Mời các em tham gia thực hành trắc nghiệm Read Unit 14 tiếng Anh lớp 8 do HỌC247 biên soạn. Chúc các em thực hành hiệu quả!
Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (13 câu):
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
One (1)_____the most famous statues in the (2)_____stands on an island in New York Harbor. This (3)____is, of course, the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is a woman who holds a torch up high. Visitors can go inside the statue. The statue weighs 225 tons and is 301 feet (4)_____.
The Statue of Liberty was put up (5)______1886. It was a gift to the United States from the people of France.
In the years after the statue (6)______ put up, many immigrants came to the United States through New York. As they entered New York Harbor, they (7)____the Statue of Liberty (8)______ up her torch. She symbolized a welcome to a land of freedom.
- A. of
- B. from
- C. between
- D. in
- A. cities
- B. world
- C. earth
- D. countries
- A. statue
- B. harbor
- C. island
- D. statues
- A. height
- B. tall
- C. width
- D. length
- A. at
- B. on
- C. in
- D. since
- A. is
- B. was
- C. is being
- D. Ø
- A. see
- B. saw
- C. have seen
- D. will see
- A. hold
- B. holds
- C. holding
- D. held
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
The Seven Wonders of the World is a widely known list of seven popular sites of classical antiquity.
The earliest known version of the list was compiled in the 2nd century BC by Antipater of Sidon. It only includes works located around the Mediterranean rim where sightseers could typically travel safely.
Of these wonders, the only one that has survived to the present day is the Great Pyramid of Giza. The existence of the Hanging Gardens has not been definitively proven. Records show that the other five wonders were destroyed by natural disasters.
- A. famous
- B. wonderful
- C. amazing
- D. interesting
What is the passage written about?
- A. b. Antipater of Sidon
- B. The seven wonders of the world
- C. The Great Pyramid of Giza
- D. The existence of the Hanging Gardens
- A. was compiled in the 2nd century BC
- B. was compiled by Antipater of Sidon
- C. only includes works located around the Mediterranean rim
- D. all are correct
- A. all of the seven wonders of the world
- B. the Hanging Gardens
- C. only the Great Pyramid of Giza
- D. five of the seven wonders of the world
Which of the following is true?
- A. The seven wonders of the world were destroyed by natural disasters.
- B. The Hanging Gardens has survived to the present day.
- C. The existence of five of the seven wonders of the world has not been definitively proven.
- D. The Seven Wonders of the World is a famous list.