Exercise 2: Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
John Logie Baird, who is called ‘the father of television’, was born in Scotland in 1888. He became an inventor at the age of 26. His first inventions were electrically-heated socks and air-filled shoes, but these were not very successful.
However, in 1923, he became interested in the idea of pictures by radio. He worked for several months, and the following year he succeeded in transmitting the first ‘television’ picture a few meters across the room.
Baird’s ‘television’ was not very clear, but people were very interested and he tried to make it better. In 1926, he showed it to the public at the Royal Society. In 1928, he transmitted the first picture across the Atlantic and in 1929, the BBC and the German post office began to broadcast TV with his system.
John Logie Baird______.
- A. is called ‘the father of television’
- B. was born in Scotland in 1888
- C. was an inventor
- D. all are correct
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: DADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- John Logie Baird______.
- One of Baird’s first inventions was__________
- Baird was interested in the idea of pictures by radio at the age of_____
- Baird’s ‘television’ was introduced to the world in______
- Which of the following sentence is not true?