Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (50 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 74576
A.rites B. catches C. oranges D. buzzes
- A. rites
- B. catches
- C. oranges
- D. buzzes
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 74577
A.ghost B. post C. pond D. chose
- A. ghost
- B. post
- C. pond
- D. chose
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 74579
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that diff ers from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
A. average B. aquatic C. athletic D. available
- A. average
- B. aquatic
- C. athletic
- D. available
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 74580
A. manage B. suppose C. argue D. follow
- A. manage
- B. suppose
- C. argue
- D. follow
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 74582
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Although divorce is quite common in Western countries, 80 percent of ____ get divorced remarry.
- A. those
- B. the ones
- C. those who
- D. ones who
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 74585
—"What's the matter?"
— "That driver has lost control of his car - he _________ into the barrier!"
- A. will crash
- B. will be crashed
- C. would crash
- D. is going to crash
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 74586
— “I hear Ben has been really busy with his house."
— "He _______so much work on it when I visited the second time that I hardly recognized it."
- A. was doing
- B. does
- C. had done
- D. did
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 74588
I meant no harm by my remark, but she finally flared up at me _________ I had insulted her.
- A. though
- B. although
- C. even though
- D. as though
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 74590
As Marilyn finished her spe ech, the audience burst _________ thunderous applause.
- A. in
- B. into
- C. out
- D. upon
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 74592
10: _________, but he often gives me a hand with the housework .
- A. However busy my husband is at work
- B. No matter how busy is my husband at work
- C. My husband is very busy at work
- D. Although my husband is very busy at work
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 74593
Dick was made _________ the truck for a week as a punishment.
- A. to wash
- B. washing
- C. wash
- D. to be washing
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 74595
It is not uncommon for _________ probl ems of communication bet ween old and young.
- A. there be
- B. there being
- C. there to being
- D. there to be
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 74597
Despite the flimsy evide nce, the jury found her __________.
- A. guilt
- B. guilty
- C. guiltily
- D. being guilty
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 74599
The contract between the tw o companies will _________ at the e nd of the year.
- A. complete
- B. elapse
- C. expire
- D. finish
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 74600
They didn’t ____________to the statio n in time to catch the train.
- A. get
- B. reach
- C. arrive
- D. approach
Câu 16: Mã câu hỏi: 74601
The rapid _____________ of the world’s population has produced serious social and economic problems.
- A. escalation
- B. growth
- C. development
- D. rise
Câu 17: Mã câu hỏi: 74602
This student’s excellent performance __________ an example for the rest of the class.
- A. leave
- B. made
- C. set
- D. put
Câu 18: Mã câu hỏi: 74603
Discovering the secrets of human genes was a great scientific __________.
- A. breakthrough
- B. research
- C. source
- D. breakdown
Câu 19: Mã câu hỏi: 74605
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
He said good night hastily , promising that he would phone Hans in the morning.
- A. absently
- B. hesitantly
- C. nonchalant
- D. hurriedly
Câu 20: Mã câu hỏi: 74606
The ancient city was completely inundated within half an hour.
- A. destroyed
- B. flooded
- C. burned
- D. ruined
Câu 21: Mã câu hỏi: 74608
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) O PPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
There has been insufficient rainfall over the past two years, and farmers are having troub le.
- A. adequate
- B. unsatisfactory
- C. proper
- D. dominant
Câu 22: Mã câu hỏi: 74609
Kate thinks they look down on her because she doesn't have a job.
- A. exclude
- B. detest
- C. console
- D. respect
Câu 23: Mã câu hỏi: 74610
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the option that best completes each of the following exchanges.
Mary and Linda are talking about how to save electricity.
— Mary: “I think we should turn off all the fans before leaving the classroom.”
— Linda: “__________”
- A. That’s a good idea.
- B. No, thanks.
- C. How far
- D. Do you like it?
Câu 24: Mã câu hỏi: 74612
Denis and Mike are reading books in class.
— Denis: Do you think I could borrow your dictionary? — Mike: ________________.
- A. Yes, you may borrow
- B. Yes, you could
- C. Yes, help yourself
- D. Yes, go on
Câu 25: Mã câu hỏi: 74614
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your an swer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 25 to 29.
It is important in today’s societ y to keep as fit and healthy as possible. People who work in offices (25)
________ be especially sure they take some form of exercise at least twice a week if they want to live a
long and happy life. But what is the best way to keep fit? It r eally depends on your personality. If you are
a competitive kind of person, (26) _______ you would probably like to play some kind of sport. The kind
of sport would, again, depend on you. A (27) _______type would prefer team sports, whereas a ‘loner’
would be attracted to individual sports like tennis, squash or badminton. For those who do not want to
compete, there are many (28) ________to sport. Walking, cycling and running are all cheap and
enjoyable forms of exercise. There are also many gymnasiums and health clubs to join, (29) _______
provide training facilities, and s ometimes offer personal train ing to suit your individual needs.
A. can B. may C. need D. have to
- A. can
- B. may
- C. need
- D. have to
Câu 26: Mã câu hỏi: 74616
A. then B. so C. therefore D. or
- A. then
- B. so
- C. therefore
- D. or
Câu 27: Mã câu hỏi: 74619
A. social B. sociable C. socialised D. socialist
- A. social
- B. sociable
- C. socialised
- D. socialist
Câu 28: Mã câu hỏi: 74620
A. changes B. options C. alternatives D. solutions
- A. changes
- B. options
- C. alternatives
- D. solutions
Câu 29: Mã câu hỏi: 74623
A. where B. which C. that D. what
- A. where
- B. which
- C. that
- D. what
Câu 30: Mã câu hỏi: 74625
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your an swer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 30 to 34.
The habits of those who constantly play video games are very im portant to people working in video-game industry. If video games are going to be one of the most attractive features of future interactive
systems, it is essential for producers to know what types of games to make, how best to present such
games on interactive video, and how to ensure that such games m aintain their fascination for people.
Above all, it is vital to build up detailed profiles of people who are addicted to video games.
Until recently, the chief market for video games has been boys aged eight to fifteen. The fascination
for interactive video games is seen in its purest form in this group. Video games appeal to some deep
instinct in boys who find it impossible to tear themselves from them. Schoolwork is ignored, health is
damaged and even eating habits are affected. Girls of the same age, however, are entirely different,
demonstrating far greater free dom from the hold of video games. Quite simply, they can take video games
in their stride, being able to play them when they want and the n leave them alone.
Producers of video games are keen on __________.
- A. finding the best ways of continuing to attract people
- B. developing computer techniques in making such games
- C. learning about drug to whi ch people are addicted
- D. designing ways
Câu 31: Mã câu hỏi: 74627
The people who are most attracted to video games are _________
- A. young adult women
- B. boys from eight to fifteen years old
- C. girls between eight and fifteen
- D. supermarket assistants
Câu 32: Mã câu hỏi: 74628
__________have different attitude towards playing video games.
- A. Adult men and women
- B. Boys and girls from eight to fifteen
- C. Girls and boys above eight
- D. Girls and boys below eight
Câu 33: Mã câu hỏi: 74630
The addiction to video games ca n be so powerful that it can _________.
- A. separate boys from girls
- B. make people relax
- C. destroy people’s instincts
- D. make people physically ill.
Câu 34: Mã câu hỏi: 74632
Compared with boys of the same age, girls are __________.
- A. more intelligent than boys
- B. more addicted to video games
- C. more concentrated on video games
- D. less affected by video games
Câu 35: Mã câu hỏi: 74636
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your an swer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 35 to 42.
Of all the deserts in North America, the Sonoran Desert is the largest, covering an area of 120,000
square miles of strange and remarkable beauty. Part of the dese rt stretches over south -west Arizona, part
over south-east California and the rest over north-west Mexico. Somewhat surprising ly, 80% of Arizona’s
population live in the desert area, in towns such as Tucson and Phoenix, although this unique area only
accounts for 20% of Arizona’s total territory.
Temperatures in summer rarely fall below 100
Fahrenheit, while the winters are never really cold. The
desert area has a very low annual rainfall in comparison to oth er parts of Arizona, where there might be
three or four times as much rain in a year. Water, therefore, has to be taken from the ground or from
several rivers that cross the desert. The region was inhabited by Native American groups for hundreds of
years before the Spaniards came in the 15
century and colonized a large part of the desert area. Now you
can see the remains of one early Native American civilization, the Hohokam tribe, who created permanent
villages and a fairly advanced system of canals to carry water for their crops.
The desert area is remarkable for its cacti, the main form of v egetation that can exist in such
inhospitable conditions. There is also an amazing variety of wildflowers which seem to come up
overnight after the winter rains, only to disappear in the firs t heat of spring. Animals that live in the desert
include lizards, the desert tortoise, rattlesnakes and small ma mmals such as mice, squirrels, rabbits,
coyotes and mountain lions.
So come and join us for a true wilderness experience in the Sonoran desert – an unforgettable adventure!
There is nothing quite like the desert sky full of stars to remind you of that whole universe out there.
Where did this passage come from?
- A. A book about North American history.
- B. A travel guide book.
- C. A brochure advertising unusual holidays.
- D. An introduction to Native American civilizations.
Câu 36: Mã câu hỏi: 74638
In the first paragraph, why does th e author say “surprisingly”?
- A. Because so many people live in the desert area of Arizona.
- B. Because the desert takes up 80% of Arizona.
- C. Because Arizona only has two main towns.
- D. Because Arizona’s population is so small.
Câu 37: Mã câu hỏi: 74639
In the second paragraph, what is the meaning of “annual”?
- A. daily.
- B. monthly.
- C. yearly.
- D. six-monthly.
Câu 38: Mã câu hỏi: 74643
In the history of the Sonoran desert,
- A. Native American always moved around in the area.
- B. only the Spaniards created fix ed settlements in the area.
- C. the Hohokam people were only present after the 15th century.
- D. a Native American group used a special system for watering the plants.
Câu 39: Mã câu hỏi: 74646
In the third paragraph, what does the author mean by “inhospi table conditions”?
- A. not enough variety of food.
- B. no medical facilities.
- C. too much heat and lack of water.
- D. too many dangerous wild animals.
Câu 40: Mã câu hỏi: 74647
What is the main impression t hat the author gives of the desert area?
- A. There isn’t much to do apart from studying the animals.
- B. It’s a fascinating place.
- C. It’s only interesting because of the towns that are there.
- D. It’s a good place to do scientific research.
Câu 41: Mã câu hỏi: 74649
The word “accounts for” (paragraph 1) is closest in meaning to
- A. makes up
- B. takes up
- C. puts up
- D. turns up
Câu 42: Mã câu hỏi: 74651
The word “amazing” (par. 3) is closest in meaning to
- A. unlimited
- B. changing
- C. marvellous
- D. unusual
Câu 43: Mã câu hỏi: 74655
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined pa rt that needs correction in each of the following questions.
A basic knowledge of social studies, such as history and geography, are considered a basic part of the education of every child.
- A. A basic knowledge
- B. such as
- C. are
- D. every child.
Câu 44: Mã câu hỏi: 74657
Though my house is cheaper than Albert, it is bigger and more attractive.
- A. Though
- B. cheaper
- C. Albert
- D. more attractive.
Câu 45: Mã câu hỏi: 74658
The wind blew so hardly and strongly that the windows rattled in their frames.
- A. hardly
- B. that
- C. rattled
- D. their
Câu 46: Mã câu hỏi: 74659
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
They think the band has split up many times before.
- A. The band is thought to split up many times before.
- B. The band was thought to split up many times before.
- C. The band is thought to have s plit up many times before.
- D. The band was thought to have split up many times before.
Câu 47: Mã câu hỏi: 74660
"What will you do if you have ten a week off school?", Minh asked me.
- A. Minh asked me what will I do if I have a week off school.
- B. Minh asked me what I will do if I have a week off school.
- C. Minh asked me what I would do if I had a week off school.
- D. Minh asked what would I do if I had a week off school.
Câu 48: Mã câu hỏi: 74661
If you weren’t born in this country you can’t vote in the election.
- A. Being born in this country, you can’t vote in the election.
- B. Not being born in this country, you can’t vote in the election.
- C. Having not been born in this country, you can’t vote in the ele ction.
- D. Not having been born in this country, you can’t vote in the ele ction.
Câu 49: Mã câu hỏi: 74662
Learning German is a waste of time bec ause the language is not widely spoken.
- A. There’s no point in learning German because the language is not widely spoken.
- B. There’s no use to learn German because the language is not widely spoken
- C. It’s no use to learn German because the language is not widely spoken.
- D. It’s no point learning German becaus e the language is not widel y spoken.
Câu 50: Mã câu hỏi: 74663
I realized the value of my parents’ advice only wh en I myself became a parent.
- A. It was only when I realized the va lue of my parents’ advice I m yself became a parent.
- B. It was only when I myself became a parent did I realize the val ue of my parents’ advice.
- C. Only when I myself became a pare nt did I realize the value of m y parents’ advice.
- D. Only when I myself became a parent that I realized the value of my parents’ advice.