Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question.
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is a registered charity dedicated to assisting in developing countries. More specifically, it is a recruitment agency which finds, selects, and laces volunteers in response to overseas requests. This work makes it distinctive among other charities and organizations in the U.K. It sends people, not money abroad.
VSO tries to respond to requests from overseas which ask for volunteers. Its bias is firmly towards the poorest members of the community and it takes great care to avoid undermining job opportunities for local people.
Both staff and volunteers also pay special attention to women’s roles in developments projects. This is because women’s roles in child rearing, in education and community cohesion are essential in any healthy process of change.
The application of each volunteer is carefully considered in order to select and interview candidates against each job request from the field, to seek the person with the right blend of skills and personality. Chosen volunteers will have the opportunities to acquire better understanding about life and people everywhere.Câu hỏi:
Which of the following words is similar in meaning to “distinctive”?
- A. common
- B. different
- C. the same
- D. similar
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: BRANDOM
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- All the students are looking forward to go to the stadium to watch the football match.
- I had my teacher to revise my essay this morning, but he was busy teaching.
- They thanked us on inviting them to dinner and said that they wanted to have us over for dinner the next week.
- Richard insisted on seeing the manager tomorrow.
- ______ of the committee, I’d like to thank you for your generous donation.
- Nancy: 'I'm not sure what to do this evning. Any ideas?'
- Five local teachers of English are invited to _______ the essay contest.
- Green Summer is a voluntary project where students provide__________ for disadvantaged children.
- You need a degree to be ____________ in today’s job market.
- At the moment, Tony _____ books and his wife _____ dinner.
- I ________ a strange animal while I ________ for my friends at the bus stop.
- By the time I ________ to the party, most people ________ home.
- _______ to this songs many times, I could sing it without looking at the lyrics.
- Students should spend one hour a day _________ English.
- We are always made _______ hard at the weekend by our boss.
- Minh: Thanks a lot.”Tom: _____________”
- Which of the following words is similar in meaning to distinctive”?
- According to those who work for VSO, who play the most important part in bringing about changes?
- Which the following is true about VSO?
- The chosen volunteers__________________