Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm (35 câu):
Câu 1: Mã câu hỏi: 22835
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
- A. jumped
- B. grabbed
- C. remarked
- D. laughed
Câu 2: Mã câu hỏi: 22836
- A. bathing
- B. method
- C. bathroom
- D. width
Câu 3: Mã câu hỏi: 22837
- A. doors
- B. plays
- C. students
- D. beds
Câu 4: Mã câu hỏi: 22838
Pick out the word whose main stressed syllable is different from the rest
- A. persuade
- B. comfort
- C. protect
- D. reduce
Câu 5: Mã câu hỏi: 22839
- A. terrorism
- B. economics
- C. preparation
- D. education
Câu 6: Mã câu hỏi: 22840
Choose the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part.
Cattle raising began in Texas (well) before the Civil War.
- A. ages
- B. properly
- C. long
- D. shortly
Câu 7: Mã câu hỏi: 22841
The (consensus) among his sisters was that he ought to get married.
- A. disagreement
- B. statistics
- C. survey
- D. concentration
Câu 8: Mã câu hỏi: 22842
Choose the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part.
The alarm (went off) at 5.30. I got up and got ready for work.
- A. went on
- B. worked
- C. rang
- D. opened
Câu 9: Mã câu hỏi: 22843
(Punctuality) is imperative in your new job.
- A. Being efficient
- B. Being on time
- C. Being cheerful
- D. Being courteous
Câu 10: Mã câu hỏi: 22844
Choose the underlined word or phrase in each sentence that needs correcting.
The major goal of primary education is to achieve basis literacy and innumeracy among all students.
- A. basis
- B. major goal
- C. is
- D. among
Câu 11: Mã câu hỏi: 22845
Education can often to be considered to be the most important element to develop a country.
- A. most important
- B. to develop
- C. to be considered
- D. can
Câu 12: Mã câu hỏi: 22846
Most parents prefer an education system which offers children widest study options in the world.
- A. which
- B. widest
- C. education system
- D. Most parents
Câu 13: Mã câu hỏi: 22847
Choose one sentence that has the same meaning as the root one.
He said, “My wife has just bought a diamond ring.”
- A. He said that his wife had just bought a diamond ring.
- B. He said that my wife had just bought a diamond ring.
- C. He said that his wife has just bought a diamond ring.
- D. He said that his wife just bought a diamond ring.
Câu 14: Mã câu hỏi: 22848
Tom asked me:” Did you have good time last year?”
- A. Tom asked me if was I having a good time last year.
- B. Tom asked me if would I have a good time the year before.
- C. Tom asked me whether I had had a good time the year before.
- D. Tom asked me whether I have had a good time the year before.
Câu 15: Mã câu hỏi: 22849
The girl who is standing over there is my sister.
- A. The girl stands over there is my sister.
- B. The girl standing over there is my sister.
- C. The girl who standing over there is my sister.
- D. The girl to stand over there is my sister.
Câu 16: Mã câu hỏi: 22850
Choose the sentence that best combines the pair of sentences given
The students have to learn many words. They are very difficult.
- A. The students have to learn many words which are very difficult.
- B. The students being very difficult have to learn many words.
- C. The students who are very difficult have to learn many words.
- D. The students whom have to learn many words being very difficult.
Câu 17: Mã câu hỏi: 22851
He doesn’t have time to do physical exercises. He is unhealthy.
- A. If he did physical exercise, she would be healthy.
- B. If he does physical exercise, she would be healthy.
- C. If he did physical exercise, she would have been healthy.
- D. If he had done physical exercise, she will be healthy.
Câu 18: Mã câu hỏi: 22852
Read the text below and choose the correct word or phrase for each space
In the western customs ...(18)... hands is the customary form of greeting, but in China a nod of the head or slight bow is sufficient. Hugging and kissing when greeting are uncommon. Business cards are often ...(19)... and yours should be printed in your own language and in Chinese. Also, it is more respectful to present your card or a gift or -any other article using both hands. The Chinese are ...(20)... applauders. You may be greeted with group clapping, even by small children. When a person is applauded in this practice it is the custom for that person to return the applause or a "thank you." When walking in public places, direct eye contact and staring is uncommon in the larger cities, especially in those areas accustomed to foreign visitors. ...(21)... , in smaller communities, visitors may be the subject of much curiosity and therefore you may notice some stares. Generally speaking, the Chinese are not a touch-oriented society, especially true for visitors. So, avoid ...(22)... or any prolonged form of body contact. Public displays of affection are very rare. On the other hand, you may 3note people of the same sex walking hand-in-hand, which is simply a gesture of friendship.
Do not worry about a bit of pushing and shoving in stores or when groups board public buses or trains. In this case, Apologies are neither offered or expected. The Chinese will stand much closer than Westerners.
- A. grasping
- B. hugging
- C. shaking
- D. taking
Câu 19: Mã câu hỏi: 22853
- A. converted
- B. exchanged
- C. transferred
- D. changed
Câu 20: Mã câu hỏi: 22854
- A. enthusiasm
- B. enthusiast
- C. enthusiastic
- D. enthusiastically
Câu 21: Mã câu hỏi: 22855
- A. Moreover
- B. Whatever
- C. However
- D. Furthermore
Câu 22: Mã câu hỏi: 22856
- A. touching
- B. touched
- C. touch
- D. to touch
Câu 23: Mã câu hỏi: 22857
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
The sign says, "Keep off the grass."
- A. The sign says, "Grass should not be grown here."
- B. The sign says, "Water the grass, please."
- C. The sign says, "Don't walk on the grass."
- D. The sign says, "Have someone cut the grass immediately."
Câu 24: Mã câu hỏi: 22858
We always stand by you when you are in need.
- A. We can never stand your necessity.
- B. We cannot do anything for you though you are in need.
- C. Whenever you are in need, we stand next to you.
- D. We always continue to support and help you when you are in need.
Câu 25: Mã câu hỏi: 22859
Go over the report before you submit it.
- A. Type the report quickly and then submit it.
- B. Before you write the report you have to find enough information.
- C. Before you submit the report, you should be finished writing it.
- D. Read the report carefully before you submit it.
Câu 26: Mã câu hỏi: 22860
I will take up golf this year.
- A. I will build a golf court this year.
- B. I will begin to play golf this year.
- C. I will enter a golf competition this year.
- D. I will stop playing golf this year.
Câu 27: Mã câu hỏi: 22861
Housewives do not have to spend a lot of time doing housework any more.
- A. Housewives have to spend more and more time to do housework.
- B. No longer do housewives have to spend a lot of time doing housework.
- C. Never have housewives spent as much time doing housework as they do now.
- D. Housework will never be done by housewives any more.
Câu 28: Mã câu hỏi: 22862
The fortune-teller ______ around here for a long time.
- A. hasn’t seen
- B. didn’t see
- C. hasn’t been see
- D. hasn’t been seen
Câu 29: Mã câu hỏi: 22863
The captain said to his men: “Cut the power supply immediately!”
- A. The chief fireman ordered his men to cut the power supply immediately.
- B. The chief fireman suggested his men cut the power supply immediately.
- C. The chief fireman requested his men to cut the power supply immediately.
- D. The chief fireman invited his men to cut the power supply immediately.
Câu 30: Mã câu hỏi: 22864
John: “Why don’t you take a break?” - Alex: “_________”
- A. Because I’m tired
- B. I don’t agree
- C. Sure, go ahead
- D. I guess I should
Câu 31: Mã câu hỏi: 22865
Read the passage below. Then choose one best answer (A), (B), (C) or (D) to each question
Today’s cars are smaller, safer, cleaner and more economical than their predecessors, but the car of the future will be far more pollution-free than those on the road today. Several new types of automobile engines have already been developed that run on alternative sources of power, such as electricity, compressed natural gas, methanol, steam, hydrogen, propane.
Electricity, however, is the only zero-emission option presently available. Although electric vehicles will not be truly practical until a powerful, compact battery or another dependable source of current is available, transportation expects foresee a new assortment of electric vehicles entering everyday life: shorter-range commuter electric cars, three-wheeled neighbourhood cars, electric deliver vans, bikes, and trolleys.
As automakers work to develop practical electric vehicles, urban planners and utility engineers are focusing on infrastructure systems to support and make the best use of the new cars. Public charging facilities will need to be as common as today’s gas stations. Public parking spots on the street or in commercial lots will need to be equipped with devices that allow drivers to charge their batteries while they stop, dine, or attend a concert. To encourage the use of electric vehicles, the most convenient parking in transportation centres might be reserved for electric cars.
Planners foresee electric shuttle buses, trains and neighbourhood vehicles all meeting at transit centres that would have facilities for charging and renting. Commuters will be able to rent a variety of electric cars to suit their needs: light trucks, one-person three wheelers, small cars, or electric/gasoline hybrid cars for longer trips, which is no doubt take place on automated freeways capable of handling five times number of vehicles that can be carried by a freeway today.
The following electric vehicles are all mentioned in the passage EXCEPT........
- A. trolleys
- B. trains
- C. vans
- D. planes
Câu 32: Mã câu hỏi: 22866
According to the passage, public parking lots in the future will be......
- A. more convenient than they are today.
- B. much larger than they are today.
- C. equipped with charging devices.
- D. as common as today’s gas stations.
Câu 33: Mã câu hỏi: 22867
The author’s purpose in the passage is to........
- A. narrate a story about alternative energy vehicles.
- B. describe the possibilities for transportation in the future.
- C. support the invention of electric cars.
- D. criticize conventional vehicles.
Câu 34: Mã câu hỏi: 22868
The word “charging” in this passage refer to.......
- A. lightening
- B. electricity
- C. parking
- D. credit cards
Câu 35: Mã câu hỏi: 22870
It can be inferred from the passage that..........
- A. electricity is the best alternative source of power as it is almost free of pollution.
- B. the present electric engines are the best option as being practical.
- C. the present cars are more economical than their future generation.
- D. many new types of practical electric engines have been developed.