Read the passage carefully and then choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to each question.
Lora: I might retire early. I don’t know. I’m 55 and my husband retired last year. He spends most of his time in the garden. I’d really like to be there with him though I am not quite fond of the tasks. I’m definitely going to learn a new language. I hate going abroad and speaking English.
Cass: I’m only 26, so I’m not going to retire soon! In fact I want to have more chances to earn our living. Jaime and I are going to have a baby next year and we’re really excited about that. We want to have a big family and live in a big house. Then, when I retire, my children and grandchildren will all be able to stay.
Sue: Well, Roger and I don’t agree about retiring. I love work and I don’t want to retire! I know I won’t have anything to do.
Roger: I asked my boss at work recently and I might be able to retire next year. I might buy a house in France and spend the time that my family deserved to have with me long before. I’d love to have my first long-awaited visit to Paris with my wife one day.
Linda: I want to retire as soon as possible. I have three sons and now I don’t even have time to play with them. They will become mature very soon and don’t want to spend quality time with me. I can’t stand the thought.Câu hỏi:
The reason Lora looks forward to her retirement is because _____.
- A. her husband has already retired
- B. she likes doing gardening
- C. she hates travelling abroad
- D. she likes to learn English
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: AADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Be quiet! Someone _____ at the front door. I ______ it.
- After eating dinner, I have to do the ____ and then do my homework every day.
- These flowers are fresh. They ____ from the garden.
- My mother and I often go to the supermarket to shop for _____ at weekends.
- My boyfriend intends to have a part - time job. He ______ in a restaurant in the summer.
- In my family, my father always takes charge of doing the ____ lifting.
- Everyone in my family has to do the share of ______ because my parents go out to work.
- As soon as he ______, I _____ you a phone call.
- The human ____ system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide.
- If people breathe in deeply, their ____ can expand to twice their normal size.
- Acupuncture can treat from simple to complicated ailments.
- Food is broken down and converted into energy in the ____ system.
- When acupuncture ____ correctly, it is very safe for patients.
- - Mother: Haven’t you tidied up your room yet?” - Son: ____”
- The workshop is so interesting that we aren’t wanting to leave now.
- Doing crossword puzzles surely has beneficial effects to our brain’s memory.
- The reason Lora looks forward to her retirement is because _____.
- Which of the following is NOT true about Cass?
- Who does NOT want to retire shortly?
- Roger _____.
- The word mature” in the passage is closest in meaning to ____.