning and tidy up, women are still far ahead of men.
- In 2006, 87.9 per cent of men said they shared housework from their wives, up from 84.4 per cent in 1996
- The proportion of women spend 30 hours a week or more on unpaid housework fell to 19.8 per cent in 2006 from 24.6 per cent in 1996
- According to a 2005 report from Statistics Canada, men spent 2.5 hours a day on unpaid work around the house, as soon as women averaged 4
- The text is about _______
- Being both a career woman and domestic organizer makes women ____
- Which idea is not referred in the text?
- The writer _______
- Women _______
- More and more women have become _______ and do research on many fields as men do
- It is __ that changes womens lives and the perception of womens roles
- They are designing a new program to help businesswomen with an attempt to promote _______ growth
- UNESCO was established to encourage _______ among nations in the areas of education, science, culture, and communication
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), was established = _______ in 1946
- More and more women are now joining = _______ the paid labor force worldwide
- UNESCO hopes to encourage universal respect for justice, laws, human _______, and fundamental freedoms.
- UNESCO has its _______ in Paris, France, and operates educational, scientific, and cultural programs and exchanges from 60 field offices worldwide
- As soon as Mary _______, she _______ to her hometown.
- Stay here _______.
- I _______ all the preparations before you _______ home tonight
- ____ the office staff learned about Joness promotion, they threw her a party
- John has not phoned us _______ he left the city
- David was crossing the street _______ a truck turned round at the corner and nearly hit him
- As soon as Mary _______, she _______ to her hometown