Mời các em cùng HỌC247 luyện tập và thực hành thêm một số kỹ năng đọc hiểu, ngữ pháp và từ vựng qua một số bài tập trắc nghiệm Test Yourself B trong chương trình tiếng Anh lớp 11. Chúc các em thực hành hiệu quả!
Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (15 câu):
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Instructors at American colleges and universities use many different teaching methods. Some instructors give assignments every day. They grade homework. Students in their classes have to take many quizzes, a midterm exam, and a final text. Other' instructors give only writing assignments. Some teachers always follow a course outline and usually use the text book. Others send students to the library for assignments.
The atmosphere in some classrooms is very formal. Students call their instructors 'Professor Smith,' 'Mrs Jones,' and so on. Some teachers wear business clothes and give lectures. Other classrooms have an informal atmosphere. Students and teachers discuss their ideas. Instructors dress informally, and students call them by their first names. American teachers are not alike in their teaching styles.
At most American colleges and universities, facilities for learning and recreation are available to students. Students can often use type-writers, tape recorders, video machines, and computers at libraries and learning centers. They can buy books, notebooks, and other things at campus stores. They can get advice on their problems from counselors and individual help with their classes from tutors. Students can relax and have fun on campus, too. Some schools have swimming pools and tennis courts. Most have snack bars or cafeterias.
- A. do not grade homework
- B. never follow a course outline
- C. teach in their own ways
- D. do not give students quizzes and exams
- A. American students can call their teachers by their first name.
- B. The atmosphere in American classrooms is always relaxed and friendly.
- C. American teachers are never allowed to dress informally.
- D. The atmosphere in American classrooms is always formal.
- A. clothes that only business people wear
- B. trendy clothes
- C. casual clothes
- D. formal clothes
- A. buy anything they want at campus stores
- B. ask their counselors and tutors for advice
- C. use computers that are linked to libraries
- D. have tutors and counselors solve their problems
- A. They are well equipped.
- B. They have stores on campus.
- C. They have no recreational facilities.
- D. They offer sports and leisure facilities' for students.
Choose the best sentence (a, b, c, or d) made from the given cues.
- A. Providing your handwriting is legible, the test scorer does not accept your answer.
- B. Provided for your legible handwriting, the test scorer has to accept your answer.
- C. Provided that your handwriting is legible, your answer will be accepted by any test scorer.
- D. Providing with your legible handwriting, every test scorer must accept your answer.
- A. I advised him ask a bus conductor to tell him where he gets off.
- B. I advised him to ask bus conductor to tell him where he gets off.
- C. I advised him to ask the bus conductor telling him where to get off.
- D. I advised him to ask the bus conductor to tell him where to get off.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
- A. keep on
- B. set up
- C. put off
- D. carry out
- A. to break
- B. breaking
- C. for breaking
- D. having broken
- A. not caring
- B. of not caring
- C. for not caring
- D. not to care
- A. Waiting
- B. Having waited
- C. Being waited
- D. Waited
- A. judges
- B. contestants
- C. sponsors
- D. winners
- A. deposit
- B. donate
- C. raise
- D. exchange
I was ______ to find that the film was quite.
- A. surprised - frightening
- B. surprised - frightened
- C. surprising - frightening
- D. surprising - frightened
I often ______ of being famous when I was younger.
- A. accused
- B. dreamed
- C. pretended
- D. assured