Dưới đây là Đề tham khảo cho kì thi HSG Tiếng Anh 10 - THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh do HỌC247 tổng hợp và biên soạn lại.
ĐỀ THI HSG TIẾNG ANH 10 THAM KHẢO
THPT CHUYÊN BẮC NINH
A. PHONETICS (10p)
Question 1: Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from those of the other words. Write your answers in the numbered blanks provided below (5p)
1. A. random B. canal C. many D. explanatory
2. A. good B. moon C. food D. balloon
3. A. provide B. product C. production D. procedure
4. A. kite B. bite C. Christian D. Christ
5. A. voltage B. voyage C. massage D. dosage
Question 2: Choose the word whose stress pattern is differently from those of the other words. Write your answers in the numbered blanks provided below (5p)
1. A. argumentative B. psychological
C. contributory D. hypersensitive
2. A. atomic B. brilliant
C. determined D. ambitious
3. A. trigonometry B. explanatory
C. immediately D. democracy
4. A. photograph B. payroll
C. accent D. regretful
5. A. majority B. ceremony
C. astronomy D. investiture
B. GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (20p)
Question 3: Give the correct tense/ form of the verbs in the brackets. Write your answers in the numbered blanks provided below (10p)
1. It’s time we (go). If we (not leave) now, we (miss) the train.
2. I know I (not write) to you before, but I (be) so busy recently that I (not have) time for writing letters. I (telephone) you instead, but I (forget) your number.
3. Why didn’t you tell me you could lend me the money? I (not borrow) it from the bank.
4. He is walking (hurry) to the place where his ex-wife, a famous naturalist now (lie) (bury) among the animals she (love) so much.
5. We will see Alice at the corner, she (wait) for us when we (arrive).
6. He resents (be) (tell) what (do).
7. Her mother (go) abroad last month, so it (not be) her you see at the theater last Sunday.
Question 7: Read the following passage and choose the best answer. Write your answers in the numbered blanks provided below the passage. (10p)
As Christmas evolved in the United States, new customs were adopted and many old ones were reworked. The legend of Santa Claus, for example, had origins in Europe and was brought by Dutch settlers to New York in the early 18th century. Traditionally, Santa Claus - from the Dutch Sinter Klaas - was depicted as a tall, dignified, religious figure riding a white horse through the air. Known as Saint Nicholas in Germany, he was usually accompanied by Black Peter, an elf who punished disobedient children. In North America he eventually developed into a fat, jolly old gentleman who had neither the religious attributes of Saint Nicholas nor the strict disciplinarian character of Black Peter.
Santa’s transformation began in 1823, when a New York newspaper published the poem A Visit from Saint Nicholas, which Clement Clark Moore had written to amuse his daughter. The poem introduced many Americans to the story of a kindly saint who flew over housetops in a reindeer-drawn sleigh. Portraits and drawings of Santa Claus by American illustrator Thomas Nast further strengthened the legend during the second half of the 19th century. Living at the North Pole and assisted by elves, the modern Santa produced and delivered toys to all good children. By the late 19th century he had become such a prominent figure of American folklore that in 1897, when Virginia O’Hanlon wrote to the New York Sun newspaper asking if Santa was real, she received a direct answer: “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus”.
1. Who brought the legend of Santa Claus to the USA according to the passage?
A. Sinter Klaas
B. Saint Nicholas
C. A German
D. Dutch settlers
2. Santa Claus was traditionally described as a ..........
A. tall man who could walk through the air.
B. fat, jolly, old man.
C. religious figure.
D. fat man riding a white horse.
3. Santa Claus in North America was depicted as ...
A. a man with the strict disciplinarian character of Black Peter.
B. a good old man with less religious character.
C. one with religious attributes of Saint Nicholas.
D. a jolly man on horseback.
4. Who was Black Peter?
A. an elf accompanying Saint Nicholas.
C. one of the disobedient children.
B. an elf who rode a white horse.
D. a popular traditional figure.
Trên đây là trích dẫn tài liệu Đề thi HSG Tham khảo tiếng Anh 10 THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh. Để xem đầy đủ nội dung và đáp án chi tiết các em vui lòng đăng nhập website học247.net chọn Xem online hoặc Tải về. Chúc các em học tốt!