Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (15 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 4103
Exercise 1: Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
The 15th Asian Games (1) _____ from December 1 through December 15, 2006, in Doha, Capital of Qatar. More than 10,000 athletes, who (2) _____ 45 countries and regions, took part in 39 sports and 424 events of the Games, the most important event in Asia. Some new events such as chess and triathlon were also (3) _____ in the Games.
The 15th Asian Games was organized at 34 sporting (4) _____, including Khalifa Stadium, which (5) _____ the opening and closing ceremonies. The Opening Ceremony of the 15th Asian Games, Doha 2006, at Khalifa Stadium, was the most (6) _____ opening of any Games with 50,000 people to get into Khalifa Stadium and more than one billion television (7) _____ The Doha Asian Games Organizing Committee (DAGOC) wanted to ensure that everybody who saw the ceremony would have a memory for life as suggested in the (8) _____ "The Games of Your Life." The 151h Asian Games was a successful sporting event that all (9) _____ would never forget. Everyone is looking forward (10) _____ the 16th Asian Games, which will be held in Guangzhou, China, from November 2 to November 18, 2010.
- A. set up
- B. took part
- C. brought about
- D. took place
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 4104
- A. symbolized
- B. represented
- C. expressed
- D. typified
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 4105
- A. included
- B. contained
- C. competed
- D. consisted
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 4106
- A. events
- B. facilities
- C. venues
- D. teams
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 4107
- A. held
- B. occurred
- C. took
- D. hosted
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 4108
- A. colorful
- B. formal
- C. spectacular
- D. elaborate
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 4109
- A. viewers
- B. observers
- C. partners
- D. spectators
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 4110
- A. portrait
- B. banner
- C. streamer
- D. slogan
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 4111
- A. attenders
- B. attendees
- C. attendants
- D. attendances
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 4112
- A. for
- B. in
- C. to
- D. into
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 4113
Exercise 2: Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
The Asian Games, also called the Asiad, is a multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia. The games are regulated by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) under the supervision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Medals are awarded in each event, with gold for first place, silver for second and bronze for third, a tradition which started in 1951. The Asian Games are dominated by the People's Republic of China.
Competitors are entered by a National Olympic Committee (NOC) to represent their country of citizenship. National anthems and flags accompany the medal ceremonies, and tables showing the number of medals won by each country are widely used. In general only recognized nations are represented, but a few nonsovereign countries are allowed to take part. The special case of Taiwan was handled by having it compete as Chinese Taipei, due to the political status of Taiwan.
The 15th Asian Games were held in Doha, Qatar from December 1 to December 15, 2006. The 16th Asian Games will be held in Guangzhou, China in 2010.
Which of the following is true?
- A. The Asian Games are held every year.
- B. The International Olympic Committee is the founder of the Asiad.
- C. The first gold medals were given to, the winning athletes in 1951.
- D. The Olympic Council of Asia organizes the Games.
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 4115
The People's Republic of China _______.
- A. is the strongest in the Asian Games
- B. is the host of the Asian Games
- C. is not allowed to take part in the Games
- D. refuse to enter the Games
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 4116
In the medal ceremonies _______.
- A. the competitors are entered to represent their country of citizenship.
- B. national anthems are played
- C. the number of medals won by each country is first announced
- D. the winners are given a string of flowers
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 4117
Which of the following is not true of the right to participate in the Asian Games?
- A. Only recognized nations are allowed to take part.
- B. Almost every nation can take part in the Games.
- C. Non-sovereign countries are also allowed to participate.
- D. All are correct.
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 4119
Which of the following is not true according to the passage?
- A. Qata was the host country in the 15th Asian Games.
- B. The 16th Asian Games will take place in China.
- C. Taiwan was not allowed to take part in the 15th Asian Games because of its political status.
- D. During the Asian Games, athletes from all over Asia come together to compete.