Choose the best answers.
Rainforests circle the globe for twenty degrees of latitude on both sides the equator. In that relatively narrow band of the planet, more than half of all the species of plants and animals in the world make their home. Sever hundred different varieties of trees may grow in a single acre, and just one of those trees may be the habitat for more than ten thousands kinds of spiders ants, and other insects. More species of amphibians, birds, insects, mammals and reptiles live in rainforests than anywhere else on earth.
Unfortunately, half of the world's rainforests have already been destroyed and at the current rate, another 25 percent will be lost by the year 200. Scientists estimate that as many as fifty million acres are destroyed annually. In other words, every sixty seconds, one hundred acres of rainforest is cleared. When this happens, constant rains- erode the former forest floor, thin layer of soil no longer supports plant life, and the ecology of the region is altered forever. Thousands of species of plants and animals are condemned to extinction and since we aren't able to predict the ramifications of this loss o a delicate global ecology, we don't know what we may be doing to the future the human species as well.Câu hỏi:
'What is the point of view that the author expresses in this passage?
- A. The author believes that the rainforest will survive.
- B. The author believes that preserving the rainforest is important to global ecology.
- C. The author believes that he can predict the future of global ecology.
- D. The author believes that the extinction of species is a natural process.
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: BADSENSE
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- New laws have been passed to ………. wildlife in this area.
- They were seeking a solution to the ……… of the rain forests.
- Although he didnt have a ticket, Ken ………. come in.
- Nearly 1,000 of the worlds bird species are threatened with ......................
- He came running …….. the room and threw his books …….. the floor.
- Rare species of plants or ………. can be found in this region.
- Without plants, mast water would ………. as soon as it falls.
- If Al had come sooner, he ……. dinner with us.
- Are you still employed at the bank? Yes, I ……… there since 1998.
- Orlando, a city in Florida, ……… for its main attraction - Disney.
- Whats wrong with your stereo? `The needle needs ………..
- All the students ………. do well in writing.
- ……… resigned, we would have been forced to sack him.
- Its against the law to kill the black rhinoceros. They …….. extinct.
- What is the point of view that the author expresses in this passage?
- According to the passage, more than half of all the species of plants and animals ______.
- How many of the worlds rainforests are projected to be destroyed by the year 2000 if the current rate continues?