Bài học Language Focus Unit 9 tiếng Anh lớp 10 hướng dẫn các em ôn tập về động từ khiếm khuyết "Should" và câu điều kiện loại 2. Hi vọng bài học giúp ích các em trong việc hệ thống lại kiến thức ngữ pháp.
Tóm tắt bài
1. Pronunciation Language Focus Unit 9 Lớp 10
Phát âm /ɪə/ - /eə/ - /ʊə/
2. Grammar Language Focus Unit 9 Lớp 10
- "Should" dùng để diễn đạt motojlowif khuyên
- You should work hard to pass the coming examination.
- One shouldn't spend too much money on clothes.
- Should we go and tell him?
- "Should" dùng để diễn tả một lời đề nghị
- We should always use my car.
- You should always study in the school library.
b. Conditional Sentences type 2
- Câu điều kiện loại 2 diễn tả một hành động, một việc không thể xảy ra trong hiện tại và tương lai, sự việc không có trong thực tế mà chỉ là tưởng tượng hoặc mơ ước.
If + S + V (past subjuntive), S + would verb
I am to poor to buy you a diamond ring. ---> If I were rich, I would buy you a diamond ring.
- Ngoài "would" ta có thể dùng "might" hoặc "could" trong mệnh đề chính
- If you became a billionare, you might not be happy.
- If we filed, we could see the world from above easily.
3. Exercise Language Focus Unit 9 Lớp 10
Unit 9 Language Focus Exercise 1
For each situation in brackets write a sentence with should or shouldn't + one of the phrases in the box below. (Với mỗi tình huống trong ngoặc, viết một câu với should hoặc shouldn't + một cụm từ trong khung dưới đây.)
go away for a few days go to bed so late look for another job
put some pictures on the walls take a photograph use her car so much
1. (Liz needs a change.) She should go away for a few days.
2. (My salary is very low.) You _______
3. (Jack always has difficulty getting up.) He ________.
4. (What a beautiful view!) You_________
5. (Sue drives everywhere. She never walks.) She ______.
6. (Bill's room isn't very interesting.) He________.
Guide to answer
1. She should go away for a few days.
2. You should look for another job.
3. He shouldn't go to bed so late.
4. You should take a photograph.
5. She shouldn't use her car so much.
6. He should put some pictures on the wall.
Unit 9 Language Focus Exercise 2
Read the situations and write sentences with I think / I don't think... should.... (Đọc các tình huống sau và viết các câu với I think / I don't think... should....)
1. Peter and Judy are planning to get married. You think it's a bad idea. (get married)
2. You don't like smoking, especially in restaurants. (be banned)
3. I have a very bad cold but I plan to go out this evening. You don't think this is a good idea. (go out)
4. You are fed up with the boss. You think he has made too many mistakes. (resign)
Guide to answer
1. I don't think they should get married.
2. I think smoking should be banned, especially in restaurants.
3. I don't think you should go out this evening.
4. I think the boss should resign.
Unit 9 Language Focus Exercise 3
Put the verbs into the correct form. (Cho dạng đúng của động từ.)
Guide to answer
1. didn't go
2. would feel
3. would take
5. would not get
6. closed down
8. would be
9. didn't come
12. would understand
Bài tập minh họa
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, using the word in brackets
1/ We might win $ 5000, and then we’d travel to Thailand. (if)
→ We’d travel __________________________________________ $ 5000.
2/ His electric fan is not working and he feels hot. (would)
→ If his _______________________________________________ so hot.
3/ They should give up smoking to protect their health. (would)
→ If they ___________________________________ improve their health.
4/ Perhaps we would go to Hanoi to visit our friends. (Went)
→ If we ________________________________________ visit our friends.
5/ I think you should pay attention to the lessons in class. (You)
→ If I _______________________________________ the lessons in class.
6/ Her brother doesn’t use computer well enough to work for that company. (Better)
→ If her brother ________________________________ for that company.
7/ Our parents don’t have enough money so they can’t make a trip to New York. (Could)
→ If our parents _____________________________________ New York.
8/ I’m not a millionaire so I can’t buy a villa in Ho Chi Minh city. (Were)
→ If I _______________________________________ Ho Chi Minh city.
9/ We won’t go out if it doesn’t stop raining. (Unless)
→ We will not __________________________________________ raining.
10/ He would not write unless he heard some news. (If)
→ He wouldn’t _____________________________________ some news.
1/ We’d travel to Thailand if we won $ 5000.
2/ If his electric fan were working, he would not feel so hot.
3/ If they gave up smoking, they would improve their health.
4/ If we went to Hanoi, we would visit our friends.
5/ If I were you, I would pay attention to the lessons in class.
6/ If her brother used computer better, he would work for that company.
7/ If our parents had enough money, we could make a trip to New York.
8/ If I were a millionaire, I could buy a villa in Ho Chi Minh city.
9/ We won’t go out unless it stops raining.
10/ He wouldn’t write if he didn’t hear some news.
Trên đây là nội dung bài học Language Focus Unit 9 Lớp 10, trong quá trình học bài và thực hành trắc nghiệm có điểm nào còn chưa hiểu các em có thể đặt câu hỏi trong mục Hỏi đáp để được sự hỗ trợ từ cộng đồng HỌC247. Chúc các em học tốt!
-- Mod Tiếng Anh 10 HỌC247