Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
A YEAR WITH OVERSEAS VOLUNTEERS
I was with Overseas Volunteers (OV) for a year after leaving university, and I was sent to an isolated village in Chad, about 500 km from the capital N'Djamena. Coming from' a rich country, I got quite a shock as conditions were much harder than I had expected. But after a few days I soon got used to living there. The people were always very friendly and helpful, and soon I began to appreciate how beautiful the countryside was.
One of my jobs was to supply the village with water. The well was a long walk away. And the women used to spend a long time every day carrying heavy pots backwards and forwards. So I contacted organization and arranged to have some pipes delivered. We built a simple pipeline and a pump, and it worked first time. It wasn't perfect - there were a few leaks, but it made a great difference to the villagers, who had never had running water before. And not only did we have running water, but in the evenings it was hot, because the pipe had been lying in the sun all day. All in all, I think.my time with OV was a good experience. Although it was not well-paid, it was well worth doing, and I would recommend it to anyone who was considering working for a charity.Câu hỏi:
The author _______.
- A. used to be a volunteer working in a remote village
- B. is living in the capital N'Djamena
- C. was born in a rich family
- D. has been working for OV for a year
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: AADMICRO
Mã câu hỏi: 17588
Loại bài: Bài tập
Môn học: Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- The pop singer sings very _______.
- Mr. Brown _______ in the company for 5 years before he moved there.
- Martin denied _______ the man on the day of the crime.
- It was _______ a difficult question that we couldnt answer it.
- I retired when I was sixty and now Im living on my _______.
- Please forgive me. I didnt mean _______ you.
- I remember _______ to Paris when I was a very small child.
- He prefer reading books _______ watching TV.
- Instead of buying a new pair of shoes, I had my old ones _______.
- They have no money and are forced to live on _______.
- 'Is Marsha still here?' 'No. She was the first _______.
- Had he worked harder last summer, he _______.
- _______ anniversary is the day exactly 50 years after a marriage, often celebrated with a party.
- At the time she was under the influence _______ her husband.
- Inside it, I saw a wad of dollar notes exactly like the ones my father _______ me.
- Two friends Linda and Peter are talking about his last football match.Peter:
- In _______ United States, people of all ages celebrate birthdays.
- I saw the cat _______ through the window.
- Their childen are used to _______ up after school every day.
- The film _______ by the time we _______ to the cinema.
- Up to now, they have not made a _______ whether they will go or not.
- Its a long time since I last saw him.
- Theres no point in persuading him to do this.
- She usually drinks a glass of milk before going to bed every night.
- I regret lending him money.
- I couldnt help laughing when he told me that story.
- The author _______.
- How did the author feel when he arrived in the village?
- Which of the following is NOT TRUE?
- What does the author think about his time with OV?