Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (10 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 3463
Exercise 2: Read the two passages carefully and choose the correct answer.
There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University, although the vast majority of undergraduates are 18 years' or older when they come into residence. All applicants will need to demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university level study. A student who will be over 21 on commencing a course is classified as a mature student.
In previous years, the University has had minimum entrance requirements for all applicants, known as matriculation requirements. These included the need for a qualification in English, a language other than English, and a mathematical or scientific subject. These requirements will be abolished from 2009 entry onwards.
Cambridge applicants are encouraged to study either four or five Advanced Subsidiary (AS) levels in Year 12. Applicants taking four subjects will not be disadvantaged compared with those taking five subjects. The university administration would normally expect A grades in subjects which are particularly reI-evant to the course a student is applying for. More challenging offers may be set to ensure that an applicant can cope with pressure and the demands of exams.
Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are based on A level subject criteria and require no additional teaching or resources. They are designed to challenge the most able students and to provide opportunities for students to show logical and critical thinking skills and a greater depth of understanding than required at A level.
"There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University" means that _______.
- A. All students studying at Cambridge University must be under 18 years old
- B. Any students can enter Cambridge University regardless of the age
- C. Any students who are admitted to Cambridge University have to meet age requirement.
- D. All Cambridge higher students must be more than 20 years old
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 3464
To enter Cambridge University, students must be _______.
- A. very wealthy
- B. under the level of university study
- C. mature and personally skillful
- D. very intelligent
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 3465
What is not a matriculation requirement to enter Cambridge University?
- A. A Bachelor of Art in Literature
- B. A language other than English
- C. A qualification in English
- D. A mathematical or, scientific subject
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 3466
According to the third paragraph, _______.
- A. Studying at Cambridge University is not a difficult task.
- B. Examinations at Cambridge University are very difficult.
- C. Students at Cambridge University do not to encounter any pressure.
- D. Cambridge University does not require examinations.
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 3467
Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are for _______ students.
- A. poor
- B. foreign
- C. elderly
- D. good
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 3468
Exercise 3: Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
I did not come to your party due to the rain.
- A. If it did not rained, I would come to your party.
- B. It was the rain that prevented me from coming to your party.
- C. Even though it rained, I came to your party.
- D. Suppose it .did not rain, I would come to your party.
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 3469
They got success since they took my advice.
- A. They took my advice, and failed.
- B. If they did not .take my advice, they would not get success.
- C. But for taking my advice, they would not have got success.
- D. My advice stopped them from getting success.
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 3470
Unless you come on time, we will go without you.
- A. Come on time or we will go without you.
- B. Come on time, we will go without you.
- C. Because of your punctuality, we will go without you.
- D. Without jour coming on time, we will go.
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 3471
Thanks to her high grades at university, she is offered the position.
- A. If she had not got high grades at university, she would not be offered the position.
- B. It was her high grades at university which offer her the position.
- C. If she had not got high grades at university, she would not have been offered the position.
- D. Without her high grades at university, she is not offered the position.
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 3472
I am very interested in the book you lent me last week.
- A. The book is interesting enough for you to lend me last week.
- B. It was the interesting book which you lent me last week.
The book which you lent me last week is too interesting to read.
- D. The book that you lent me last week interests me a lot.