Chọn đáp án thích hợp
1.we're going to try to keep......as we grow older
a.act b.active c.action d.activity
2.the.........of policy is not our business-our job is to put it into practice
a.determine b.to determine c.determination d.determined
Trả lời (6)
1/ B. active; 2/ C. determinationbởi Chu Xuân 16/05/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
2. Cbởi Love Linkin'Park 02/07/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
1B , 2Cbởi Nguyễn Xuân Hoàng 26/08/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
2.Cbởi Thắng Phạm 28/08/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
2. bbởi Vũ Minh Khang 01/09/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
2Abởi Mai Thanh Xuân 22/09/2019Like (0) Báo cáo sai phạm
Nếu bạn hỏi, bạn chỉ thu về một câu trả lời.
Nhưng khi bạn suy nghĩ trả lời, bạn sẽ thu về gấp bội!
Lưu ý: Các trường hợp cố tình spam câu trả lời hoặc bị báo xấu trên 5 lần sẽ bị khóa tài khoản
Video HD đặt và trả lời câu hỏi - Tích lũy điểm thưởng
Các câu hỏi có liên quan
Jane looks beautifully in her new dress
20/03/2019 | 6 Trả lời
Exercise 1: Choose among A, B, C, or D the one that best fits each of the blanks.
(CAMBRIDGE FIRST CERTIFICATE)
1. The technological and economic changes of the 19th century had a marked_________ on workers
A. cause B. effect C. impact D. consequence
2. The government_________ the flood victims with food, clothes and money.
A. gave B. provided C. offered D. presented
3. More and more people_________ of food poisoning nowadays
A. exist B. survive C. die D. starve
4. The first sign of vitamin A disorder is night_________.
A. loss of sight B. lack of vision C. invisibility D. blindness
5. When you take ice out of the freezer, it_________ .
A. melts B. dissolves C. softens D. disappears
6. There are many_________ of pollution in our modern world
A. resources B. sources C. bases D. foundation
7. Many people_________ that natural resources will never be use up
A. view B. regard C. consider D. believe
8. Using the computer competently is an important_________ to help one get a good job.
A. reason B. aspect C. factor D. issue
9. George wants £1000 for his car, but I don’t think it’s_________ as much as that.
A. worth B. cost C. valued D. priced
10. “Did Jenny say anything about her sister?”-No, she didn’t_________ her at all.
A. remind B. remark C. refer D. mention
11. He just couldn't open the jar__________ hard he tired.
A. even B. moreover C. whatever D. however
12. Our football team lost__________ three goals to nil.
A. with B. by C. in D. to
13. She is__________ to leave as soon as possible.
A. anxious B. cautious C. nervous D. worried
14. I don't__________ locking the door.
A. forget B. remember C. accept D. remind
15. Come__________, children! Get your coats on or you'll be late for school.
A. along B. over C. across D. to
16. She tried to prevent the dog__________ running into the road.
A. for B. from C. to D. against
17. The students were low to catch__________, gut gradually they began to understand.
A. in B. away C. out D. on
18. Some of the passengers spoke to reporters about their__________ in the burning plane.
A. happening B. occasion C. event D. experience
19. Please leave this space__________ on the enrolment form.
A. blank B. missing C. undone D. absent
20. A good friend will__________ you when you're having problems.
A. stand by B. stand out for C. stand against D. stand in
21. You shouldn't have criticized him in front of his friends. It was extremely__________ of you.
A. unfortunate B. insensitive C. unconscious D. insensible
22. The job was more difficult than I__________ expected it to be.
A. might B. would C. have D. had
23. We had so many problems with the car that__________ we sold it and bought a new one.
A. to the end B. by the end C. at the end D. in the end
24. His parents think it's time he__________ married.
A. gets B. would get C. will get D. got
25. He__________ me to buy my air ticket immediately or it would be too late.
A. suggested B. convinced C. insisted D. advised
26. You will become ill__________ you stop working so hard.
A. until B. if C. unless D. when
27.__________ I ask him for the money he owes me, he says he will bring it in a few days, but I don't think he has got it at all.
A. However B. Wherever C. Whatever D. Whenever
28. It was impossible for her to tell the truth so she had to__________ a story.
A. combine B. invent C. lie D. manager
29. He is very stubborn, so it will be difficult to__________ him to go.
A. make B. suggest C. persuade D. prevent
30. I hope he's__________ to buy some bread; there's hardly any left.
A. reminded B. proposed C. remembered D. suggested
31. It's__________ long time since he last saw his brothers and sisters.
A. such a B. too C. very D. so
32. The dentist told him to open his mouth__________.
A. broad B. wide C. much D. greatly
33. The children didn't know the__________ by which the game was played.
A. customs B. orders C. rules D. facts
34. Wait__________ you get home before you unpack your parcel.
A. until B. after C. to D. when
35. His parents never allowed him__________.
A. to smoke B. a smoking C. some smoked D. smoking
36. The child was told to__________ for being rude to his uncle.
A. forgive B. apologize C. excuse D. confess
37. This is the__________ of the bicycle which was stolen.
A. information B. detail C. example D. description
38. Some drives, after__________ annoy their fellow-motorists by slowing down again immediately.
A. passing along B. passing by C. overtaking D. taking over
39. It is__________ unlikely that the Queen agree to open the new Town Hall.
A. greatly B. highly C. mainly D. largely
40. I don't think he'll ever__________ the shock of his wife's death.
A. get by B. get over C. get off D. get through
41. Some school have very__________ rules of behavior which must be obeyed.
A. strict B. strong C. straight D. solid
42. It was difficult to__________ a date which was convenient for everyone.
A. organize B. arrange C. elect D. provide
43. It's difficult to pay one's bills when prices keep__________.
A. growing B. raising C. rising D. gaining
44. You may not have to stay the night but take a toothbrush just in__________.
A. preparation B. case C. time D. order
45. She remembered the correct address only__________ she had posted the letter.
A. since B. following C. after D. afterwards
46. The shops are always__________ of people at Christmas time.
A. stuffed B. full C. crowded D. busy
47. I think he is unwell; he was complaining__________ a headache this morning.
A. of B. at C. from D. against
48. I'm afraid a rise in salary is__________ just now.
A. out of the question B. out of control C. out of date D. out of sight
49. British Leyland is aiming to push__________ its share of UK car sales to 25% over the next two years.
A. through B. out C. on D. up
50. In pain as a result of the fall, he__________ slowly home.
A. sped B. limped C. stepped D. wound
51. He had to leave his family__________ when he went abroad to work.
A. behind B. at a loss C. at all costs D. out
52. No child__________ the age of sixteen will be admitted to this film.
A. below B. except C. before D. lacking
53. I have lived near the railway for so long now that I've grown__________ to the noise of the trains.
A. familiar B. accustomed C. aware D. unconscious
54. The young soldier__________ a dangerous mission across the desert, although he knew that he might be killed.
A. entered B. undertook C. agreed D. promised
55. From the hotel there is a good__________ of the mountains.
A. view B. sight C. vision D. picture
56. There is a fault at our TV station. Please do not__________ your set.
A. repair B. change C. adjust D. switch
57. It is usually better not to__________ things, in case they are not returned.
A. offer B. lend C. borrow D. lose
58. She applied for training as a pilot, but they turned her__________ because of her poor eyesight.
A. down B. over C. up D. back
59. I lost too much money betting at the races last time, so you won't__________ me to go again.
A. impress B. urge C. convince D. persuade
60. We've__________ of time to catch the train so there's no need to rush.
A. great deal B. enough C. very much D. plenty
61.__________ goes the bus; now we will have to walk!
A. Early B. There C. At once D. On time
62. The police have asked that__________ who saw the accident should get in touch with them.
A. somebody B. someone C. anyone D. one
63. As the streets of our cities become busier, people are turning more and to the__________ bicycle.
A. historical B. old aged C. elderly D. old fashioned
64. We'll play tennis and__________ we'll have lunch
A. then B. straight away C. so D. immediately
65.__________ of all of us who are here tonight. I would like to thank Mr. Jones for his talk.
A. On behalf B. On account C. In person D. Instead
66. He soon received promotion, for his superior realized that he was a man of considerable__________.
A. opportunity B. ability C. possibility D. future
67. Take the number 7 bus and get__________ at Forest Road.
A. off B. up C. down D. outside
68. Some people think it is__________ to use long and little-known words.
A. sensitive B. clever C. intentional D. skilled
69. Don't touch the cat, he may__________ you.
A. scratch B. kick C. tear D. scream
70. These old houses are going to be__________ soon.
A. run down B. knocked out C. pulled down D. laid out
71. The house is__________ at the corner of a busy street.
A. put B. stood C. placed D. situated
72. You must be careful when you wash this__________ silk blouse.
A. delicate B. weak C. feeble D. sensitive
73. The stolen jewels were__________ a lot of money.
A. worth B. priced C. valued D. cost
74. Would you be__________ to hold the door open?
A. too kind B. as kind C. kind enough D. so kind
75. He couldn't make the radio__________.
A. work B. to work C. working D. worked
76. I__________ do that if I were you.
A. won't B. don't C. shan't D. wouldn't
77. While studying he was financially dependent__________ his wife.
A. of B. to C. from D. on
78. He often__________ about his expensive car.
A. boasts B. shows C. prides D. praised
79. She isn't__________ well with the new manager.
A. going on B. getting on C. keeping on D. taking on
80. What do you mean, he's watching television? He's__________ to be washing the car.
A. hoped B. thought C. supposed D. expected
81. This wet weather has lasted for three weeks now;__________ rained every single day.
A. it has B. it was C. there was D. there has
82. Scientists have discovered a close__________ between smoking and several serious diseases.
A. combination B. union C. connection D. action
83. The__________ thing about traveling by train rather than by car is that you can sleep or reading during the journey.
A. enjoyable B. enjoyment C. enjoying D. enjoyed
84. He__________ very quickly after his illness.
A. recovered B. uncovered C. discovered D. covered
85. I couldn't resist having another slice of cake even__________ I was supposed to be losing weight.
A. otherwise B. although C. though D. however
86. Surely David's not going to drive,__________ he?
A. isn't B. will C. does D. is
87. By the time you receive this letter, I__________ for Japan.
A. have left B. will have left C. will leave D. would have left
88. The president__________ his intention to retire before the next election.
A. told B. announced C. informed D. promised
89. You will never finish that job by tomorrow morning unless you__________ some help.
A. would get B. get C. will get D. will have got
90. The firemen brought several long__________ to try to reach those trapped on the roof.
A. staircases B. steps C. ladders D. stairs
91. There is always__________ traffic in the city centre at rush hour.
A. full B. heavy C. many D. strong
92. We would very much__________ a reply by the end of the month.
A. require B. value C. expect D. appreciate
93. I took someone else's coat from the cloakroom by__________.
A. mistake B. forgetfulness C. fortune D. error
94. I am sorry I pined your handbag but I__________ it for mine.
A. mistook B. imagined C. recognized D. confused
95. Many accidents in the home could be__________ if householders gave more thought to safety in their houses.
A. avoided B. preserved C. protected D. excluded
96. Jenny and her sister are so__________ they could almost be twins.
A. likeness B. the same C. same D. alike
97. If you want to be healthy, you should cut__________ on your smoking.
98. I hope we will be able to avoid__________ anyone.
99. He was clearly nervous; he was sitting right on the__________ of his chair.
100. There were over 30.000__________ at the match.
101. You'll__________ yourself a lot of time if you take the car.
A. save B. spend C. make D. spare
102. You will spend at least one year working abroad__________ you can find out how things operate overseas.
A. as long as B. so as to C. because D. so that
103. Despite her undoubted ability at tennis, she never became the__________ of the local tennis club.
A. member B. winner C. champion D. partner
104. There's__________ to be frightened of the dog; he's quite harmless.
A. no fear B. no need C. any reason D. a fear
105. Although he was completely__________ as a furniture maker, he produced the most beautiful chairs.
A. incapable B. unable C. untrained D. uneducated
106. It was very difficult for the inspector to__________ what recommendations he should make.
A. decide B. settle C. solve D. realize
107. When he heard the terrible noise he asked me what was__________ on.
A. happening B. going C. ting D. being
108. The managers agreed to__________ the question of payment.
A. control B. discuss C. increase D. balance
109. Her guest apologized for causing her so much__________.
A. damage B. complication C. problem D. trouble
110. If__________ it would stop raining for a morning, we could cut the grass.
A. ever B. even C. just D. only
111. When she was crossing the room the night nurse happened to notice the old lady__________ to get out of bed.
A. tried B. to try C. has tried D. trying
112. Children with__________ diseases should not be allowed to go to school.
A. constant B. infectious C. contact D. influential
113. I would like to offer a small__________ to anyone who finds my missing dog.
A. expense B. repayment C. receipt D. reward
114. When we visited the zoo on Sunday afternoon it was very crowded but on a weekday. It's practically__________.
A. full B. uncrowded C. clear D. empty
115. She walked to the__________ of the swimming pool and jumped in.
A. start B. extent C. side D. border
116. The three friends all__________ for the same job.
A. applied B. intended C. requested D. referred
117. Don't think that red dress__________ her.
A. suits B. matches C. cheers D. agrees
118. I had no__________ that the divorce rate was so high in this country.
A. idea B. understanding C. doubt D. knowledge
119. After closing the envelope, the secretary__________ the stamps on firmly.
A. stuck B. struck C. sucked D. licked
120. The patient__________ to listen to his doctor's advice.
A. hindered B. resigned C. refused D. lacked
121. The purpose of the examination was to__________ the student's knowledge of the subject.
A. inspect B. prove C. try D. test
122. We have no__________ in our files of your recent letter to the tax office.
A. list B. memory C. account D. record
123. Yesterday the naval authorities__________ the reports in Friday' newspapers that they had explored three bombs near an unknown submarine.
A. published B. confirmed C. re-started D. agreed
124. The station clock is not as__________ as it should be; it is usually between one and two minutes fast.
A. certain B. strict C. accurate D. true
125. It is__________ knowledge in the village that Mr. and Mrs. Thorne quarrel violently several times a week.
A. usual B. complete C. common D. normal
126.__________ people go to football matches now than twenty years ago.
A. Lesser B. Fewer C. Few D. Less
127. But why did the police suspect you? It just does not make__________ to me.
A. truth B. reason C. sense D. right
128. When he spoke over the telephone, his voice was so__________ that I could hardly hear him.
A. dull B. dim C. faint D. unnoticeable
129. Don't worry about trying to catch the last train home, as we can easily__________ you up for the night.
A. take B. set C. keep D. put
130. I must tell you about my__________ when I first arrived in London.
A. happenings B. experiences C. events D. incidents
131. I have been looking for this book for months, and__________ I have found it.
A. at last B. at the end C. at present D. in time
132. My wife and I have much pleasure in__________ the invitation to your daughter's wedding.
A. thanking B. taking C. welcoming D. accepting
133. They tell me he is__________ a lot of money in his new job.
A. having B. earning C. profiting D. gaining
134. Hello. Is that 21035? Please put me__________ to the manager.
A. across B. over C. up D. through
135. He was very upset by the__________ of his English examination.
A. failure B. result C. success D. effect
136. I knew him__________ I was a child.
A. until B. when C. during D. as
137. You really can't__________ a thing that woman says!
A. imagine B. believe C. rely D. count
138. The new factory must be finished__________ as the profitability of the company depends on it.
A. in times B. for a time C. on time D. at time
139. She was unable to warn her mother that she would be late because the telephone was__________.
A. out of work B. off work C. out of order D. off duty
140. His performance was__________ the audience was delighted.
A. imperfect B. unmarked C. faultless D. worthless
141. Wild ducks always fly in a definite__________.
A. formation B. shape C. figure D. formula
142. I walked away as calmly as I could__________ they thought I was the thief.
A. to avoid B. or else C. in case D. owing to
143. Two other__________ in his argument for his country's independence are worth a mention.
A. reports B. effects C. points D. notices
144. I have ever__________ any experience of living in the country.
A. had B. wished C. made D. done
145. He's such a naughty child. It's amazing what his mother lets him__________ way with.
A. get B. make C. do D. go
146. A railway bridge is already__________ over the river.
A. in construction B. being built C. erecting D. been erected
147. Of course I'm a Christian__________ I expect everyone who works here to be a Christian too.
A. and B. but C. since D. then
148. The teacher__________ them the answer to the question.
A. discussed B. said C. explained D. told
149. I have absolutely no doubt__________ the innocence of the accused.
A. about B. with C. over D. on
150. All students leaving college at the end of term must leave their addresses so that letters can be sent__________.
A. through B. to C. on D. forward
151. The little girl wouldn't go into the sea__________ her father went to.
A. except B. but C. also D. unless
152. I__________ my friend to lend me his caravan for my trip to the country.
A. proposed B. convinced C. suggested D. persuaded
153. Having__________ the table, Mrs. Roberts called the family for supper.
A. completed B. ordered C. laid D. spread
154. Could you please tell me if you have any electrical typewriters__________?
A. in store B. in stock C. in order D. in supply
155. Paris lies__________ the river Seine.
A. on B. next C. over D. at
156. Mary Smith decided to give up her job for the__________ of the children.
A. reason B. sake C. care D. concern
157. He liked to sit__________ the river and fish.
A. along B. next C. at D. beside
158. She heated the chocolate until it__________ then pour it over the cake.
A. changed B. formed C. melted D. flooded
159. John swims very well and__________ does his brother.
A. too B. even C. also D. so
160. He got out of bed and took a few__________ but couldn't go any farther.
A. actions B. stages C. starts D. steps
161. This is not the right__________ to ask for my help; I am far too busy even to listen.
A. circumstance B. moment C. opportunity D. situation
162. He played an active__________ in politics until he was well over 80.
A. job B. scene C. position D. part
163. On the__________ to the town there is a beautiful wood.
A. way B. entrance C. street D. direction
164. This morning the postman was__________ down the street by my dog.
A. run B. sped C. chased D. hunted
165. The party,__________ I was the guest of honor, was extremely enjoyable.
A. to which B. at which C. for which D. by which
166. Because it rained very heavily all day they had to__________ the garden party until the following Sunday.
A. prearrange B. rearrange C. postpone D. preserve
167. I'll have to__________ to you, otherwise he will hear.
A. whistle B. say C. whisper D. shout
168. He retired early__________ ill health.
A. in front of B. ahead of C. on account of D. on behalf of
169. He hit the vase with his elbow and it__________ to the floor.
A. broke B. smashed C. knocked D. crashed
170. The train will be leaving in five minutes so you__________ better hurry up.
A. will B. had C. would D. should
171. There was nothing they could do__________ leave the car at the roadside where it had broken down.
A. unless B. but C. instead of D. than
172. The bus was so late reaching the station that I__________ missed my train.
A. soon B. entirely C. almost D. already
173. Driving in London is supposed to be confusing but I didn't find it at__________ difficult.
A. first B. once C. all D. least
174. The factory paid__________ nearly a million pounds to their employees who were injured in the explosion.
A. back B. out C. off D. in
175. I was just__________ to go out when you telephoned.
A. thinking B. around C. planned D. about
176. Take this road and you will__________ at the hotel in five minutes.
A. reach B. find C. come D. arrive
177. The job of student lodgings officer__________ a great many visits to landladies.
A. offers B. concerns C. asks D. involves
178. The young girl carefully__________ left and right before crossing the road.
A. stared B. looked C. glanced D. watched
179. He drives so quickly that I am afraid that one day he will__________ someone crossing the street.
A. knock down B. crash down C. turn over D. run across
180. I have often__________ why they went to live abroad.
A. puzzled B. surprised C. wondered D. thought
mọi người giúp em với ạ , em cảm ơn nhiều, em cần gấp ạ
29/12/2018 | 0 Trả lời
write a pasage about your unforgetable experience
09/12/2018 | 3 Trả lời
viết 1 đoạn văn kể về 1 cuộc thi mà bạn muốn tham gia và nêu lí do
06/12/2018 | 3 Trả lời
If you are ( experience ), you won't be offered tomorrow
30/11/2018 | 7 Trả lời
(Finish) all my exercises, i went to bed.
30/11/2018 | 11 Trả lời
I. Viết lại câu sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi.
1. My head seems to be on fire now.
> I feel as if........................
2. I had a feeling that I was walking in the air.
> I felt as through................
3. Bill doesn't work hard.
> I'd rather......................
4. He spend his money like a prince.
> he spend his money as if.............................
5. You speak like a prophet.
> You speak as through....................
6. He had no sooner drunk a cup of coffee than he began to feel drowsy.
> No sooner.......................
7. He should call me on the phone.
> It's time.............................
8. In countries like Britain the weather changes all time.
> In countries like Britain the weather..........................
9. I would like the school holiday to be longer.
> I wish....................................
10. If we had more rain, our crops would be better.
11. The crops would have been ruined, if the flood had risen higher.
12. If you had not sneezed, he wouldn't have known that we were.
13. I last saw him when I was a student.
> I haven't ...................................
14. Do you have any experience of driving this kind of car?
> Have you ....................................................
15. During my dinner, the phone rang.
16. David left the party before we arrived there.
> When ...............................................
17. In the middle of our sleep, there was a knock at the door.
> When ..........................................
18. James spoke to his lawyer before signing the contract.
> James didn't ...............................................
19. I haven't come there for two years.
> I last .........................................
20. I have studied E for seve years.
> I started ...............................
21. Steve started working for this company five years ago.
> Steve has..................................................
II. Tìm lỗi sai và sửa lỗi
1. If Jack had not been honest, he would have returned the money
A B C D
2. I'll be at the cinema on time unless I'll have to work overtime.
A B C D
3. If I die, please to inform my wife.
A B C D
III. Chia dạng đúng của từ cho trong ngoặc.
1. The weather ( generally, get) hot in July.
2. You must wake her up. She (sleep) soundly for 10 hours.
3. When I (go) out, the sun (shine) .
4. The light ( go) out while I (have) tea.
5. When it (rain) , she (carry) an umbrella.
6. We (walk) to the station when it (begin) to rain.
7. he (teach) E for 2 months when he (live) in Germany and ( work) as a journalist.
8. The house (burn) fast, so we ( break) the window to get out.
9. He (eat) three sandwiches while you (talk) to him.
10. The servant (drop) two cups while she (wash up) last night; neither of them (break) .
11. He (thank) me for what I (do) for him.
12. When I (arrive) , the dinner (already, begin) .
13. In England, he soon (remember) all he (learn) .
14. They (tell) him they (not meet) him before.
15. We (go) out when the rain (stop) .
16. Wait until I (catch) you .
17. I (be) ready before you (count) ten .
18. John must eat breakfast before he (go) out .
19. Miss helen (help) you as soon as she (finish) that letter.
20. he (tell) you when you (get) there.
21. She (not come) until you (be) ready.
22. I (come) and (see) you before I (leave) for England.
25/11/2018 | 3 Trả lời
13. shy people often find it difficult to........ group discussions.
A. take place in
B. take part in
c. get on with
D. get in
14. I am ....... to come to the meeting on Monday evening, please apologise for my absence
16. .........that he was poor, I offered to pay his fare
D. having knew
17. .........photographs of the place, i had no fesire to go there
D. having seen
18. I hate..... a child.....
C. seeing/ to cry
25/11/2018 | 2 Trả lời
1. Michael took a deep breath and dived into the water
2. the unemployment rate has risen slowly over the last six month.
3. it is a difficult question. i am trying to puzzle it out. nobody has answered it yet.
--> the difficult question that....
4. two new suits are being made for him
--> he is...
5. the Pacific ocean is on average deeper than the Atlantic
--> the average...
08/10/2018 | 0 Trả lời
1. No one have solved such a difficult problem.
a. have b. solved c. such d. difficult
2. Ordinary Americans are friendly and not afraid to show its feelings.
a. Ordinary b. are c. not d. its
3. The workers are building a new bridge which is 150 meters in high.
a. building b. a new bridge c. which d. high
4. You wanted me to tell you about what I was doing here and how was my life.
a. to tell b. about c. was doing d. was
5. Alfafia is a nutrious crop rich in proteins, minerals, and with vitamins.
A B C D
06/10/2018 | 6 Trả lời