Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Vietnamese generally shake hands when greeting and parting. Using both hands shows respect, as does a slight bow of the head. In rural areas, elderly people who do not extend their hand are greeted with a slight bow. Women are more likely to bow the head slightly than to shake hands. Vietnamese names begin with the family name and are followed by a given name. For example, in the name Nguyen Van Duc, Nguyen is the family name. People address one another by their given names, but add a title that indicates their perceived relationship to the other person. These titles are family related rather than professional. Among colleagues, for example, the younger of the two might combine the given name with the title of Anh (“Older Brother”). A basic greeting combined with the given name and title is Xin chao (“Hello.”). Classifiers for gender and familiarity are also combined with the greeting. In formal meetings, business cards are sometimes exchanged on greeting.
Vietnamese have a strong sense of hospitality and feel embarrassed if they cannot show their guests full respect by preparing for their arrival. Therefore, it is inappropriate to visit a home without having been invited. Gifts are not required, but are appreciated. Flowers, incense, or tea may be appropriate gifts for the hosts. Hosts also appreciate a small gift for their children or elderly parents.Câu hỏi:
Which of the following is not true?
- A. In most cases, Vietnamese greet each other with a handshake.
- B. To show respect, they do a slight bow while using both hands to shake.
- C. Vietnamese women never shake hands, so they bow the head slightly when greeting.
- D. Elderly people in rural areas do not often shake hands when greeting and saying good-bye.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: DADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Which of the following sentence isn't true?
- How are Vietnamese names generally formed?
- Typically, Vietnamese will be addressed...........
- The Vietnamese have a very strong sense of hospitality, but...................
- According to the last paragraph, the Vietnamese ..................