Exercise 1: Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The search for alternative sources of energy has led in various directions. Many communities are burning garbage and other biological waste products to produce electricity. Converting waste products to gases or oil is also an efficient way to dispose of wastes. Experimental work is being done to derive synthetic fuels from coal, oil shale, and coal tars. But to date, that process has proven expensive. Other experiments are underway to harness power with giant windmills. Geothermal power is also being tested. Some experts expect utility companies to revive hydroelectric power derived from streams and rivers. Fifty years ago hydroelectric power provided one third of the electricity used in the United States, but to day it supplies only 4 percent. The oceans are another potential source of energy. Scientists are studying ways to convert the energy of ocean currents, tides, and waves to electricity. Experiments are also underway to make use of temperature differences in ocean water to produce energy.Câu hỏi:
What is the best title of the passage?
- A. The Use of Water Products for Energy
- B. The Search for Alternative Sources of Energy
- C. Efficient Ways of Disposing of Waste
- D. New Discoveries in Geothermal Power
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: B
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- What is the best title of the passage?
- What provided one third of the electricity in the United States fifty years ago?
- What could Rest replace the phrase geothermal power in the passage?
- Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage as an alternative source of energy?
- According to the author, what is the impracticability of using coal, oil shale and coal tars' as sources of energy due to?
- What can be inferred from the paragraph?