Bài học Unit 10 Nature in Danger phần Language Focus hướng dẫn các em một điểm cấu trúc mới trong mệnh đề quan hệ: Đại từ quan hệ với giới từ đi kèm.
Tóm tắt bài
1. Pronunciation Language Focus Unit 10 Lớp 11
Phát âm: /sl/ - /sm/ - /sn/ - /sw/
2. Grammar Language Focus Unit 10 Lớp 11
Relative pronouns with prepositions. (Đại từ quan hệ với giới từ)
Trong mệnh đề quan hệ, khi đại từ quan hệ làm tân ngữ của giới từ thì giới từ thường có 2 vị trí: trước các đại từ quan hệ ("whom" và "which") hoặc sau động từ.
- Trong lối văn trang trọng, giới từ thường được đặt trước đại từ quan hệ "whom" và "which".
- Ex 1: This is the car about which I told you.
- Ex 2: The man to whom you talked this morning is my uncle.
- Trong lối nói thân mật, giới từ thường đặt cuối mệnh đề.
- Ex 1: This is the car (which/ that) I told you about.
- Ex 2: The man (whom/ that) you talked to this morning is my uncle.
- Lưu ý
- Không đặt giới từ trước "that" và "who"
- Với cụm động từ (phrasal verbs: look after, come across, fill in, go on, take on…) thì giới từ không được dùng trước đại từ quan hệ.
- Ex: The dog which Mrs Brown has looked after for two years becomes a big dog now. (Người ta không dùng "The dog after which Mrs Brown has looked for..." vì "look after" mang nghĩa là chăm sóc.)
- Các giới từ "without", "during" và "since" thường không được đặt ở cuối mệnh đề quan hệ.
Ex 1: The thing without which I can hardly finish the work is my computer. (Not "The thing which I can hardly finish without the work is my computer.")
Ex 2: During which period did it happen? (Not which period did it happen during?)
Ex 3: Since when have you been learning English? (Not when have you been learning English since?)
Of which, of whom, of whose được dùng sau các từ chỉ số lượng (all, both, each, many, most neither, none some…) và dạng so sánh nhất.
Ex: They have three children, all of whom get married.
3. Exercise Language Focus Unit 10 Lớp 11
3.1. Unit 10 Language Focus Exercise 1
Choose the suitable italicised words to complete the following sentences. (Chọn từ in nghiêng thích hợp để hoàn thành các câu sau.)
- To who/whom it may concern.
- It was a service for which/that I was grateful.
- The success of a shared holiday depends on who/whom you share it with.
- Do you like the person who/whom sits next to you?
- Midway through the second half, Manchester United scored their third goal, at that/which point Leeds United gave up completely.
- There is one person to whom/who I owe more than I can say.
- It was the kind of accident for which/that nobody was really to blame.
Guide to answer
3.2. Unit 10 Language Focus Exercise 2
Combine the following sentences, using preposition + whom or which. (Ghép các câu sau, sử dụng giới từ + whom hoặc which.)
- The man was very kind. I talked to him yesterday.
- The man works in the hospital. I told you about him.
- The woman teaches me English. I am telling you about her.
- The movie is fantastic. They are talking about it.
- The picture was beautiful. She was looking at it.
- I'll give you the address. You should write to it.
Guide to answer
- The man to whom I talked yesterday was very kind.
- The man about whom I told you works in the hospital.
- The woman about whom I am telling you teaches me English.
- The movie about which they are talking is fantastic.
- The picture at which she was looking was beautiful.
- I'll give you the address to which you should write.
3.3. Unit 10 Language Focus Exercise 3
Complete the following sentences, using who, whom, which or that. (Hoàn thành những câu sau sử dụng who, whom, which hoặc that)
- Jack is the one ______ I miss most.
- It was a kind of computer with ____ I was not familiar.
- Do you get on with the person ____ lives next door?
- I must thank the man from ____ I got the present.
- It is an event ______ I would rather not forget.
- The meeting to _____ I went was interesting.
- The person ______ did it was never caught.
- That's the woman to ______ Jim used to be married.
Guide to answer
- Jack is the one whom/that I miss most.
- It was a kind of computer with which I was not familiar.
- Do you get on with the person who lives next door?
- I must thank the man from whom I got the present.
- It is an event which/that I would rather not forget.
- The meeting to which I went was interesting.
- The person who did it was never caught.
- That's the woman to whom Jim used to be married.
Bài tập minh họa
Join the sentence halves using which or whom after an appropriate preposition.
the furniture is to be delivered. you should be aware.
I had great respect. I look up.
most world trade was conducted. the printer was supplied.
she was divorced in 1995. it was named.
we went on holiday. it was primarily written.
- My English teacher, Mrs. Brookes, was someone ...............
- Until 1914 the pound sterling was the currency .............
- They have changed the date .........
- Pasteurisation was discovered by the French chemist Louis Pasteur, ........
- There are a number of safety procedures .....................
- Details are in the instruction manual .........................
- Ms. Peters was left the money by her former husband ...........
- She is one of the few people ...............................
- This is a photograph of our friends ...........................
- The book is enjoyed by adults as well as children .............
- My English teacher, Mrs Brookes, was someone for whom I had great respect.
- Until 1914 the pound sterling was the currency in/with which most world trade was conducted.
- They have changed the date on/by which the furniture is to be delivered.
- Pasteurisation was discovered by the French chemist Louis Pasteur, after whom it was named.
- There are a number of safety procedures of which you should be aware.
- Details are in the instruction manual with which the printer was supplied.
- Ms. Peters was left the money by her former husband, from whom she was divorced in 1995.
- She is one of the few people to whom I look up.
- This is a photograph of our friends with whom we went on holiday.
- The book is enjoyed by adults as well as children, for whom it was primarily written.
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Language Focus Unit 10 Lớp 11
Trên đây là nội dung bài học Language Focus Unit 10 Lớp 11, để củng cố nội dung bài học ngữ pháp mời các em tham gia thực hành Trắc nghiệm Unit 10 lớp 11 Language Focus
Câu 1: Exercise 1: Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that needs correcting.
Among us students are many foreigners whose attend language classes at the south campus.
- A. Among us
- B. many foreigners
- C. whose
- D. at the
- A. that politicians
- B. should make
- C. consulting
- D. to who
- A. where
- B. are living
- C. badly
- D. destroying
- A. have to make
- B. changes
- C. the technological institutions
- D. to preserve
- A. has finished
- B. will leave
- C. where
- D. on him
Câu 6: Exercise 2: Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence.
Jean Fragonard was a French artist ______ portrait of children.
- A. whose paintings
- B. who has painted
- C. who painted
- D. whose painted
Câu 2 - Câu 18: Xem trắc nghiệm để thi online
Trong quá trình học bài và thực hành trắc nghiệm có điểm nào chưa hiểu các em có thể đặt câu hỏi trong mục Hỏi đáp để được sự hỗ trợ từ cộng đồng HỌC247. Chúc các em học tốt!
Turn the following into inverted sentences: I had hardly begun to apologize when the door closed (hardly)
bởi Lê Gia Bảo 12/09/2018
Turn the following into inverted sentences
18.I had hardly begun to apologize when the door closed (hardly)
19.The shop can in no way be held responsible for customers' lost property (in no way)
20.The couple had no sooner arrived than the priest started the ceremony (no sooner)
21.Tom only understood the meaning of the comments when he saw his wife's face (only when)
22.The restaurant cannot accept animals under any circumstances (under no circumstances)
23.The artist rarely paid any attention to his agent's advice (rarely)
24.One rarely finds good service these days (rarely)
25.She has rarely travelled more than fifty miles from her village (rarely)
26.Public borrowing has seldom been so high (seldom)
27.They had seldom participated in such a fascinaating ceremony (seldom)
28.They little suspected that the musical was going to be a ruunaway success (little)
29.She didn't realize what would happen to her next (little)Theo dõi (0) 1 Trả lời
-- Mod Tiếng Anh 11 HỌC247