Choose the item (A, B, C or D) that best completes each of the following sentences.
In 1988, for the first time in British history, a National Curriculum was introduced. The National Curriculum tells pupils which subjects they have to study, what they must learn and when they have to take assessment tests. [assessment: đánh giá]
Between the ages of 14 and 16, pupils study for their GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. Pupils must take English Language, Maths and Science for GCSE, as well as a half GCSE in a foreign language and Technology. In addition, they must also be taught Physical Education, Religious Education and Sex Education, although they do not take exams in these subjects.
At the age of 16, pupils can leave school. If pupils stay on, they usually take A (Advanced) levels, AS (Advanced Supplementary) level or GNVQs (Greater National Vocational Qualifications). It is quite common to combine, for example, two A levels with one AS level, or one A level with one GNVQ.
Pupils taking A levels study traditional subjects, such as French, Physics or History. To go to university, pupils usually need two or three A levels.
AS levels are the same standard as A levels, but only half of the content: AS level German pupils take the A-level German language exam, but do not take the A-level German Literature exam.
GNVQs are vocational qualifications. Pupils usually take on GNVQ in subjects such as Business, Leisure and Tourism, Manufacturing, and Art and Design. One GVNQ (at advanced level) is equal to two A levels.Câu hỏi:
Britain began to have a National Curriculum _________.
- A. one hundred years ago
- B. in the nineteenth century
- C. in 1898
- D. in 1988
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Mã câu hỏi: 872
Loại bài: Bài tập
Môn học: Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Britain began to have a National Curriculum _________
- Which of the following subjects do British students NOT take exams in?
- Pupils need_________A levels to continue to study at university.
- Which of the following subjects do pupils NOT take on GNVQ in?
- Pupils normally study for their GCSE between the ages of _________.
- Five years ago it seemed certain to close but parents and other villagers fought the local education authority and raised funds to keep it (6)_________. It is now ending its first term as a school
- (7)_________by the village community and the villagers are just proud of their achievement.
- They were furious when education chiefs tried to make them send the village children to other schools further away because the number of pupils at the village school was too (8)_________.
- The villagers started a huge campaign to (9)_________money.
- Now the school is doing well and it seems (10)________it will continue to run in the future.