Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.Câu hỏi:
Harry no longer smokes a lot.
- A. Harry now smokes a lot.
- B. Harry used to smoke a lot.
- C. Harry didn’t use to smoke a lot.
- D. Harry rarely smoked a lot.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
S + no longer + thì hiện tại đơn = S + used to + V (hiện tại không còn...nữa = đã từng...)
Tạm dịch: Harry không hút thuốc nữa.
A. Harry bây giờ hút thuốc nhiều. ⇒ sai nghĩa
B. Harry đã từng hút nhiều thuốc. ⇒ đúng
C. Harry đã từng không hút nhiều thuốc. ⇒ sai nghĩa
D. Harry hiếm khi nào hút nhiều thuốc. ⇒ sai nghĩa
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Choose the best one: Harry no longer smokes a lot.
- Choose the best one: I’ll call you as soon as I arrive at the airport,” he said to me.
- Choose the best one: People think that traffic congestion in the downtown area is due to the increasing number of private cars.
- Choose the best one: The young girl has great experience of nursing. She has worked as a hospital volunteer for years.
- Choose the best one: Peter told us about his leaving the school. He did it on his arrival at the meeting.
- Preserving cultural identities in international world is a matter of great dispute.
- Sacred texts and ceremonies can seem confusing with no one there to guide. Young people find an expert willing to explain their significance.
- Culture, language, facilities or economy level of the family are different.
- We cant deny the potential influences of global communications on our cultural identity, as it will become even more powerful.
- We accept that changes are unavoidable. We will not allow everything to be wiped out, destroyed or forgotten.