Kì thi Học kì 1 đang đến gần, HOC247 xin giới thiệu đến các em học sinh Đề cương ôn tập HK1 môn Tiếng Anh 11 năm học 2022-2023 với nội dung chi tiết bám sát theo chương trình học trong nhà trường, giúp các bạn học sinh ôn tập và luyện tập lại kiến thức đã học, đồng thời cũng chuẩn bị tốt cho kì thi Học kì 1 sắp tới của mình. Mời các em học sinh cùng tham khảo nội dung tài liệu ngay sau đây nhé.
1. Nội dung ôn tập
1.1. Tense Revision
- The past simple (thì quá khứ đơn)
- Câu khẳng định:
- S + V2 / V-ed + O
- S + was/were + O
- Câu phủ định :
- S + didn’t + V-inf…
- S + wasn’t/weren’t
- Câu nghi vấn :
- Did + S + V-inf …..?
- Was/Were + S + V-inf…?
- Diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và chấm dứt hoán toàn trong quá khứ.
- Diễn tả một chuỗi các hành động liên tiếp xảy ra trong quá khứ.
- yesterday: hôm qua
- the day before yesterday: hôm kia
- 3 years/4 days ago: cách đây 3/4 năm
- last Tueday/year...: thứ 3 tuần trước/ năm ngoái
- in + mốc thời gian trong quá khứ.
- The present perfect (thì hiện tại hoàn thành)
- Câu khẳng định: S + have/ has + V-ed/V3
- Câu phủ định: S + have/ has not + V-ed/V3
- Câu nghi vấn: have/ Has + S + V-ed/V3?
- Diễn tả hành động mà xảy ra trong quá khứ mà kết quả của nó còn liên quan đến hiện tại hoặc tương lai.
- Hành động vừa mới xảy ra, vừa mới kết thúc, thường đi với trạng từ “just”
- Hành động bắt đầu từ quá khứ, còn kéo dài đến hiện tại và có khả năng tiếp tục ở tương lai.
- Hành động xảy ra trong quá khứ mà không biết rõ thời gian.
- Hành động được lặp đi lặp lại nhiều lần ở quá khứ.
- Dùng sau những từ so sánh ở cấp cao nhất. (trong lời bình phẩm)
- Dùng với This is the first/ second time, it’s the first time.........
- Dùng với “this morning/ this evening/ today/ this week/ this term”...... khi những thời gian này vẫn còn trong lúc nói.
- just, recently, lately :gần đây, vừa mới
- ever :đã từng
- never :chưa bao giờ
- already :rồi
- yet: chưa (dùng trong câu phủ định và nghi vấn)
- since :từ khi (chỉ thời điểm mà hành động bắt đầu)
- for : khoảng (chỉ khoảng thời gian của hành động )
- so far = until now = up to now = up to the present : cho đến nay, cho đến tận bây giờ
1.2. Cleft sentences: It is/ was…that…
- Khái niệm: Câu chẻ hay còn gọi là câu nhấn mạnh (Cleft sentences ) theo đúng như tên gọi của nó, dùng để khi ta muốn nhấn mạnh vào một đối tượng hay sự việc nào đó. Câu thường chia làm hai vế, một vế chính và một vế là mệnh đề quan hệ sử dụng that, who, when, while…
- Cấu trúc: It + be + …. that + …
- Phân loại:
- Câu chẻ nhấn mạnh chủ ngữ
* It is/ was + S (người) + who/that + V
* It is/ was + S (vật) + that + V
- Câu chẻ nhấn mạnh tân ngữ
* It is/ was + O (người) + that/whom + S + V
* It is/ was + O (danh từ riêng) + that + S + V
* It is/ was +O (vật)+ that + S + V.
1.3. Modal Verbs
- Diễn đạt sự cần thiết hoặc bắt buộc phải làm điều gì ở hiện tại hoặc tương lai.
- Đưa ra lời khuyên hoặc lời yêu cầu được nhấn mạnh.
1.3.2. Have to
Cả must và have to đều dùng để diễn đạt sự cần thiết phải làm điều gì đó.
Tuy nhiên, có sự khác nhau.
- Must: sự bắt buộc đến từ phía người nói (là mong muốn và cảm xúc của người nói.)
- Have to: sự bắt buộc do tình thế hoặc điều kiện bên ngoài (nội quy, luật pháp, quy định ..)
1.3.3. Should và Ought to
- Should: Chỉ sự bắt buộc hay bổn phận, nhưng không mạnh bằng Must (với Should bạn có thể lựa chọn việc thực hiện hay không thực hiện, còn must thì không có sự chọn lựa.)
- Ought to
- Chỉ sự bắt buộc hay bổn phận . Nghĩa tương tự như should và không mạnh bằng Must.
- Đưa ra lời khuyên hoặc kiến nghị.
1.4. Gerunds and state verbs in continuous forms (V-ing và động từ trạng thái trong dạng tiếp diễn)
A gerund is the –ing form of a verb that functions as a noun. (Danh động từ là dạng –ing của một động từ có chức năng như một danh từ.)
- It can be used as the subject of a sentence (Nó có thể được sử dụng làm chủ ngữ của câu)
- It can be used as an object after some verbs, verbs and prepositions, and phrases (Nó có thể được sử dụng như một tân ngữ sau một số động từ, động từ và giới từ, và cụm từ)
- Verbs: avoid (tránh), consider (cân nhắc), dislike (không thích), enjoy (thích), finish (kết thúc), imagine (tưởng tượng), involve (để tâm, tham gia), practice (thực hành), suggest (đề nghị), mind (làm phiền), recommend (giới thiệu, tiến cử) etc.
- Verbs and prepositions: agree with (đồng ý), apologise for (xin lỗi), concetrate on (tập trung), depend on (phụ thuộc), dream of (mơ), insist on (nài nỉ), etc.
- Pharses: can’t help (không thể không), can’t stand (không thể không), feel like (cảm thấy), be worth (đáng làm gì), no use/good (vô ích)
- State verbs
“State verbs” miêu tả 1 trạng thái hoặc 1 điều kiện mà không thay đổi và kéo dài khoảng 1 thời gian. Những động từ này thường không được sử dụng trong thì tiếp diễn.
Các động từ thông dụng:
- Động từ chỉ suy nghĩ và quan điểm: believe (tin tưởng), think (nghĩ), know (biết), remember (nhớ), doubt (nghi ngờ), guess (đoán), etc.
- Động từ chỉ cảm xúc: like (thích), hope (hy vọng), love (yêu), prefer (thích hơn), want (muốn), wish (ước), desire (mong muốn), etc.
- Động từ để miêu tả cảm giác: see (nhìn), smell (ngửi), hear (nghe), etc.
- Động từ khác: be, have (có), consist (bao gồm), belong (thuộc về), concern (quan tâm), etc.
1.5. To – infinitives after nouns/ adjectives (To – V sau danh từ/ tính từ)
Chúng ta có thể sử dụng To – V đứng sau tính từ để đưa ra lý do cho tính từ đó.
S + linking verb + adjectives + to – V
Linking verb: be, appear, feel, become, seem, look, remain, sound, smell, stay, taste
Adjectives: glad, happy, lucky, amazed, surprised, proud, determined, pleased, sorry, disappointed, sad, afraid
Chúng ta có thể sử dụng To – V trong cấu trúc với “It” và tính từ để đưa ra lời nhận xét hoặc đánh giá.
It + linking verb + adjectives (for somebody) + to – V
Adjectives: easy, difficult, hard, interesting, boring, nice, great, good, possible, impossible , likely, important, necessary, unreasonable.
Chúng ta có thể sử dụng To – V sau những danh từ trừu tượng để nói về những hành động mà những danh từ ấy liên quan tới.
Noun + to – V
Nouns: advice, ability, ambition, anxiety , attempt, chance, decision, dream, failure, permission, chance, plan, request, wish, way , demand, determination, effort, offer, willingness.
2. Bài tập ôn tập
Exercise 1: Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. I'm not surprised Margaret's ill. With all the voluntary work she's ______, she's really been doing too much.
a. taken off b. taken on c. taken in d. taken to
2. An English Club will be _______ to help children improve their English.
a. brought on b. showed up c. set up d. put on
3. There was a gradual _______ in the number of both males and females who were literate in the Lowlands.
a. rise b. raise c. arise d. risen
4. Only highly _______ people are capable of discussing these subjects.
a. interesting b. common c. literate d. business
5. Most students who were asked felt that _______ respect in the classroom was essential.
a. mutual b. annual c. actual d. continuous
6. He apologized _______ not being able to complete the poem.
a. in b. on c. of d. for
7. Time was _______, and the judges announced the results.
a. out b. up c. off d. down
8. He's been teaching music for years, but he hasn't any _______.
a. examinations b. experiences c. experience d. qualifications
9. Most students find English Competitions _______.
a. enjoying b. enjoyment c. enjoyed d. do enjoyable
10. I am pleased to _______ the winner of the final competition. It's Group B.
a. recite b. announce c. explain d. appoint
11. After convincing myself that the result didn't matter, I felt oddly _______ when we lost.
a. encouraged b. stimulated c. disadvantaged d. disappointed
12. With three teams finishing on 40 points, there was no outright _______.
a. win b. winning c. winner d. winnings
13. For work to flow _______, proper preparations must be made.
a. smoothly b. freely c. constantly d. naturally
14. The contestants are eliminated one by one until the last _______ in a head-to-head contest.
a. sponsor b. support c. compete d. enter
15. The winner of the contest was given a(n) _______ for her excellent performance.
a. bonus b. reward c. fine d. award
16. My teachers always encourage _______ hard at school.
a. to work b. us to work c. working d. that we work
17. Six months after the accident, he still has difficulty _______.
a. to walk b. walking c. walked d. to walking
18. I really hate _______ away from home so much.
a. you have to be b. you having to be
c. your have to be d. your having to be
19. Staff say that the new computer system _______ to greater levels of stress in their work.
a. led b. would lead c. has led d. had led
20. He apologized _______ able to finish the project on time.
a. his colleagues not being b. his colleagues for not being
c. his colleagues not to be d. to his colleagues for not being
21. It's a pity we didn't visit Tom when we had the chance. I _______ him before he left the country.
a. would like to see b. should like to see
c. would like having seen d. would like to have seen
22. His doctor suggested that he _______ a short leave of absence.
a. will take b. take c. would take d. took
23. It is no use _______ to school if you _______ to work hard.
a. going - do not ready b. to go - do not ready
c. going - are not ready d. go - are not ready
24. Mary's father approved of _______ in the United States for another year in order to work toward her M. A.
a. her to stay b. she to say c. she staying d. her staying
25. Nowadays, young men with a technical education _______ because of the great demand for highly skilled workmen.
a. is well paid b. should pay well c. are well paid d. could pay well
Exercise 2: Rewrite the sentences beginning with an appropriate participle (present, past or perfect).
1. When she saw the dog coming towards her, she quickly crossed the road.
2. If it is looked after carefully, the plant can live through the winter.
3. As I don't have a credit card, I found it difficult to book an airline ticket over the phone.
4. Keith spent a lot of time filling in job application forms because he was unemployed.
5. Because I was walking quickly, I soon caught up with her.
6. The house was built of wood, so it was clearly a fire risk.
7. I was eager to catch the bus in good time because I had been told off the day before for arriving late.
8. She didn't know where the theater was, so she asked for directions at the hotel reception.
9. As she was a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.
10. He had spent his childhood in Oslo so he knew the city well.
11. The fruit was expensive because it was imported.
12. We has spent nearly all our money so we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.
13. As we didn't want to offend him, we said nothing about his paintings.
14. Although James is known mainly as a writer of novel, he has now written a successful biography.
15. Although it had been hunted close to extinction, the rhino is once again common in this area.
Exercise 3: Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. The missing children were last seen (play) ______ near the river.
2. (complete) ______ the book, he had a holiday.
3. (find) ______only in the Andes, the plant is used by local people to treat skin diseases.
4. The accident seems to (happen) ______ at around 1. 00 p. m yesterday.
5. Do something! Don't just sit there (twiddle) ______ your thumbs.
6. Last year I studied abroad. I appreciate (have) ______the opportunity to live and study in a foreign country. .
7. (look) ______down from the hill, the town spread out before us towards the coast.
8. Marta doesn't like to have her picture (take) ______. She avoids (photograph) ______.
9. I don't agree with (smack) ______ children if they do something wrong.
10. The book (publish) ______ last week is his first novel.
11. (photocopy) ______ all the papers, Sarah put them back in the file.
12. I found a coin (lie) ______on the sidewalk.
13. Our mechanic said that he expects to (fix) ______ the brake on the car before we pick it up.
14. Life must be unpleasant for people (live) ______ near busy airports.
15. (park) ______ the car about a kilometre from the stadium, I walked the rest of the way.
Exercise 4: Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
THE OLYMPIC GAMES
During the Olympic games, people from all over the world come together in peace and friendship. Some of these people compete for medals. Several million people attend the games, and millions of other people watch them on television.
Why do we have the Olympic games? How did they begin? The first Olympic Games that we have records of were in Greece in 776 B. C. The games lasted one day. The only event in the first thirteen Olympic Games was a race. Men ran the length of the stadium (about 192 meters). Then, longer running races were added. Through the years, a few other kinds of events, like the long jump, were also added. During this time, the games were for men only, and women could not even watch them. In the year 393, a Roman emperor ended the Olympic Games because the quality of the games became very low. The Olympics did not take place again for 1500 years!
In 1894, Pierre de Courbertin of France helped form the International Olympic Committee, and the modern Olympic Games began. In 1896 the games were held again in Athens, Greece. The Greeks built a new stadium for the competition. Three hundred and eleven athletes from thirteen countries competed in many events. The winners became national heroes.
After 1896, the games were held every four years during the summer in different cities around the world. In 1900, the Olympics were in Paris, France, and women competed for the first time. In 1908, in London, England, the first gold medals were given to winning athletes. Before that time, the winners received only silver and bronze. medals.
The Olympic flag was first introduced in 1920 in Antwerp, Belgium. The flag has five rings on it. The rings represent the continents of Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America. Each ring is a different colorblue, yellow, black, green, or red - because the flag of each of the countries that compete in the games has at least one of these colors in it.
The Olympic Winter Games began in 1924 in Chamois, France. Athletes competed in winter events such as skiing, ice skating, and ice hockey. Today, the Winter Games take place every four years. The Summer Games also take place every four years, but not. in the same year as the winter events. Both the Summer Games and the Winter Games must have at least fifteen events, and they cannot last more than sixteen days.
Until recently, Olympic competitors could not be professional athletes. All of the athletes in the Olympic Games were amateurs. Today, however, many of the Olympic athletes are professionals who play their sports for money during the year. Some people disagree with this idea. They believe that the Olympic Games are for amateur athletes, not paid professionals. Other people think that anyone can play in the Olympic Games. No matter who the athletes are, millions of people throughout the world enjoy watching the greatest athletic competitions, the Summer games and the Winter Games of the Olympics.
1. Which of the following is not true of the first 13 Olympic Games in Greece?
a. They lasted only one day.
b. The men competed while the women watched.
c. They consisted of only one event, which was race running.
d. They were for men only.
2. Pierre de Coubertin _____________.
a. was the first athlete from France to take part in the modern Olympic Games
b. helped the Greeks build a new stadium for the modern Games.
c. helped to revive the Games.
d. became a national hero of France.
3. The International Olympic Committee was set up _____________.
a. with Pierre de Coubertin as chairman
b. according the wish of a Roman emperor
c. every four years starting from 1894
d. two years before the modern Olympic Games were held
4. Women first competed in the Games _____________.
a. in 1908 in London, England
b. in the Paris Olympics of 1900
c. as soon as the Olympic Games were resumed
d. in 1896 at Pierre de Coubertin's suggestion
5. What was special about the 1920 Olympics?
a. The Olympic flag was introduced.
b. Gold medals were given to winning athletes for the first time.
c. Women were allowed to compete for the first time.
d. The Ofympic Winter Games were held.
6. Which of the following is not true?
a. There is an interval between the Summer and the Winter Games.
b. The games can't last longer than 16 days.
c. The Summer Games have more sporting events than the Winter Games.
d. The Olympic flag has five rings of five different colors on it.
7. Professional athletes _____________.
a. joined the Olympic Games only recently.
b. have been allowed to compete in the Games since the Olympic flag was introduced
c. get paid for taking part in the Olympic Games
d. have won more gold medals than amateurs have
8. According to the passage, _____________.
a. the participation of professionals has made the Olympic Games less enjoyable
b. no matter who athletes are, the games are ,still great to watch for millions of people
c. professional athletes will soon be banned from the Games
d. everyone is opposed to allowing professionals to take part
---(Để xem tiếp nội dung của đề cương các em vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập vào HỌC247 để tải về máy)---
3. Đáp án
1 - b; 2 - c; 3 - a; 4 - c; 5 - a; 6 - d;
7 - b; 8 - c; 9 - d; 10 - b; 11 - d;
12 - c; 13 - a; 14 - c; 15 - d;
16 - b; 17 - b; 18 - d; 19 - c; 20 - d;
21 - d; 22 - b; 23 - c; 24 - d; 25 - c;
1 - Seeing the dog coming towards her, she quickly crossed the road.
2 - Looked after carefully, the plant can live through the winter.
3 - Not having a credit card, I found it difficult to book an airline ticket over the phone.
4 - Being unemployed, Keith spent a lot of time filling in job application forms.
5 - Walking quickly, I soon caught up with her.
6 - Built/ Being built of wood, the house was clearly a fire risk.
7 - Having been told off the day before for arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
8 - Not knowing where the theater was, she asked for directions at the hotel reception.
9 - Being a nurse, she knew what to do after the accident.
10 - Having spent his childhood in Oslo, he knew the city well.
11 - Being imported, the fruit was expensive.
12 - Having spent nearly all our money, we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.
13 - Not wanting to offend him, we said nothing about his paintings.
14 - Known mainly as a writer of novel, James has now written a successful biography.
15 - Having been hunted close to extinction, the rhino is once again common in this area.
1 - playing; 2 - Having completed; 3 - Found; 4 - have happened; 5 - twiddling;
6 - having had; 7 - Looking; 8 - taken - being photographed; 9 - smacking;
10 - published; 11 - Having photocopied ; 12 - lying;
13 - have fixed ; 14 - living ; 15 - Having parked/ Parking
1 - b; 2 - c; 3 - d; 4 - b; 5 - a; 6 - c; 7 - A; 8 - B;
1. Martha confessed that she had done it.
2. The guard advised us/ warned us not to touch that button.
3. My Mom thanked Lola for bringing us souvenirs.
4. Peter apologized for not having seen/ not seeing the notice.
5. The man denied stealing/ having stolen it.
Trên đây là một phần nội dung tài liệu Đề cương ôn tập HK1 môn Tiếng Anh 11 năm học 2022-2023. Để xem thêm nhiều tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích khác các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Mời các em tham khảo tài liệu có liên quan:
Hy vọng tài liệu này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong học tập.