Indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s): Margaret Thatcher was known for her tough uncompromising conservative political views, and became dubbed as ‘The Iron Lady’.
Margaret Thatcher was known for her tough uncompromising conservative political views, and became dubbed as ‘The Iron Lady’.
A. reserved B. inflexible C. narrow-minded D. compatible
Trả lời (1)
B. inflexiblebởi Hồng Hạnh 26/07/2021Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
Nếu bạn hỏi, bạn chỉ thu về một câu trả lời.
Nhưng khi bạn suy nghĩ trả lời, bạn sẽ thu về gấp bội!
Lưu ý: Các trường hợp cố tình spam câu trả lời hoặc bị báo xấu trên 5 lần sẽ bị khóa tài khoản
Video HD đặt và trả lời câu hỏi - Tích lũy điểm thưởng
Các câu hỏi mới
Indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s): Since 1979, ULI has honored outstanding development projects in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors with the ULI Global Awards for Excellence program, which today is widely recognized as the development community's most prestigious awards program.
Since 1979, ULI has honored outstanding development projects in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors with the ULI Global Awards for Excellence program, which today is widely recognized as the development community's most prestigious awards program.
A. important B. notable C. ordinary D. respected
14/08/2021 | 1 Trả lời
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. apply B. persuade C. reduce D. offer
Question 2: A. preservatives B. congratulate C. preferential D. development
Question 3: A. president B. physicist C. inventor D. property
Question 4: A. economy B. unemployment C. communicate D. particular
Question 5: A. elephant B. dinosaur C. buffalo D. mosquito
Question 6: A. scientific B. intensity C. disappearance D. expectation
Question 7: A. conference B. lecturer C. researcher D. reference
Question 8: A. intentional B. optimistic C. environment D. participant
Question 9: A. explain B. happen C. decide D. combine
Question 10: A. represent B. intensive C. domestic D. employment
Question 11: A. minister B. dependent C. encourage D. agreement
Question 12: A. equip B. listen C. answer D. enter
Question 13: A. involve B. provide C. install D. comment
Question 14: A. hospital B. inflation C. policy D. constantly
Question 15: A. garment B. comment C. cement D. even
Question 16: A. different B. achievement C. educate D. primary
Question 17: A. sorrow B. schooling C. passion D. subtract
Question 18: A. certainty B. activity C. organize D. compliment
Question 19: A. publish B. replace C. involve D. escape
Question 20: A. police B. system C. woman D. novel
Question 21: A. attract B. amaze C. offer D. require
Question 22: A. delicate B. promotion C. volcanic D. resources
Question 23: A. figure B. honest C. polite D. happy
Question 24: A. engage B. import C. conserve D. maintain
Question 25: A. original B. responsible C. reasonable D. comparison
Question 26: A. person B. hotel C. signal D. instance
Question 27: A. situation B. appropriate C. informality D. entertainment
Question 28: A. different B. bamboo C. rainfall D. wildlife
Question 29: A. gorilla B. interesting C. September D. opponent
Question 30: A. promote B. precede C. picture D. pollute
Question 31: A. exciting B. impolite C. attention D. attractive
Question 32: A. curious B. receive C. unique D. achieve
Question 33: A. comprehend B. entertain C. develop D. introduce
Question 34: A. consider B. concentrate C. interest D. sacrifice
Question 35: A. pollutant B. graduate C. enjoyable D. suspicious
Question 36: A. generous B. endangered C. horrible D. wonderful
Question 37: A. history B. village C. surprise D. physics
Question 38: A. deafness B. arrange C. absorb D. exhaust
Question 39: A. pressure B. sensible C. treatment D. canal
Question 40: A. publish B. predict C. reply D. refuse
Question 41: A. machine B. export C. chemist D. proceed
Question 42: A. applicant B. preference C. sufficient D. appointment
Question 43: A. interview B. concentrate C. comfortable D. technology
Question 44: A. example B. happiness C. advantage D. disaster
Question 45: A. explain B. involve C. swallow D. control
Question 46: A. character B. guitarist C. astronaut D. bachelor
Question 47: A. surgeon B. conquest C. profit D. canal
Question 48: A. supply B. consist C. happen D. delay
Question 49: A. broaden B. persuade C. reduce D. explain
Question 50: A. solidarity B. effectively C. documentary D. dedication
Question 51: A. royal B. unique C. remote D. extreme
Question 52: A. enroll B. promote C. require D. danger
Question 53: A. optimistic B. diversity C. environment D. assimilate
Question 54: A. affectionate B. kindergarten C. respectable D. occasional
Question 55: A. certificate B. compulsory C. remember D. information
Question 56: A. treasure B. appoint C. advance D. diverse
Question 57: A. conceal B. contain C. conserve D. conquer
Question 58: A. forgettable B. philosophy C. humanism D. objectively
Question 59: A. centralize B. candidate C. applicant D. motivation
Question 60: A. compass B. campus C. comfort D. command
15/08/2021 | 0 Trả lời
1. This company employs two hundred
2. My brother does exercises every day.
3. People speak English in almost every corner of the world.
4. After class, one of the students always erases the chalk board.
5. Nobody in this village believes his story.
6. Somebody is cleaning the room at the moment.
7. They are building a house at present.
8. Two strange people are following us.
9. What books are you reading this year ?
10. He is painting the living room again now.
11. Somebody has already taken some of my books away.
12. They have provided the victims with food and clothing.
13. Nobody has ever treated me with such kindness.
14. Science and technology have completely changed human life.
15. He has made no mistakes in his composition so far.
16. The teacher gave each of us two exercise books.
17. They gave up the research after three hours.
18. The detective saw the woman putting the jewelry in her bag
19. They never made us do anything we didn’t want to do.
20. A violent storm destroyed the fishing village last night.
21. The chief engineer was instructing all the workers of the plant.
22. Martha was delivering the documents to the department.
23. My father was watering the garden when I came home from work
24. Someone was cleaning the room when we arrived.
25. She was doing her homework in her room at 8 p.m last night.
26. The company had ordered some new equipment before the strike began.
27. The delegates had received the information before the recess.
28. The doctor had seen ten patients by eight o’clock this morning.
29. The architect had a few days off after he had finished the plans for the new high school.
30. The professor had reviewed the material before he gave the quiz.
16/08/2021 | 0 Trả lời
18/08/2021 | 0 Trả lời
Stressful atmospheres, (1) _______ of deadlines and long hours dominate office life, according to a survey published recently.
The majority of those questioned said a good salary and career (2) _______ were their main reason for working. But (3) _______ numbers did not believe their employers offered either. In general the survey found that most felt that (4) _______ of life was more important than status and company perks. Most would prefer employers to offer (5) _______ hours, challenging tasks and job security rather than perks such as company cars and private health care. Many employers’ (6) _______ to understand this meant more than a third worried about their work on holiday, and 40 per cent took days off (7) _______when not ill.
Workers were also irritated by the conditions they had to work in. A fifth struggled with (8) _______ technology, badly lit offices and chairs which caused backache. Half said their (9) _______ would increase if their environment improved.
On the plus side, the biggest compensation was the friendship offered by colleagues, and it appears that the office also affords the chance to flirt with colleagues, make (10) _______ calls to friends abroad, steal stationery and play computer games.
1.A. weight B. force C. heaviness D. pressure
2.A. outlooks B. odds C. prospects D. views
3.A. important B. impressive C. heavy D. significant
4.A. quality B. calibre C. excellence D. worth
5.A. pliable B. elastic C. amenable D. flexible
6.A. failure B. defeat C. deficiency D. lack
7.A. indisposed B. unwell C. injured D. sick
8.A. behind the times B. expired C. out-of-date D. invalid
9.A. fertility B. capacity C. value D. productivity
10.A. idiosyncratic B. unique C. personal D. individual
25/08/2021 | 0 Trả lời
1. she was soon__ again(healthy/well)
2. the government always promote the preservation of__monuments(historic/historical)
3. i was__to get out of this room(thankful/graceful)
4. i gave the child a__on my back(ride/lift)
5. i have used written and__material(aural/oral)
6. jenny paused for__(breath/breathe)
7. i may have to stay there__(awhile/a while)
03/09/2021 | 0 Trả lời
Have you watched the movie I gave you yesterday already?
14/09/2021 | 0 Trả lời