Exercise 2: Read the two passages carefully and choose the correct answer.
There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University, although the vast majority of undergraduates are 18 years' or older when they come into residence. All applicants will need to demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university level study. A student who will be over 21 on commencing a course is classified as a mature student.
In previous years, the University has had minimum entrance requirements for all applicants, known as matriculation requirements. These included the need for a qualification in English, a language other than English, and a mathematical or scientific subject. These requirements will be abolished from 2009 entry onwards.
Cambridge applicants are encouraged to study either four or five Advanced Subsidiary (AS) levels in Year 12. Applicants taking four subjects will not be disadvantaged compared with those taking five subjects. The university administration would normally expect A grades in subjects which are particularly reI-evant to the course a student is applying for. More challenging offers may be set to ensure that an applicant can cope with pressure and the demands of exams.
Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are based on A level subject criteria and require no additional teaching or resources. They are designed to challenge the most able students and to provide opportunities for students to show logical and critical thinking skills and a greater depth of understanding than required at A level.Câu hỏi:
"There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University" means that _______.
- A. All students studying at Cambridge University must be under 18 years old
- B. Any students can enter Cambridge University regardless of the age
- C. Any students who are admitted to Cambridge University have to meet age requirement.
- D. All Cambridge higher students must be more than 20 years old
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: BADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) is the name of a set of English qualifications, generally taking by secondary school students at the age of 15-16 in England
- When GCSEs are taken in secondary school, they can often combined with other qualifications, or diplomas
- If you decide to take any examination system, you should make contact with the Admissions Office to ask for an appropriate preparation for the subject whom you are planning to study
- Entry standards at Cambridge University require students who have studied to the highest level available for school students, and having achieved top grades
- If you have already decided on a course that you would like to study at university, or we recommend that you take a look at the course requirements first
- 'There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University' means that _______
- To enter Cambridge University, students must be _______
- What is not a matriculation requirement to enter Cambridge University?
- According to the third paragraph, _______
- Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are for _______ students
- I did not come to your party due to the rain
- They got success since they took my advice
- Unless you come on time, we will go without you
- Thanks to her high grades at university, she is offered the position
- I am very interested in the book you lent me last week