The word “assist” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to _____.
- A. hinder
- B. help
- C. contribute
- D. cure
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Kiến thức: Từ vựng
Từ nào gần nghĩa với từ “assist” ở đoạn 3?
assist (v): giúp đỡ
hinder (v): cản trở help (v): giúp đỡ
contribute (v): cống hiến cure (v): chữa lành
=> assist = help
Dẫn chứng: Clonaid states that they are using human cloning to assist infertile couples, homosexual couples and families who have lost a beloved relative.
Đáp án: B
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Caffeine is very ______, which is why people drink so much coffee.
- Tom seldom drinks coffee, ______?
- The diagrams ______ by young Faraday were sent to Sir Humphrey Davy at the end of the year 1812.
- Someone is going to have to take responsibility for this disaster. Who is going to ______?
- What noisy neighbors you’ve got! If my neighbors ______ as bad as yours, I ______ crazy.
- Apart from those three very cold weeks in January, it has been a very ______ winter.
- The ______ of toothpaste are located in the health and beauty section of the supermarket.
- If orders keep coming in like this, Ill have to ______ more staff.
- You ______ for me; I could have found the way all right.
- Weve had to postpone ______ to France because the children are ill.
- In today’s paper, it ______ that there will be a new government soon.
- His clothes are in a mess because he ______ the house all morning.
- When the police arrived the thieves took to flight leaving all the stolen things behind.
- Please, you are so nervous, do try to contain your anger.
- I didnt take a deliberate decision to lose weight. It just happened.
- The position fell vacant when Rodman was promoted.
- Jane and Suzie are talking after school.Tom: I’m awfully sorry I can’t go with you.”Mary: ______? Haven’t you agreed?”
- Peter and Mike are talking during a class break.Peter: What are you doing this weekend?” Mike: ______.”
- What does the passage mainly discuss?
- According to the passage, which of the following is NOT true?
- The word 'assist” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to _____.
- The word 'unveiling” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _____.
- According to the passage, who is King Chow?
- According to paragraph 4, what animals are in danger of extinction?
- The word “it” in paragraph 2 refers to ______.
- The word 'preposterous” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ______.
- Which of the following is NOT an important factor mentioned in paragraphs 5 and 6?
- What is the overall point that the writer makes in the reading passage?
- The word 'its” in paragraph 7 refers to ______.
- What does the writer say about peasants?
- What is an important point the writer wishes to make in paragraph 7?
- Lasagna is an example of a dish ______.
- The word 'servitude” in paragraph 5 is closest in meaning to ______.
- Many people who live near the ocean depend on it as a source of food, recreation, and to have economic opportunities.
- The techniques of science and magic are quite different, but their basic aims – to understand and control nature, they are very similar.
- The various parts of the body require so different surgical skills that many surgical specialties have developed.
- It’s a waste of time asking Peter for help because he is too busy.
- 'I’m sorry for not keeping my promise, Mum!” said John.
- We’re still hesitating about which school our son ought to go to.
- I’d like to blame you. However, I know I can’t.
- My brother couldn’t speak a word. He could do that when he turned three.