Exercise 1: Read the passage carefully and then choose the correct answers
These days, most people in Britain and the US do not wear very formal clothes. But sometimes it is important to wear the right thing.
Many British people don't think about clothes very much. They just like to be comfortable. When they go out to enjoy themselves, they can wear almost anything. At theatres, cinemas and concerts you can put on what you like from elegant suits and dresses to jeans and sweaters. Anything goes, as long as you look clean and tidy.
But in Britain, as well as the US, men in offices usually wear suits and ties, and women wear dresses or skirt (not trousers). Doctors, lawyers and business people wear quite formal clothes. And in some hotels and restaurants men have to wear ties and women wear smart dresses.
In many years, Americans are more relaxed than British people, but they are more careful with their clothes. At home, or on holiday, most Americans wear informal or sporty clothes. But when they go out in the evening, they like to look elegant. In good hotels and restaurants, men have to wear jackets and ties, and women wear pretty clothes and smart hairstyles.
It is difficult to say exactly what people wear informal or formal in Britain and the US, because everyone is different. If you are not sure what to wear, watch what other people do and then do the same. You'll feel more relaxed if you don't look too different from everyone else.Câu hỏi:
Many British people wear freely when they ..........
- A. Attend meetings
- B. Attend lectures
- C. Spend their spare time
- D. Meet their friends
Lời giải tham khảo:
Đáp án đúng: C
Mã câu hỏi: 962
Loại bài: Bài tập
Môn học: Tiếng Anh
Câu hỏi này thuộc đề thi trắc nghiệm dưới đây, bấm vào Bắt đầu thi để làm toàn bài
Hướng dẫn Trắc nghiệm Online và Tích lũy điểm thưởng
CÂU HỎI KHÁC
- Many British people wear freely when they .........
- Who doesn't usually wear suits and ties?
- If you visit an American friend at home in the evening, you may find that your friend wears...........
- If you are in a foreign country, the best way the writer suggests to you is to wear........................
- What do you think the passage is mainly about?
- As we know, love, especcially the true love, is an essential factor for a _____ life
- Someone compares love with light or water to life. Indeed, with love we can suffer the ___, sufferings or misfortunes of life.
- We can say love and forgiveness arc two unseparable qualities
- Few Asian students agree ___the American students’ view that wives and husbands share all thoughts
- In fact, a majority of Indians and Chinese____it is better and wiser for a couple not to share certain thoughts
- Trust should be built ___ love
- a husband _____ tell his wife where he has been if he comes home late
- The comparison of the four values suggests that young Asians are not as romantic as their American___
- An Indian woman has to _____more in a marriage than a man
- Who are much more concerned _______ physical attractiveness when choosing a wife or a husband, the young Americans or the young Asians?
- the parents of the bride and the groom decide ____ the marriage