Read the following passage and choose the option A, B, C or D to answer the following questions.
If you are invited to someone's house in America for dinner, you should bring a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates. If you give your host a wrapped gift, he or she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered polite. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and wants to show his or her appreciation to you immediately. Even if the host doesn't like it, he or she will tell a "white lie" and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad.
If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time, you should not arrive exactly on time or earlier than the expected time, because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and therefore rude, as the host may not be ready.Câu hỏi:
Why shouldn't you arrive exactly on time if you are invited to a dinner at a particular time?
- A. the host may not be ready
- B. the host is not at home
- C. you are impolite
- D. you go there by bus
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: AADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- He will be in Singapore from Monday _________ Thursday.
- A great deal of tea __________ in England everyday.
- It was _________ a boring film that I left before the end.
- She asked me if I ________ to school by bicycle every day.
- That book ___________ in the library.
- Nga is hungry _________ she hasn’t eaten all day.
- Mathematics is a ____________ subject in school.
- We have a meeting ____________7.30 a.m and 11 a.m.
- My brother used __________ heavily, but he doesn’t smoke any longer.
- John: Would you mind if I turned off the light?”Mark: ________.”
- Wearing__________encourages students to be proud of their school.
- It is nearly 3 months _________he visited his parents.
- I am always busy. I wish I _________ more time to look after my family.
- I look forward to ________ from you and _________ good response from your company.
- This is the first time I ________ such an interesting film.
- The doctor _________me not to stay up too late at night.
- His house looks very large and beautiful. It is _________house.
- Its very hot today. I wish I _________on the beach now.
- We are____________when the New Years Eve is coming very near.
- My father asked us _________too much time playing computer games.
- Why shouldnt you arrive exactly on time if you are invited to a dinner at a particular time? Because ………………………………….
- When should you arrive if you are asked to arrive at a particular time?
- Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered …….....….
- What will the host do if he or she doesnt like the present?
- What should you bring if you are invited to someones house in America for dinner?