Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (15 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 4145
Exercise 1: From the four words or phrases - a, b, c or d - choose the one that best completes the sentence.
_______ William Shakespeare is the most widely known.
- A. Of all writers in English
- B. All writers in English
- C. All of the writers in English
- D. With all, writers in English
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 4146
_______, John Glenn was a pioneer in the U.S. space program.
- A. The first American to orbit the earth
- B. That the first American orbited the earth
- C. Despite the first American who orbited the earth
- D. He was the first American to orbit the earth
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 4147
James Cook, _______, also discovered the Hawaiian Island.
- A. by exploring the South Sea he reached Australia
- B. explored the South Sea and reaching Australia
- C. explored the South Sea and then reached Australia
- D. who explored the South Sea and reached Australia
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 4148
Writing pens are made in _______ of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- A. endless variety an almost
- B. variety an almost endless
- C. an almost endless variety
- D. almost variety an endless
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 4149
Designed by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi, _______.
- A. the United States was given the Statue of Liberty by the people of France.
- B. the people, of France gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States.
- C. the French people presented the United States with a gift, the Statue of Liberty.
- D. the Statue of Liberty was given to the United States by the people of France.
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 4150
Exercise 2: Choose the sentences - a, b, c or d - which is closest in meaning to the printed one.
I find your grammar and organization above average, John, but your spelling could stand .some improvement.
- A. John's writing is only average.
- B. John's organization is poor.
- C. John misspells too many words.
- D. John can't stand to write
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 4151
'Why didn't you join your friends on the trip?' she asked.
- A. She wanted to know why I hadn't joined my friends on the trip.
- B. She asked me why I didn't join her friends on the trip.
- C. She suggested that I join my friends on the trip.
- D. She asked me why didn't I join my friends on the trip.
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 4152
Although there was a lack of interest to begin with, the main reason why they postponed, the picnic was the rain.
- A. The picnic was put off because off the rain.
- B. They held the picnic in spite of the rain.
- C. They were extremely interested in having the picnic.
- D. The picnic was held, but few people showed up.
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 4153
Had she read the material, she would have been prepared for class.
- A. She knew the answer to the question.
- B. She was not prepared for class.
- C. She had read the material, but she didn't know the answer.
- D. Even though she hadn't read the material, she knew the answer.
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 4154
Unlike her friends, Jane prefers an independent life.
- A. Jane doesn't like her friends because she prefers an independent life.
- B. Her friends live an independent life and Jane doesn't like it.
- C. Jane prefers an independent life Put her friends do not.
- D. Jane doesn't like her friends to live a dependent life.
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 4155
Workers are not allowed to use the office phone for personal calls.
- A. They don't let workers use the office phone.
- B. The office phone is supposed .to be used by workers only.
- C. They don't allowed workers to make phone calls personally.
- D. Workers are not permitted to use the office phone for personal purpose.
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 4157
I might have taken French last semester if I'd known it was offered.
- A. Someone offered to teach me French last semester.
- B. I knew that French was not offered last semester.
- C. I didn't take French last semester.
- D. I took French the last semester it was offered.
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 4158
Times Square is the center of many well-known theaters in New York.
- A. Many famous theaters are located in New York's Times Square.
- B. Times Square is the name of a well-known theater in New York.
- C. New York is in the center of Times Square.
- D. Many theaters in central New York are open all the time.
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 4159
Shouldn't you smoke fewer cigarettes?
- A. Do you think you should smoke fewer?
- B. You shouldn't smoke fewer cigarettes, should you?
- C. Should you smoke more cigarettes?
- D. shouldn't you cut down on your smoking?
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 4160
Jane refused to attend his birthday party, which made him feel sad.
- A. Jane's refusal to attend his birthday party made him feel sad.
- B. He felt sad not to be able to attend her birthday' party.
- C. Jane made him sad despite her refusal to attend his birthday party.
- D. Jane refused to attend his birthday party because it made him sad.