Mời các em thử sức với một số câu hỏi trắc nghiệm Reading Unit 3 tiếng Anh lớp 11. Với dạng bài tập điền từ và chọn đáp án đúng hi vọng sẽ giúp các em rèn luyện và nâng cao kỹ năng đọc hiểu của mình. Chúc các em thực hành hiệu quả!
Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (15 câu):
Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c, or d- that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
If you are invited to someone's house for dinner in the United States, you should (1) _______ a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates. If you give your host a (2) _______ gift, he/she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered (3) _______. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and wants to show his/her (4) ______ to you immediately. (5) _____ the host doesn't like it, he/she will tell a "(6) _____ lie" and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad. If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time, you should not arrive (7) _______ on time or earlier than the (8) _______ time, because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and (9) _______ rude, as the host may not be (10) _______.
- A. take
- B. give
- C. bring
- D. make
- A. unwanted
- B. valuable
- C. unpacked
- A. rude
- B. polite
- C. unpolite
- D. funny
- A. appreciation
- B. admiration
- C. respect
- A. Since
- B. Only if
- C. Even if
- A. great
- B. obvious
- C. delibrate
- A. gradually
- B. exactly
- C. perfectly
- D. recently
- A. expected
- B. permitted
- C. waited
- D. wasted
- A. however
- B. never
- C. therefore
- D. consequently
- A. willing
- B. ready
- C. welcome
- D. waiting
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Going to party can be fun and enjoyable. If you are invited to a party, do call your host up early to inform him! her of whether you are going. If you want to bring someone who has not been invited along with you, you should ask for permission first. Remember to dress appropriately for the
party. You will stick out like a sore thumb if you are dressed formally whereas everyone else is in T-shirt and jeans. If you are not sure what to wear, do ask your host.
During the party you may perhaps like to help your host by offering to serve drinks or wash the dishes. Your host would certainly appreciate these efforts. If you happen to be in a party you do not know anyone, do not try to monopolize the host's attention. This is inconsiderate since your
host has many people to attend to and can not spend all his/ her time with you. Instead, learn to mingle with others at the party. You could try breaking the ice by introducing yourself to someone who is friendly-looking.
Before you leave the party, remember to thank your host first. If you have the time, you could even offer to help your host clean up the place.
- A. take someone with you
- B. ask for your parents' permission first
- C. bring a small gift
- D. call to confirm your arrival
- A. you will make people notice you
- B. people may be attached to you
- C. you will feel uncomfortable
- D. you shouldn't pay attention to your clothes
- A. Talk to your host as much as possible.
- B. Move around and talk to other guests.
- C. Try to break the ice up.
- D. Just make friends with friendly-looking people.
- A. make friends
- B. attract people's attention
- C. make people feel more relaxed
- D. establish a relationship
Which of the following is not true according to the passage?
- A. You shouldn't bring someone who hasn't been invited along with you to a party.
- B. You should help your host with the wash-up or clean-up.
- C. You shouldn't be very clearly different from everyone at the party.
- D. You shouldn't leave without showing your gratitude to your host.