Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
With increasing development and use of computer technology, there is a new disease to worry about. Computer “viruses”, programs designed to sabotage computers, are infecting computers in corporations, homes, and universities. These viruses spread exponentailly, much like biological contagion, and then disrupt the affected systems. The virus secretly attaches itself to other programs and can then delete or alter files. The damage is generally activated by using computer’s clock. Then, any, program that is executed may be exposesd to the virus, including programs spread through telephone connections. Because of the increasing incident of virus infiltration, business and agencies are becoming wary of sharing software. Security policies need to be increased as immunity programs.
Another problem relating to computers is computer crime. The increased use of computers in business has been accompanied by a corresponding increase in computer crime. Computers are used in business, in ever-increasing numbers to store, process and distribute information. At the same time, thefts by computer are on the rise. The costs to the victims of computer crime are very high. In his book, Crime by computer, computer expert Donn B. parker estimated htat financial losses to business from computer thefts exceeded $10 billion in 1978. Although Parker’s estimate is based on documented cases, no one really knows the extent of computer crime because thefts by computers are almost impossible to discover. Parker stated that there was no reliable way to detect computer thefts. It was not just the money they controlled; they controlled data, and data was power.Câu hỏi:
The most people interested in reading this passage would probally be …………………
- A. government officials
- B. teachers
- C. doctors
- D. computer users
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: D
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Safe birth-control methods for family planning is not available to eveyone.
- The return to traditional family values are a reaction against the permissiveness of recent decades.
- My father always dreamt of become a doctor but his family was too poor to send him to school.
- If John ____________ the plane, he would be here by now.
- If the police arrest you, don’t say __________ until your lawyer gets there.
- We strongly recommend __________ against sickness or injury.
- If you __________ me , I __________ .
- Peter __________ Helen on her new baby.
- You said that the vegetables were fresh, but they didn’t …..fresh to me.
- Tomorrow is our second wedding _________.
- A temple _________here hundreds of years ago.
- By half past ten tomorrow morning I
- Traditionally, Vietnamese people tend to behave to make a favorable impression on the first day of the year.
- Ann hoped________to join the club, she could make important business contacts there.
- She often thinks carefully ______ any questions.
- I apologize to you for not keeping my promise.” - _____”
- Two friends Daisy and Mary are talking. Daisy : -'Let's have a pizza.' Mary: ____________
- In tonight’s quiz, our contestants have come from all over the country.
- He was so happy that he kept grinning all the time.
- Their classmates are writing letters of acceptance.
- Because it was not Sunday, I was surprised at how crowded the shopping mall was.
- They broke with tradition and got maried quietly.
- Remember to lock the door!” my father said.
- The children couldnt go swimming because the sea was too rough.
- We didn’t have enough money. We didn’t go on holiday.
- It was nice of you to invite me to your birthday party. Thanks very much.” Mike said to me.
- The most people interested in reading this passage would probally be …………………
- It is inferred that a commpany can protect itself from the virus by ………………
- The word sabotage” in first paragraph means……
- How do computer viruses cause problems for the affected systems?
- According to the writer, computer crime will increase……………