The word “conflicting” in line 1 is closest in meaning to
- A. controlling
- B. important
- C. outdated
- D. opposing
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Đáp án D
“conflicting” = opposing: đối lập , gây tranh cãi
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Would you mind if I _____ off the television?
- Grace knows a lot about Web design though she ______ it.
- It’s a waste of time ____ Olga to help because she is too busy.
- If Jane ______ 3 years older, she ______ after her own pet dog.
- The poster was prepared by that artist, ______ had been the creator of many original ones.
- Dammon’s suit was _____ that we could not help laughing at him.
- The room was very noisy, ____ I hardly heard myself talking to others.
- Sarah proposed that we _____ out to the waters of Bala Lake to learn some basic skills of padding.
- Essays ______ in, we all felt relieved and ready for the term break.
- Not until _____ the cartoonist _____ why he was popular with the public.
- The young man was staggering along the street as if he ______ some alcohol.
- Having a few good friends can have good influence on one’s _____ health.
- An ______ psychologist will deliver a speechat the parents’ meeting this weekend.
- Though it was not his own work, the student sent the article to two publishers without _____ to his professors.
- In the silence of the dining-room, only the _____ of cutlery was heard.
- The little boy got injured at a _____ of speed while he was riding his bike.
- It is widely claimed that watching TV too much may head to headache and eye ____.
- The car was running so fast that I could hardly _____ a glimpse of the man sitting next to the driver.
- Motorists should not get ______ violating laws such as speeding or running through red lights.
- Theodor was very delighted to see his old friends again; he gave her such a _____ handshake.
- It is ______ that South Africa is a leading country in exporting diamonds.
- Martha Wells, who is a very good counselor at my school, can ____ some very good advice.
- The new series of comic books _____ for children from 5 to 11 years old.
- ______, the power was cut, and the audience felt panicked and started running out of the theatre.
- I suggested some activities for the team, but my teammates _____ of them at all.
- The teacher called Michael ‘a walking dictionary’ and that _____ stuck.
- Speaker 1: Would you like another cup of tea? -Speaker 2: _________.
- The conductor asked me twice _____ my card.
- You cannot borrow the book at the same time. Please take _____ to have it, two weeks for each.
- You _____ in the preparation course because I can see no name like yours here.
- What is the main idea of the passage?
- What is today’s richest source of information about the Earth’s interior for geologists?
- The word conflicting” in line 1 is closest in meaning to
- The word 'There” in line 9 refers to the ______
- Which of the following is a primary characteristic of the Earth’s mantle?
- Which of the following terms is NOT given as a definition in the passage?
- Which of the following statement is NOT true?
- The phrase 'gives way to” in line 14 is closest in meaning to _____
- The word 'it” in paragraph 4 refers to _____
- Why does the author state in line 17 that the Earth’s core is more alien” than space?